Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fallenkezef

Re: Contribution

Post#71 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:02 am

I do wonder how bad a bogeyman the "xrealmer" really is.

Sure I've losy my rag after the 5th lord reset before now, convinced myself that it's deliberate. Yet you have to ask yourself, why go through all the hassle just to bugger up a lord reset or drain resources using the teleport.

I think in all honesty it's inexperienced players, probably who do not speak English so do not understand the yelled "get off stairs".
Alea iacta est

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#72 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:40 am

dansari wrote: Yep - that's what I mean. It can be very frustrating trying to rank a keep sometimes because of that
It's hilarious how many things would be an absolute non-issue, if people stopped being stupid ~ even just in a video game, isn't it?

Considering gold is not an issue, hit the pugs where it hurts... -500/x RR per use of a portal, only to be refunded if the zone is successfully flipped for your realm ~ chances are the most oblivious diehards will derank to RR1 within a single zone.

szejoza

Post#73 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:43 am

Darosh wrote: Considering gold is not an issue, hit the pugs where it hurts... -500/x RR per use of a portal, only to be refunded if the zone is successfully flipped for your realm ~ chances are the most oblivious diehards will derank to RR1 within a single zone.
I like this madness :D
actually it could make forces more willing to lock the zone as well, no more farming each other for hours
Last edited by szejoza on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Fallenkezef

Post#74 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:17 am

Or just disable teleports completely?
Alea iacta est

Darosh
Banned

Post#75 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:23 am

szejoza wrote:
Darosh wrote: Considering gold is not an issue, hit the pugs where it hurts... -500/x RR per use of a portal, only to be refunded if the zone is successfully flipped for your realm ~ chances are the most oblivious diehards will derank to RR1 within a single zone.
actually it would make forces more willing to lock the zone as well, no more farming each other for hours
The oldest MMOs with the most vicious and sadistic handling of individual progression made for the most hilarious experiences, and their communities used to learn rather quickly.
They might have been composed of a bunch of cutthroats longterm, but it worked out just fine - everyone had plenty of reason to socialize, educate oneself on mechanics, up one's banter and take the games for what they were: games.

There is ultimately no reason to learn for most, if there are no tangible consequences...

Fallenkezef

Post#76 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 am

Darosh wrote:
szejoza wrote:
actually it would make forces more willing to lock the zone as well, no more farming each other for hours
The oldest MMOs with the most vicious and sadistic handling of individual progression made for the most hilarious experiences, and their communities used to learn rather quickly.
They might have been composed of a bunch of cutthroats longterm, but it worked out just fine - everyone had plenty of reason to socialize, educate oneself on mechanics, up one's banter and take the games for what they were: games.

There is ultimately no reason to learn for most, if there are no tangible consequences...
There is a reason Pavlov used a bell instead of a sharp stick....
Alea iacta est

Aurandilaz

Post#77 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 pm

szejoza wrote:
actually it could make forces more willing to lock the zone as well, no more farming each other for hours
Random thought related to actually giving incentives to lock zone:
-Winners get bags and normal rewards
-Losers don't get bags, only a roll bonus (for next zone they actually win), but gain double the medal rewards.

Want bags, actually get the zone locked. But losing still gives good medal progression and saves your contribution for future.

Would make things interesting when you have 2 zones opened at same time. People who want bags really want to ensure their realm captures one of them, people who are okay with just medals or getting lot of renown with AAO possibly go defend a zone where they are about to lose, and in process of that build up good contri that can be cashed out with future victory locks.

The current state of endgame campaign where whether you win or lose doesn't matter... well that just doesn't really motivate to go for those 1k keep ticks.

Fallenkezef

Post#78 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
szejoza wrote:
Random thought related to actually giving incentives to lock zone:
-Winners get bags and normal rewards
-Losers don't get bags, only a roll bonus (for next zone they actually win), but gain double the medal rewards.

Want bags, actually get the zone locked. But losing still gives good medal progression and saves your contribution for future.

Would make things interesting when you have 2 zones opened at same time. People who want bags really want to ensure their realm captures one of them, people who are okay with just medals or getting lot of renown with AAO possibly go defend a zone where they are about to lose, and in process of that build up good contri that can be cashed out with future victory locks.

The current state of endgame campaign where whether you win or lose doesn't matter... well that just doesn't really motivate to go for those 1k keep ticks.
Gratz, you just killed the game....

Everyone would just xrealm to the winning side once a zerg starts under your proposed system.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#79 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Gratz, you just killed the game....

Everyone would just xrealm to the winning side once a zerg starts under your proposed system.
Remember when bags dropped from keep victories only and still hundreds would show up to defend their keeps to the last man in hope of farming tons of renown and medals...
Or perhaps the people who would maximize renown and medal gains would seek to play underdog while benefiting from AAO and in process of forfeiting instant white bag/cow pie would instead earn enough contri to get a gold and purple the day after from mediocre victory locks due to previously saved contri?

Fallenkezef

Post#80 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote: Gratz, you just killed the game....

Remember when bags dropped from keep victories only and still hundreds would show up to defend their keeps to the last man in hope of farming tons of renown and medals...
Or perhaps the people who would maximize renown and medal gains would seek to play underdog while benefiting from AAO and in process of forfeiting instant white bag/cow pie would instead earn enough contri to get a gold and purple the day after from mediocre victory locks due to previously saved contri?
We alteady have mass zegs to fotm faction/classes as it is. People follow path of least resistance, I think your idea is unwise but we both have our opinions and we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Alea iacta est