Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Darosh
Banned

Re: Contribution

Post#81 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: There is a reason Pavlov used a bell instead of a sharp stick....
The point isn't to condition people, but to cultivate agency and common sense.
Nature's sharp sticks and teeth - especially teeth* - might be unpleasent, but pretty good teachers...

E:Fixed the butchered quote. Added a bit* I fancy.

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#82 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Join ICONIC if you like winning

sogeou

Post#83 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Question if anyone can answer. Yesterday order defended CW for 2 hours then took CW a few hours later. I pvp'ed in that zone for almost 3 hours with over a 100 KB while doing everything. It seems lots of people did not get contribution or xp/rp / tokens for the lock. Is this a bug and will sometimes happen? I did not log off or crash. One person in my group did get bag roll and xp.

Just wanted to know how often it seems to happen.

Samejima

Post#84 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:59 pm

sogeou wrote:Question if anyone can answer. Yesterday order defended CW for 2 hours then took CW a few hours later. I pvp'ed in that zone for almost 3 hours with over a 100 KB while doing everything. It seems lots of people did not get contribution or xp/rp / tokens for the lock. Is this a bug and will sometimes happen? I did not log off or crash. One person in my group did get bag roll and xp.

Yeah, same situation for me. The message on zone lock wasn't "Order has captured CW" but instead I got zone closing message about reluctant Order/Des pulling their supply lines out.

Not sure how common it is but it's the first time I've experienced it, and I've played for several months. Got me a little salty, not gonna lie :|

Thelen

Post#85 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:27 pm

sogeou wrote:Question if anyone can answer. Yesterday order defended CW for 2 hours then took CW a few hours later. I pvp'ed in that zone for almost 3 hours with over a 100 KB while doing everything. It seems lots of people did not get contribution or xp/rp / tokens for the lock. Is this a bug and will sometimes happen? I did not log off or crash. One person in my group did get bag roll and xp.

Happened to me as well. 2nd time this week. I put it onto the bug tracker. That's pretty much what you sign up for when alpha testing a server. There will be bugs and you just move on to the next fight and let the devs do what they do best.

Phoenixfree

Post#86 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:42 pm

I especially appreciate avoid cross-realming as it is killing the game.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#87 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:14 am

There's a thread titled "I did not get rewarded in x zone" you should post in. Making new threads and cluttering others won't help fix the issue.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25204

Aurandilaz

Post#88 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:48 pm

What about countering the abuse of the system where "defenders" decide to leave/abandon/logoff from actual RvR lake at moment of lock, driving up AAO to the hundreds for the duration of the lock. Result; "winners" receive RNG rolls heavily adjusted downwards due to taking zone where few defenders remain in the lake at moment of lock.
The zone might have been 100v100 earlier, or 80v90, then down to 70v50, then to 50v80, then to 40v60, to 40v30 and might lock hours later with 50v20, resulting with each attacker getting scores which will be adjusted according to the AAO existing at moment of zone lock, most likely granting the winners lot of cow pies.

Obviously taking empty zones that are barely defended should not grant good rewards, but denying your enemy bags by refusing to enter zone at moment of lock or changing zone to elsewhere before lock.... well it's kinda punishing towards those who are the supposed "winners".

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:What about countering the abuse of the system where "defenders" decide to leave/abandon/logoff from actual RvR lake at moment of lock, driving up AAO to the hundreds for the duration of the lock. Result; "winners" receive RNG rolls heavily adjusted downwards due to taking zone where few defenders remain in the lake at moment of lock.
The zone might have been 100v100 earlier, or 80v90, then down to 70v50, then to 50v80, then to 40v60, to 40v30 and might lock hours later with 50v20, resulting with each attacker getting scores which will be adjusted according to the AAO existing at moment of zone lock, most likely granting the winners lot of cow pies.

Obviously taking empty zones that are barely defended should not grant good rewards, but denying your enemy bags by refusing to enter zone at moment of lock or changing zone to elsewhere before lock.... well it's kinda punishing towards those who are the supposed "winners".
You don't get Cow Pies for people leaving RvR zone.

Fallenkezef

Post#90 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:What about countering the abuse of the system where "defenders" decide to leave/abandon/logoff from actual RvR lake at moment of lock, driving up AAO to the hundreds for the duration of the lock. Result; "winners" receive RNG rolls heavily adjusted downwards due to taking zone where few defenders remain in the lake at moment of lock.

Any evidence of this?
Alea iacta est