Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kmark101

Re: Contribution

Post#11 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Natherul wrote: The gap between gear will be nowhere near as it was on the original server so it wont be the same level of imbalance due to gear. That said we have not really discussed when to release new gear more then that its probably (not probably) when we have some new content coming out.
I'm looking forward more to cosmetics gear variance, badass warhammerish looks, new weapon skins etc.. rather than items with more power. Is that doable?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Scrilian

Post#12 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Some express their concern that the recent personal contribution changes is what puts the heavy strain on the server, making it barely playable during EU prime time, which was never the case prior to this.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Sedok wrote:I don't think it was a good idea to release this information. What prevents people from gaming the system now, knowing what they have to hit? They can just go down the list, hit the easiest things, and get some contribution. I think it was better to keep this information hidden, as just playing your class well gets you good contribution and there's nothing to gain from knowing precisely how it breaks down.
Well thats why we dont release the weighting but the stuff on this list is exactly what we want you to do in the lake.

Glorian

Post#14 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Well most of the info isn't new. But it is good that you see it is not only kill counts that give contribution, but heals, rezzes, and absorbed guard damage too.

Sedok

Post#15 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Natherul wrote:Well thats why we dont release the weighting but the stuff on this list is exactly what we want you to do in the lake.
Eh, I'm just worried we may see trends of people sitting at BOs for a bit, heading to keep to kill the siege weaponry, then dying to the Lord. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
kmark101 wrote:I'm looking forward more to cosmetics gear variance, badass warhammerish looks, new weapon skins etc.. rather than items with more power. Is that doable?
I'm not a technical person, but you assuming they got client control, they would need an artist, modeler, and a gfx person to create new armor sets. And with 24 class using at least 8 skeletons, that's an immense amount of work for just making one new armor tier. Someone mentioned that they might be able to get some of the armor looks off NPCs (like the Khorne and Nurgle armors), but not sure how they would do if its part of the NPC and not its own asset.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

Aurandilaz

Post#16 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Question, how do you get contribution from attacking Siege Tools, if Ram blocks you 100% because you are magical dps? (sorc/BW)

Fallenkezef

Post#17 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Ok everyone re-roll your slayers and choppas, lazy tanks have a reason to guard you now! :lol:
Alea iacta est

Fallenkezef

Post#18 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Question, how do you get contribution from attacking Siege Tools, if Ram blocks you 100% because you are magical dps? (sorc/BW)
Not every class has access to every contrib option.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#19 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:03 pm

A question about the "cross-realming" contribution penalties:

Does the contribution take into account switching from the populated side to the lesser populated side? For example, if I start the day on my Order toons then notice that Destro is getting rolled due to a pop imbalance and I switch to Destro will that slow down (or even prevent) contribution for my Destro toons?

xanderous

Post#20 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Aethilmar wrote:A question about the "cross-realming" contribution penalties:

Does the contribution take into account switching from the populated side to the lesser populated side? For example, if I start the day on my Order toons then notice that Destro is getting rolled due to a pop imbalance and I switch to Destro will that slow down (or even prevent) contribution for my Destro toons?
No you will just lose all contribution gained on the previous character and your new one will start from scratch.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer