Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Epo

Re: Theft

Post#71 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm
Secrets wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm It is one thing to preserve a game that no longer exists
Lots of valid points but part in quote is questionable. With all the imposed and simply not needed class changes it stopped to feel like "preserving WAR" a while back. To many it feels like game is being warped into something different. Tweaks are understandable, but thing like making ranged class into leading melee class (last two 6vs6 events two order teams out of ten didnt run ASW) and other unwanted changes create discontent in playerbase. Additionally every concern about those changes is met with rude responses or flat out threats of banning ppl who dare to speak up.
Not defending new server in any way, but stuff like that happen for a reason. Maybe RoR dev team should take a closer look into own ranks and evaluate if every team member behaves with at least modicum respect towards playerbase and if implemented changes are not too drastic and if game balance really needs them.
If those issues above wouldnt be real, nobody would ever bother making new server and nobody would be interested in playing there. Its the disregard of playerbase shown by certain RoR staff members that creates demand and supply for new options.

Agree with these points.

Greenbeast wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm
Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm It relates as to understand reasons why did it even happen in the first place, ways it could have been avoided and still can be put down with minimal to no dmg to RoR project, with apriopriate actions.
Yeah, right. Victim of thievery is to blame in being robbed because it was too loud and did things thieves didn't like. Yeah, that's great logic! Like a woman been raped because her appearance were too provocative.
There are no excuses for this act.

Comparing this to :| is a new level of ridiculous.

Ads
dansari

Post#72 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm If this person actually stole your (intellectual) property, you would have grounds for legal action. But you don't, so you resorted to namecalling and virtue signalling. It's not helping your case.
Spoiler:
<Salt Factory>

Hargrim
Developer

Post#73 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:34 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm
Hargrim wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:24 pm
Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm

It relates as to understand reasons why did it even happen in the first place, ways it could have been avoided and still can be put down with minimal to no dmg to RoR project, with apriopriate actions.

It happened because somebody lack enough backbone and moral integrity to not do that. And some more somebodies who want to hop on that project and help to build their team using stolen property.
If this person actually stole your (intellectual) property, you would have grounds for legal action. But you don't, so you resorted to namecalling and virtue signalling. It's not helping your case.

I'm not lead so the decision is outside my hands. But financial cost of such action would probably be too high to bear for actually no real gain, so there is that.

Also, you seem to have good time posting those weak trolls, so kindly refrain from posting here again. Thanks.

Bowldancer

Post#74 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:35 pm

I am really sorry to hear that you were betrayed in such a way and that your trust was abused.

Edit: I am just a guest here and it still feels like someone punched me in the stomach.
Last edited by Bowldancer on Tue May 22, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Nameless

Post#75 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 pm

My guess is that ppl at charge of the other project really soon will realize how hard and tiresome is to manage such server and will let it die.
The problem is that till then some playerbase will be lost which will hurt ror the most at least for some time
Last edited by Nameless on Tue May 22, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

orillah
Suspended

Post#76 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 pm

dansari wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm
darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm If this person actually stole your (intellectual) property, you would have grounds for legal action. But you don't, so you resorted to namecalling and virtue signalling. It's not helping your case.
Spoiler:
Poor Kevin!

warislove

Post#77 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:42 pm

@Nameless...i was thinking the same, they will stroke their epeen together for a month and than will just quit bcs you know...the **** wont code itself

Greenbeast

Post#78 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Epo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm Comparing this to :| is a new level of ridiculous.
Read whole post please and not a single word.
If you don't like this comparison I can tell it in other words for you.
You been beaten on your way home because you had pink hat on. You are to blame for that because only idiots wear pink hats in this time of the year.
Many people try to blame the developers for being robbed because of their actions. In my opinion, this is a very "good" logic.

If you or some one else do not like this project they always can spend 5 years in creating a new one using war emulator. Or you can play different game. But telling this guys(devs) that they are to blame in been robbed is ridiculous.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#79 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:46 pm

orillah wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:16 pm Guys, stealing is bad, so we are clear here.Common sense and stuff, everyone whos disagrees have some moral compass problems.

P.S. Tried to find this second server for the whole 15 mins - failed. False alarm.
It's a bit of a grey area. While the code- updates they've made are new- the rest of the content of ror is technically stolen.
I remember there was talk about the Russians wanting to open up their own server but that was a few years? Ago... it will also most likely, as others have said, consist of toxic players.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#80 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:51 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:46 pm
orillah wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:16 pm Guys, stealing is bad, so we are clear here.Common sense and stuff, everyone whos disagrees have some moral compass problems.

P.S. Tried to find this second server for the whole 15 mins - failed. False alarm.
It's a bit of a grey area. While the code- updates they've made are new- the rest of the content of ror is technically stolen.
I remember there was talk about the Russians wanting to open up their own server but that was a few years? Ago... it will also most likely, as others have said, consist of toxic players.
When you paid 60$ to play this game it was run by a service. You also paid for that service as long as it was running. We didn't steal the game we took over the service and no one gave us the code for the service. Now someone else has stolen the code of the service that we provide. Is that simple enough for you?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog