Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Glorian
Posts: 3588

Re: Theft

Post#171 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:36 am

sancra wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:29 am
Hello,
I don't want to deny the enormous work accomplished by the team, but as an open source guy, I feel that each open source based application should publish its code, for multiple reasons, philosophy, security and so on.
Without the open sourced base you had, maybe this project would have never existed.
I will not comment about the leak you had, we don't know all the story, as we got your version only. To me the code belongs to everybody in the project, coders, designers, testers, and even some highly participating players, as all of them have spent time on this project.
Maybe I would like to be able to run my own server for testing and maybe create a project, based on your source but with my settings, more scenario based for example, why is it an issue ?
Last word, thanks to the whole team members for their heavy work and dedication, to me the most important fact is you have delivered a lot of pleasure to many people, all around the world, forget anything else.
Thanks again, for the past and the future.
Kind regards,
Propably yes, if the devs who put the most time in it made it open source.
But they didn't.

It is like you would say that if you live for 10 years in the house of a friend you say suddently that this is also partially your house as you have helped with the garden and such.

User avatar
Grunbag
R&D
Posts: 1029

Re: Theft

Post#172 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:44 am

Jaycub wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 am





I don't know what to say other than you created an environment where hundreds of players are excited for a server being ran by who knows probably using stolen source and regardless of the level of content it is attractive to them based solely on the fact that the staff at RoR is NOT running it. God forbid this server get's real content like cities or endgame dungeons pushed out faster than you guys.

I don't recall this being an open forum to piss on staff. Take your babyrage elsewhere.
.

We don’t have to worry about that , they already said that this is open source , so once they will have all dungeons and cities working they will share it with everyone right ? Because this is what everyone is saying here ...
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 1660

Re: Theft

Post#173 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:47 am

sancra wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:29 am
Maybe I would like to be able to run my own server for testing and maybe create a project, based on your source but with my settings, more scenario based for example, why is it an issue ?
Hi,

No issue, the open source part of the code is in the forums footer, go ahead and start your own server.

BR
Image

Ads
Wdova
Posts: 186

Re: Theft

Post#174 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:54 am

sancra wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:29 am
Hello,

I don't want to deny the enormous work accomplished by the team, but as an open source guy, I feel that each open source based application should publish its code, for multiple reasons, philosophy, security and so on.

Without the open sourced base you had, maybe this project would have never existed.

I will not comment about the leak you had, we don't know all the story, as we got your version only. To me the code belongs to everybody in the project, coders, designers, testers, and even some highly participating players, as all of them have spent time on this project.

Maybe I would like to be able to run my own server for testing and maybe create a project, based on your source but with my settings, more scenario based for example, why is it an issue ?

Last word, thanks to the whole team members for their heavy work and dedication, to me the most important fact is you have delivered a lot of pleasure to many people, all around the world, forget anything else.

Thanks again, for the past and the future.

Kind regards,
What kind of logic is behind this? "To me the code belongs to everybody in the project, coders, designers, testers, and even some highly participating players, as all of them have spent time on this project."
There is open source code which is available for everyone and also everyone can make theyr own projects. The server we play on belongs to this dev team. Its theyr project and stoling theyr work is not acceptable.
SM - Hajzl
Kobs - Valdstein
Slay - Lokomotiv


Destro:
retired for now. Not enough time for selfish soloer WE and dps Shamman :D

Flavorburst
Posts: 93

Re: Theft

Post#175 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:54 am

Frecky wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:22 am
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:21 am
Frecky wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:35 am


Okay, like I said, forgive me if I was wrong... I respect that they wrote their own codes and everything, but they had something to base it on as the game was previously live. If they actually wrote their own codes for their own game instead of making something of another game, I would feel sympathy for them, but it's warhammer and it's decently easy to write these codes. I've written codes for 20+ years and I could write warhammer codes if I sat here and actually tried. But, I do see your point of view on this and I respect your opinion.
Writes code for 20 years
Is only 17 years old

Image
Who?
http://i.cubeupload.com/knUdYZ.png

You are a liar and have no idea what you are talking about. Enjoy your new server.

User avatar
Yaliskah
King of Nothing
Posts: 1235

Re: Theft

Post#176 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:04 am

Well. I think it is time to close this post. If some missed the point, well i highly doubt they will understand after 18 pages (and i think they just won't).

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests