Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ferraz19

Re: Theft

Post#131 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:54 pm

warislove wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:06 pm :lol: i can already imagine the playerbase there: banned cheaters/exploiters, toxic mofos and ofc the leet pimps
"and ofc leet pimps" lol dafuq xD

Ads
darkhosis

Post#132 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 pmThe GM staff here is on constant watch for players that use botting, multiboxing, vile attitudes, blatant racism/sexism/other-isms, and outright abuse of other players.
Gosh, I hope it isn't too woke. Vile attitudes help make things interesting.

Everquest would not have been near as fun as it was w/o training giants across commons or griefing other ppl's raids.

Gangan

Post#133 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:56 pm

This realy sucks to read :(
To steal something you all have put so much power and effort into is mean and treacherous move.
Hopefully the last big progessions, like client controll, were not part of the stolen datas, so that this "true" server will soon have a big advantage. *fingers crossed*

I know not everyone agrees with all your decisions and your moderation a 100% (including myself), but I have to admit in a place like the depth of the internet, sometimes a strong and strict hand is needed to keep everything together and in a enjoyable state for everyone else.

Keep up the good work, I'm always eager to see what you will bring back next :D
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#134 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:58 pm

darkhosis wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 pmThe GM staff here is on constant watch for players that use botting, multiboxing, vile attitudes, blatant racism/sexism/other-isms, and outright abuse of other players.
Gosh, I hope it isn't too woke. Vile attitudes help make things interesting.

Everquest would not have been near as fun as it was w/o training giants across commons or griefing other ppl's raids.
It's not fairy pony princess land, but we have rules and griefing would get your hand slapped. Lots of people who recall the absolute void of GM activity on the live servers, or any MMO server I guess, might not be prepared for those ToS items actually being enforced.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bignusty

Post#135 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Oooowwwww not good for all your work !!! but this new server isnt release ?

Instead if they are proposing new things or restoring some things like live version maybe some players who arnt okay whit RoR change and politic are gonna to leave .

Zegota

Post#136 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Don't worry, nalgol. Behind-the-scenes heroes are still and will always be appreciated. Everyone knows who are the real heroes, and who made it possible and easy for others to get all the limelight by changing numbers in spreadsheets. There's a lot of people who have been a member of this server for 3+ years, and are well aware and thankfull for the progress that you, Londo and Aza made.

Foomy44

Post#137 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Just wanna let Devs know I really appreciate all the hard work you guys do. Theft of info was likely to happen at one point, it blows but that's the world we live in, stealing 1's and 0's is easy and common. Hope it doesn't demotivate you guys at all, ton of us love this server and I know I won't be going near the other one (even though I PASSIONATELY disagree with many of your changes ::cough cough guardian WLs and dot disrupt changes::) mostly because of how they chose to start it, but also because it's gonna attract lots of banned players and would divide the pop which is small enough during my play time as is.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Jinxypie

Post#138 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:11 pm

nalgol wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:46 pm
heygamers wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:16 pm Claiming theft as if the code you are sitting on is even 1/10th your own doing is so **** dishonest it's unbelievable. Az and Londo did ALL of the coding work on this server, you guys have done absolutely nothing since they left besides your custom server events and class balancing.
that feels so sad that noone knows what i did for the server i just spend 2 years 4 hours a day basicly to work out packets all kinds of features from the basic class mechanics, crafting, gold chests, keep captures, sige weapons, spawn clean up, pq system up to the dungeon system 50000 lines of code was written by me i was there when the server was here day 1 with crasy overspawns no working combat basicly nothing at all i wrote the first combat code where armor finaly worked where you could block parry stealth all that was done by me
i had fun doing that it was like a puzzel where every pice you place makes the whole thing more compleat

we had reasons why the server code is not open source its not many casue it is our work
but war has a very limmited player base dividing that playerbase to 10 other server would be the death of war who would want to play on a server with 100 ppl on where scs dont pop you cant find groups for dungeons or just wander around in empty rvr areas
noone would want that

and then you get accused to be shitty devs on some forums thats a bit hartbreking sometimes
i never banned anyone well i didnt even played the live server mutch in this 2 years i dont even have a lvl 40 char yet after 4 years im with this project
Well ppl outside the team will prolly never fully appreciate your work, but those numbers of players keep logging everyday to enjoy your War iteration should speak for itself;)
We are not blind, but people tends to point out what they dont like over things they do. So keep rocking RoR team! Joy cannot exist without sadness after all ;)
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#139 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:22 pm

nalgol wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:46 pm that feels so sad...
Don't let that feeling sink in.
People are always more vocal about things they dont like - that applies even more to the internet.
I for one am eternally grateful for your work as this is the only game left i allow myself to play nowadays.

I hope that one day i can contribute back.

Thank you.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

CeeJay89

Post#140 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:28 pm

I understand your guy's frustration. However, you guys have made your point with the opening post. The best solution to this now is for you guys to lock this thread to prevent further frustration to yourselves. You guys are the only ones who are impacted emotionally by this because it's something of personal value to you. The longer you spend dwelling on it, the less time you're investing into your own work and the more frustrated you'll be when doing your own work. Don't give them the satisfaction. The people who enjoy RoR will stay and play RoR; the people who don't will leave.

It's an unfortunate backlash to the community as a whole, but nothing can be done about it at this point. Continue your work that many do appreciate, and make RoR great. Let whatever happens to the other server happen. Don't let it affect you and your goals. Keep going strong! I've enjoyed my time at RoR, and I'll continue playing off and on as I always have.