Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RyanMakara

Re: Theft

Post#21 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:05 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm Well, at least we're exploring the root of the divide, you're under the perception that you've created this game, and others see it differently, and you might not get the sympathy for this code theft that you would expect, judging by your emotional post.
Yeah, what's 5 years of work from nearly the ground up even worth? Surely it's shocking to some to see the team reply as human beings with a passion for this project, how odd that they aren't happy about having their hard, unpaid work stolen ;o

Truly, it boggles the mind...

Ads
darude83
Suspended

Post#22 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm

RyanMakara wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:05 pm
darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm Well, at least we're exploring the root of the divide, you're under the perception that you've created this game, and others see it differently, and you might not get the sympathy for this code theft that you would expect, judging by your emotional post.
Yeah, what's 5 years of work from nearly the ground up even worth? Surely it's shocking to some to see the team reply as human beings with a passion for this project, how odd that they aren't happy about having their hard, unpaid work stolen ;o

I can only again, express my gratitude, but would also invite you to question your motivation behind your work. Isn't it for the love of the game? What would it be like, without the players?

And while you're not being compensated monetarily, you should be gaining very valuable experience on larger scale systems with thousands of voluntary alpha testers.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

dansari

Post#23 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:12 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm Everything in moderation. :) Too much sun isn't great either. Well, at least we're exploring the root of the divide, you're under the perception that you've created this game, and others see it differently, and you might not get the sympathy for this code theft that you would expect, judging by your emotional post.
What? People are passionate about the projects they lead and respond negatively to bad actors? What a concept.

People are missing the point: those people could have started from scratch just like the developers of this server did, but they didn't. They made a choice to steal the work (and it is work) of the coders on this server. You may ask yourself: why make a post about it? I ask myself: who would steal someone else's work?
<Salt Factory>

Hargrim
Developer

Post#24 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:16 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm
RyanMakara wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:05 pm

I can only again, express my gratitude, but would also invite you to question your motivation behind your work. Isn't it for the love of the game? What would it be like, without the players?

And while you're not being compensated monetarily, you should be gaining very valuable experience on larger scale systems with thousands of voluntary alpha testers.

And your questions have nothing to do with the simple fact that work people did for whatever reasons was stolen without their permission. Everyone who joined the project as a player or team member know the rules, even if they were not in form of legally binding NDA or other crap.

I think it would be best to stop playing devils advocate here. Facts are really easy to grasp and there are is no place for alternative facts or witty questions aimed to exposure some hidden truth.

darude83
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:16 pm

dansari wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:12 pm
darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm Everything in moderation. :) Too much sun isn't great either. Well, at least we're exploring the root of the divide, you're under the perception that you've created this game, and others see it differently, and you might not get the sympathy for this code theft that you would expect, judging by your emotional post.
What? People are passionate about the projects they lead and respond negatively to bad actors? What a concept.

People are missing the point: those people could have started from scratch just like the developers of this server did, but they didn't. They made a choice to steal the work (and it is work) of the coders on this server. You may ask yourself: why make a post about it? I ask myself: who would steal someone else's work?
So if we're following your logic, you'd have to accuse the RoR Team, why they didn't rebuild the warhammer client from the ground up, designed their own graphics, classes, etc?
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#26 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Pretty low to steal the work of volunteers. I had heard something about this in game and actually assumed it was a scam. Can only be bad for the community. Both servers will now have low playerbases, etc.

Amusing that darude is ranting about authoritarianism and yet is not banned yet :p
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#27 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:20 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:16 pm
dansari wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:12 pm

So if we're following your logic, you'd have to accuse the RoR Team, why they didn't rebuild the warhammer client from the ground up, designed their own graphics, classes, etc?

And this question is also unrelated to the issue at hand.

Nirawen

Post#28 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Ah you are human ... we doubt at times seen how we are sent **** and as soon as an answer does not fit on the forum ...
you do what you want especially on class changes without worrying about the rest.

The balance you bring is your balance ... what you think is good is not necessarily.

So yes those who did this are idiots, but recruit by you ... like what you can wrong.

So now let's go ahead all together, listen to the players, stop sending them **** and ROR will be fine! If not, the server may see its population drop

Yes you did a lot of work, keep going!

Sorry for my english

Ads
DokB

Post#29 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 pm

Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ezella

Post#30 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:25 pm

i'm really sorry for all of you who have put so much passion and years of hard work into this project. i'm sure the vast majority, me included, still appreciates what you are doing and won't let you down. heads up!