Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Avici

Re: Theft

Post#41 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Overall, I see no reason to move to the second server unless I get pemabaned which is unlikely because I've been good lately. I think the server will be exactly that - a small haven for people banned in RoR. Nothing to worry about.

Ads
Tesq

Post#42 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 pm

well for sure is bad, but not that bad if at least player info didn't got stolen luckyly then i get the frustration but look at it from anther perspective the server wont be damages from this, your work actually is in the server (the real one) if that run smooth and fine and accounts are safe you can rest better at least.

Btw should you encourage a password change to avoid problem anyway? is the password change working atm smooth?
Last edited by Tesq on Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dabbart

Post#43 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Lets not forget the fact they are just... Twats. Good thing reality performs Karma Sutra. Y’Know, where life **** you in inventive ways... they’ll get their comeuppance.

Thanks for the repeated confirmation that all user data is secure. I know people will freak before they read the entire thread. I just want to reiterate in general: When online, be smart about the personal info you share, and the login credentials you use.

At the end of the day... I would far prefer to see them try their “own” server Shenanigans than use a DDOS service to shut us down... but they didn’t steal any of my ****.

Even InCels need a place to Waaagh(See; Zaxxed Guild) I’m more upset that the Devs, GM, and everyone else associated with this Project got a kick to the nuts in this. Don’t get discouraged, thousands of us love what you’re all doing.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#44 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 pm well for sure is bad, but not that bad if at least player info didn't got stolen luckyly than is at i get the frustration but look at it from anther perspective the server wont be damages from this, your work actually is in the server (the real one) if that ruin smooth and fine and accounts are safe you can rest better at least.

Btw should you encourage a password change to avoid problem anyway? is the password change working atm smooth?

No need to change your password, other than the standard password policy saying to change it every so often and don't use the same password in more than 1 place. I think password change works as usually so do it at your own risk :).

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#45 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Even InCels need a place to Waaagh(See; Zaxxed Guild)
Spoiler:
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#46 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:58 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 pm
darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:16 pm So if we're following your logic, you'd have to accuse the RoR Team, why they didn't rebuild the warhammer client from the ground up, designed their own graphics, classes, etc?
so you think RoR is stolen project from mythic?
well, that's grey area.
however, this case is not grey.
it's betrayal and theft.
go read the books and grow some senses.
how the hell did you grow up not knowing theft.

and team!
there is a saying : a blessing in disguise.
hope it translated well. I googled it.
like you said it will suck banned ppl. and whiners.
ppl might finally understand how good this server is.

and i hope there is Excommunication in developer world.

RoR Emu is not stolen from mythic, it was build from 0.

Rodek

Post#47 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:59 pm

While there is no doubt this sucks for all of the past and present devs, admins, GMs, I hope that in the future you continue to bring on people as this project evolves. Many of us hope to see the product blossom even further, and it's my hope you continue to find people to help that vision come to fruition.

kolrhil

Post#48 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:00 pm

See the good point :The real players stay the bads leave.

Most of us are just happy to play ,i remember the first time i load ROR...Just the music ,It was so gooood :)

Thanks to all the people that are keeping this project alive , you're great

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#49 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Huh, I guess there won't be enough Popcorn to sustain myself with, if more people choose to martyr themselves in this thread.

The concept of time as a shiny in and of itself seems to be worryingly unpopular ~

warislove

Post#50 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:06 pm

:lol: i can already imagine the playerbase there: banned cheaters/exploiters, toxic mofos and ofc the leet pimps