Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hastykrasty

Re: Theft

Post#151 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:47 pm

Sh-t happens, even if it's a game it follows the very same rules of life and human nature.

These things happen also in the industrial world, for example, where patents and industrial secrets are copied/stolen.
However, that's not what determine the success.

They can have stolen all the code they want, but they don't have the know-how that YOU have, the ROR team. You know how to "deal" with the code and how to handle a server, and this isn't something that you find right on the street (to use an euphemism).
Let them (whoever copied your code) try...and fail.

So, don't be bothered by this, but look and go on, because such behaviours are not worth of a word, only blame and compassion.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Ads
Fey

Post#152 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 am

Any new server will have a hell of a time building a similar player base. Thank you devs for your dedication and hard work.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Luuca

Post#153 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:27 am

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm Even InCels need a place to Waaagh(See; Zaxxed Guild) I’m more upset that the Devs, GM, and everyone else associated with this Project got a kick to the nuts in this. Don’t get discouraged, thousands of us love what you’re all doing.
It strikes me as odd that, on a post wherein the Dev team touts the bans of racisim, sexism, and general douchebaggery to be a bannable offence, a player can deride and entire guild with a derogatory term like InCels and not be called out for this action.

For the uninitiated, like myself, the term means the following;
Urban Dictionary wrote: incel
aka "involuntarily celibate", a person (usually male) who has a horrible personality and treats women like sexual objects and thinks his lack of a sex life comes from being "ugly" when its really just his blatant sexism and terrible attitude. incels have little to no self awareness; even when they see other "ugly" men with girlfriends, they consider these men to be tricksters who have somehow beat the system and can get women despite being cursed with unattractiveness (in other words, they are respectful to women and women are attracted to their personalities, but incels cant comprehend such a phenomenon). they believe that women owe them sex, and many of the more extreme incels like to spend time in incel communities on the internet coming up with ways to make women have sex with them (often involving genocide of people of color, genocide of "Chads" (men who have sex), taking rights away from women, :| them, having sex with women's dead bodies, and other horrid, disgusting things. they cant understand that that is PRECISELY why women want nothing to do with them).
I know this thread is not about player harassment, but I feel as if this type of forums harassment should not go unpunished. Look, I'm no angel, and I have been "to the moon" and am currently under a forums warning for a satirical piece on the recent AM changes, but just because the slander is presented in modern and uncommon vernacular should not mean it goes unpunished.

Sucks that this happened with the code, and I agree with the Devs on their points, but this kind of crap has to be stopped as well.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#154 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:12 am

Luuca wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:27 am
Dabbart wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm Even InCels need a place to Waaagh(See; Zaxxed Guild) I’m more upset that the Devs, GM, and everyone else associated with this Project got a kick to the nuts in this. Don’t get discouraged, thousands of us love what you’re all doing.
It strikes me as odd that, on a post wherein the Dev team touts the bans of racisim, sexism, and general douchebaggery to be a bannable offence, a player can deride and entire guild with a derogatory term like InCels and not be called out for this action.

aka "involuntarily celibate", a person (usually male) who has a horrible personality and treats women like sexual objects and thinks his lack of a sex life comes from being "ugly" when its really just his blatant sexism and terrible attitude. incels have little to no self awareness; even when they see other "ugly" men with girlfriends, they consider these men to be tricksters who have somehow beat the system and can get women despite being cursed with unattractiveness (in other words, they are respectful to women and women are attracted to their personalities, but incels cant comprehend such a phenomenon). they believe that women owe them sex, and many of the more extreme incels like to spend time in incel communities on the internet coming up with ways to make women have sex with them (often involving genocide of people of color, genocide of "Chads" (men who have sex), taking rights away from women, :| them, having sex with women's dead bodies, and other horrid, disgusting things. they cant understand that that is PRECISELY why women want nothing to do with them).
I know this thread is not about player harassment, but I feel as if this type of forums harassment should not go unpunished. Look, I'm no angel, and I have been "to the moon" and am currently under a forums warning for a satirical piece on the recent AM changes, but just because the slander is presented in modern and uncommon vernacular should not mean it goes unpunished.

Sucks that this happened with the code, and I agree with the Devs on their points, but this kind of crap has to be stopped as well.
Lol wait, was Dabbart being serious? I thought he was Zaxxs buddy.

Has the meme train passed me by?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Darks63

Post#155 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 am

It sucks you were betrayed and all, but if their intent is to remake the dumpster fire that was 1.48 with the hidden levels and OP gear that server is DoA.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Luuca

Post#156 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:58 am

GodlessCrom wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:12 am
Spoiler:
Luuca wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:27 am

Lol wait, was Dabbart being serious? I thought he was Zaxxs buddy.

Has the meme train passed me by?
If he had called the RoR Dev team, in its entirety, InCels, what would the reaction have been?

It's one thing to joke around on a Discord server wherein the banter is between friends (frenemies), it's an entirely different thing to call out and accuse an entire guild and all its members of this level of horrid disgusting things. Painting Zaxxed Guild with this brush in a public forum should have consequences.

Dabbart

Post#157 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:01 am

Spoiler:
*reminds Luuca that Dabbart has 2 toons in the Zaxxed guild, and plays with Zaxxond all the damned time"

Edit: apparently, I got kicked from the guild. hehehe.

Feel free to PM me if you have an issue Luuca. It's not like we aren't in the same Discord channels either... Or PM a GM. Naming/shaming and arguing for a Ban feels like Forum Harrasment to me. The Zaxxed portion of that was obviously a joke. The same joke I drop all the damned time(zaxxond sucks, love watching Zaxxond die, Zaxxed is filled with lady-men, etc.) As Zaxx tosses them back at me as well. We're buddies, trolling each other is kinda our thing.

Why So Salty? Is this one of those, "if the glove fits..." moments in life? You can't tell me you haven't bantered with guilds/players... Don't go all Safe Space on us now.
Last edited by Dabbart on Wed May 23, 2018 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Luuca

Post#158 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:05 am

Dabbart wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:01 am
Spoiler:
*reminds Luuca that Dabbart has 2 toons in the Zaxxed guild, and plays with Zaxxond all the damned time"

Feel free to PM me if you have an issue Luuca. It's not like we aren't in the same Discord channels either... Or PM a GM. Naming/shaming and arguing for a Ban feels like Forum Harrasment to me. The Zaxxed portion of that was obviously a joke. The same joke I drop all the damned time(zaxxond sucks, love watching Zaxxond die, Zaxxed is filled with lady-men, etc.) As Zaxx tosses them back at me as well. We're buddies, trolling each other is kinda our thing.

Why So Salty? Is this one of those, "if the glove fits..." moments in life? You can't tell me you haven't bantered with guilds/players... Don't go all Safe Space on us now.
Not any more.

Ads
zabis

Post#159 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:29 am

And what shall the next topic of discussion be?
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Jaycub

Post#160 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 am

Spoiler:
You guys had the monopoly on WAR servers for so long, but utterly pissed it away. Az completely mismanaged the whole situation going crazy with class and RvR balance while waiting for londo or whoever to finish key items for getting forts/cities done.

Az was at least a reasonable person, but in writing the server's rules he did not at all account for people who would abuse them. The "don't be a ****" rule is such a joke it's not even funny. It's so open to interpretation that if someone wanted to trap someone in that they could. If github was the GM online the rules were different, or if torq was online the rules again were different.

Az also set up the stupid idea that the staff was elevated completely above the players as gods and we were just 3rd class citizens. Of course you get people after Az left that were complete power junkies and just used this as an excuse to turn WAR into their personal world. This was Az's project and he **** cratered it plain and simple.

WAR isn't some D&D weekly meetup, it's an MMO that requires a huge playerbase in order to function, but RoR was and is still being run like a small ingroup with randos just being allowed to great privileged of playing on their server. No one want's that feeling. And the cherry on top of all of this is that RoR is really at this point a "custom server" deviating so far from live it's almost unrecognizable. Not as much as say a naruto shippuden WoW RP server but enough to turn a lot of people off from it.

Content post Az leaving also really dried up, maybe I and others would of put up with the feeling of being a 3rd class citizen on the server if it got real content updates that made sense or progressed towards finishing the content from live.

I don't know what to say other than you created an environment where hundreds of players are excited for a server being ran by who knows probably using stolen source and regardless of the level of content it is attractive to them based solely on the fact that the staff at RoR is NOT running it. God forbid this server get's real content like cities or endgame dungeons pushed out faster than you guys.

This competition is the best thing that could of possibly happened to the playerbase as a whole. I understand the amount of work a lot of people still around on RoR put it, but you guys in my eyes at least really blew it and it's time to lie in the bed you made.
I don't recall this being an open forum to piss on staff. Take your babyrage elsewhere.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>