Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Londo

Re: Theft

Post#121 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:54 pm

I am quite disgusted at what has happened. A lot of hard work went into creating RoR by volunteers. I personally spent last 4.5 years on piecing together how original game worked and sharing knowledge with the team.

Thief did not get everything. Client has been recently unlocked to allow adding of new abilities, weapons, zones, models, etc.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#122 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Londo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:54 pm I am quite disgusted at what has happened. A lot of hard work went into creating RoR by volunteers. I personally spent last 4.5 years on piecing together how original game worked and sharing knowledge with the team.

Thief did not get everything. Client has been recently unlocked to allow adding of new abilities, weapons, zones, models, etc.
Yes we keep trying to discover thing , hopefully lots have not been stolen
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Harkanor

Post#123 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Avici wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:52 pm
Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm
Secrets wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm It is one thing to preserve a game that no longer exists
Lots of valid points but part in quote is questionable. With all the imposed and simply not needed class changes it stopped to feel like "preserving WAR" a while back. To many it feels like game is being warped into something different. Tweaks are understandable, but thing like making ranged class into leading melee class (last two 6vs6 events two order teams out of ten didnt run ASW) and other unwanted changes create discontent in playerbase. Additionally every concern about those changes is met with rude responses or flat out threats of banning ppl who dare to speak up.
Not defending new server in any way, but stuff like that happen for a reason. Maybe RoR dev team should take a closer look into own ranks and evaluate if every team member behaves with at least modicum respect towards playerbase and if implemented changes are not too drastic and if game balance really needs them.
If those issues above wouldnt be real, nobody would ever bother making new server and nobody would be interested in playing there. Its the disregard of playerbase shown by certain RoR staff members that creates demand and supply for new options.
Just "preserving" the game will make the people bored and fed up. A theme park MMO like WAR needs constant new stuff to keep people playing.
Leave them time to work on it.

Elftwin95

Post#124 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:06 pm

I could not care less for these assholes "Server" I logged in 3 years ago on this one, and this is where I will stay until the very end. Thank you, Devs for allowing me to experiance the wonderful world of Warhammer RoR!! :D
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Avici

Post#125 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Harkanor wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:04 pm
Avici wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:52 pm
Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Lots of valid points but part in quote is questionable. With all the imposed and simply not needed class changes it stopped to feel like "preserving WAR" a while back. To many it feels like game is being warped into something different. Tweaks are understandable, but thing like making ranged class into leading melee class (last two 6vs6 events two order teams out of ten didnt run ASW) and other unwanted changes create discontent in playerbase. Additionally every concern about those changes is met with rude responses or flat out threats of banning ppl who dare to speak up.
Not defending new server in any way, but stuff like that happen for a reason. Maybe RoR dev team should take a closer look into own ranks and evaluate if every team member behaves with at least modicum respect towards playerbase and if implemented changes are not too drastic and if game balance really needs them.
If those issues above wouldnt be real, nobody would ever bother making new server and nobody would be interested in playing there. Its the disregard of playerbase shown by certain RoR staff members that creates demand and supply for new options.
Just "preserving" the game will make the people bored and fed up. A theme park MMO like WAR needs constant new stuff to keep people playing.
Leave them time to work on it.
I don't agree with all changes the devs make, but I think it's better than stagnation that we had when EA ruled the house. I don't know why do some people would better see the game as an untouchable museum. Change is life.:)

Grulo

Post#126 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Sucks to read this, i know how much time/effort/PASSION some of the staff members have for this project and the Warhammer Fantasy IP.

Akalukz

Post#127 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:38 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:12 pm
Spoiler:
Epo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:54 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Let say Ror is a car. To build this car we had the noise made by the engine (packets) and a photogrphy (client). Thats all.
But you still need the car body (the aesthetic) which is the IP, which is what people are trying to put across. As there is no legal right to it.

Wrong. No need of the client to dev the server. But obviouly without a client a server become pointless... You could run the server without possessing the client. Where is the IP infringement then? But i see your point and we admit this project is placed in a grey area. As you can see, we don't use GW illustrations anymore, there is no mention of WARHAMMER anywhere to avoid any kind of confusion, we have a About page who explain CLEARLY our purpose and origins... and since 5 years, no one from GW has come here asking us to stop, even this project is well known by their side.
Sent you a private message.
-= Agony =-

nalgol
Developer

Post#128 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:46 pm

heygamers wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:16 pm Claiming theft as if the code you are sitting on is even 1/10th your own doing is so **** dishonest it's unbelievable. Az and Londo did ALL of the coding work on this server, you guys have done absolutely nothing since they left besides your custom server events and class balancing.
that feels so sad that noone knows what i did for the server i just spend 2 years 4 hours a day basicly to work out packets all kinds of features from the basic class mechanics, crafting, gold chests, keep captures, sige weapons, spawn clean up, pq system up to the dungeon system 50000 lines of code was written by me i was there when the server was here day 1 with crasy overspawns no working combat basicly nothing at all i wrote the first combat code where armor finaly worked where you could block parry stealth all that was done by me
i had fun doing that it was like a puzzel where every pice you place makes the whole thing more compleat

we had reasons why the server code is not open source its not many casue it is our work
but war has a very limmited player base dividing that playerbase to 10 other server would be the death of war who would want to play on a server with 100 ppl on where scs dont pop you cant find groups for dungeons or just wander around in empty rvr areas
noone would want that

and then you get accused to be shitty devs on some forums thats a bit hartbreking sometimes
i never banned anyone well i didnt even played the live server mutch in this 2 years i dont even have a lvl 40 char yet after 4 years im with this project

Ads
Skraldesovs

Post#129 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Bitches...make me wanna code this game even harder, and better :P

Iskra

Post#130 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:52 pm

If you balanced i wait here