Recent Topics

Ads

Reintroductions and reflections.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Marawo

Re: Reintroductions and reflections.

Post#131 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:46 pm

Question:
Are people allowed to create a "ban appeal account" solely for the purpose of creating a thread in ban appeals or to contact azarael, if they are banned from forum use (the ban appeal forum as well)?
Asking for a friend.

(pls no discussion from non staff about this question, the person in question needs some sort of clarification)

Tyvm for fast response.
Last edited by Marawo on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Azarael

Post#132 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 pm

If you're banned from the forums, mail me at ror-appeal-temp [at] outlook [dot] com with details of the ban.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#133 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Darosh wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:53 pm
Kragg wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:07 pm This presents a very one-sided take on the whole issue tho. Highlighted some parts in your reply what could be said is just as big a part of the current problems as the problems you bring forth. Your contribution stating how team members turned in to ignorant people is not very helpfull. You could consider why the dev teams reacts in such a way and how that developed over the years.

Just my two coppers.
One-sided? Do you care to give your two cents about what could possibly lead devs to 'accidently' issuing a IP ban stating 'Just a cancer.' as reason, reverting it and brushing it off as a casual and innocent mistake ~ with Hargrim admitting to it being part of casual internal communication to regard players as 'cancer' and, evidently, playing with the thought of IP banning at random (without any actual breach of rules or alike being committed by those hit)?
I figure Natherul managed to revert it just in time to prevent a justified shitstorm.

I for one happened to try and check the forums during work hours to find myself banned alongside gawd knows howany others ~ many of them likely unaware of any of this happening or just blissfully ignorant about it.
I wonder whether the thread is still around that very, very briefly covered the incident.

I am thrilled to read your take on it.

Cry me a river. You want a formal apology or what exactly? Or just stirring some excrement, because why not?

Azarael

Post#134 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:04 pm

His concern is that it's a trend to refer to players, in general, as "cancer" internally. Nothing that has been said so far seems to have dismissed that.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#135 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:09 pm

And I'm sure team members are called same or worst on this very forums and in other places. So?

Also lets guess from where this hostility comes in the first place. Or maybe post the nice post the 'cancer' message was a reply to, so we have whole picture.

Azarael

Post#136 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm sure they have. But if you put two and two together here, you'll realize that the players demonstrating concern here never did anything to you/us. If I were in their place, I would be thinking: when the devs use the word "cancer" internally, is this part of the same attitude by which they treat the community at large badly? By which feedback is shut down? I assume you can see how that projects a terrible image.

The simple fact is that different standards apply to us. Our reputation and the wellbeing of the project are linked. There's no point dropping to the level of the people who don't like us and aren't afraid to show it.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#137 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:18 pm

And all that doesn't really change my initial question - what is the player that started this glorious topic looking for?

Gravord

Post#138 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:25 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:04 pm His concern is that it's a trend to refer to players, in general, as "cancer" internally. Nothing that has been said so far seems to have dismissed that.
Out of curiosity, who does actually have power to remove RoR staff members?

Ads
Jail

Post#139 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:26 pm

Gravord wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:25 pm
Azarael wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:04 pm His concern is that it's a trend to refer to players, in general, as "cancer" internally. Nothing that has been said so far seems to have dismissed that.
Out of curiosity, who does actually have power to remove RoR staff members?
I guess that would be a Head GM?

Azarael

Post#140 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Hargrim wrote:And all that doesn't really change my initial question - what is the player that started this glorious topic looking for?
Possibly an answer that doesn't tell him to "cry him a river" and accuse him of stirring up **** simply because he's concerned that a culture might exist where some members of the team refer to the players in general as cancer. I'm not sure how much I have to spell this out to you - the perception is that some on the team see players as some kind of commodity, as objects rather than people.

We are here, right now, because people screwed it up. I'm one of them. I assume you have the awareness to know that you, too, are implicated - you have a reputation for being a captain of snark.
various wrote:removal of staff
Usually, the leads. In the case of a lead, there is no precedent.