Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Xumae

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#61 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:07 am

Arteker616 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:31 am u guys always talk about power crep but i think u understimate how it affect people,
players wanna feel progression and more and more powerfull characters , they put alot of time and effort to achieve that , it help them on form of RR and gear adventage.

it happened always on all mmos and games. and will keep happening, because there will be always people who put more time and effort than opthers, and they for sure will not be happy about the changes wich are inbound.
Onslaught and red eye fiasco are there and should learn of it.

i understand modern gamers always will QQ about the effort it takes to gear up, hell u just can go forums and read the qqers of people claiming about how hard is to lvl up and than u guys try to please everyone, but the conqueror dominator nerf is a big kick on the jowls to people wich busted his balls gearing up.
yep couldnt agree more! oldschool mmos were fun because the guys who put in the work for the best gear owned. its how it should be, gives you something to work for. but everones a big baby in modern gaming sadlym and the idea of a guy who put in the work for the best gear being more powerful than a guy who barely plays is too crazy for 2018 gamers. sad times
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#62 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:15 am

Speaking of corrections, here's the BG set, torqueified:

naugrim

Post#63 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:19 am

There will be an unlock in tok for completing new armor set?

Alandrian

Post#64 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:46 am

The appearance of this new gear is just ugly, like the chars are covered in hospital overalls. I don't think cyan is the right colour. ;)

Eathisword

Post#65 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:04 am

Just want to make a couple of points

1- This gear has been worked on from way before AzaTorquegate. I know, because a bunch of community members, myself included, have worked on this gear set since the beginning of august and before. So it is not a blindfold to make anyone forget anything about the recent events.

2- Dom/Conq adjustment... is a freaking simple concept. The procs are too good. No amount of set mix and matches compare to the sheer power these proc convey. Removing/changing them makes lesser sets more competitive and future sets more desirable. Simply put : theses procs were a mistake in the first place. Removing them and adjusting the gear is a correction to that mistake. That is how i see it anyway.

3- The look of the gear was a pita for Norkalli to achieve. The cool skins we all want and love are probably already reserved for Invader, warlord, sovereign, tyrant, Darkpromise, etc. To create brand new armor sets... means the guy probably sniffed through every single pieces in the database that are still free to use and rearranged them in a way that still looks like something. Don't **** cry on it... alternate appearance is still a thing.

Peace.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Wiede

Post#66 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:16 am

The wine is strong in this thread.

With new gear your actual gear becomes "worthless" when you're min/maxing.
You will not have all the best gear on release date.
You can't have insta lvl40 and rr70.

Wtf is wrong with you this is a MMO and not some kind of battle royale or MOBA.

All together good changes especially with balance in mind allthough the sets rly look like t1 and some conq procs will be hard to replace. But lets wait for more stat info.

Also i think most negative comments could have been avoided with use of another coloring :D
Last edited by Wiede on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Telperien

Post#67 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:17 am

catholicism198 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:06 am
geezereur wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:24 am Can you plz lower the scenario gear price a little this time?
1 emblem each loss and 6-7 each win take way to long time compare to how long time it takes to get rvr gear. Just to balance it out a bit.
...or better yet, not require that people play SCs to get gear for their preferred play style.

SCs are so boring.
oRVR is where the fun is to be had.
Its a matter of opions, cause I find scs more exciting than some RvR periods.
Also, scs are something u can do from everywhere and anytime for as little as 1 hr log time, what can u do in RvR if u can log for 1hr? Go on BO and afk?:)
Besides, discussing powercreeps, stats and nerfs without seeing the new set is more than pointless.
Question to devs:
Whats the set progression now after this new set released? Vanquisher is a new set placed between conq and invader? Wasnt invader a 55rr set? Have you got roadmap for future releases? i`m not asking for dates, just for sequence of sets in future.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#68 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 am

The overpricfed scenario gear means destro will increase there dominance as order win about 5 percent of t4 scenarios havent checked how this armour is obtained if it is by emblems forget it. if it is by a stupid high amount of medallions then that is another non event.

Ads
Wiede

Post#69 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:13 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 am The overpricfed scenario gear means destro will increase there dominance as order win about 5 percent of t4 scenarios havent checked how this armour is obtained if it is by emblems forget it. if it is by a stupid high amount of medallions then that is another non event.
So this could be a reason to decrease the gap of setpowers by nerfing conq and adding just a few stats to new sets?

Danord
Suspended

Post#70 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:27 am

Valarion wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:58 am Would like to see the currency changed to Bind on account, so you could at least transfer this to alts. Conversion to/from meds to emblems would be nice too.
This ty ;)