Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
OgiWanBG

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#141 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:26 am

2 questions:
1. Why Vanquisher and not Invader set ?
2. As other ppl said will we be able to convert medals/emblems into Conq?

Thanks,
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#142 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am

Zxul wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 pm[…]my magus Llell- 2 weeks or so from lvl 1 to rr 50+ in Dom and BL, with Gutslime/Subj staffs in bank (and that includes time spend to get 200 butchering/apt, 2 epic quests finished, ets). Full Annil/Merc should be waiting in your backpack for lvl 35, unless you afk the game pretty much.[...]
First of all congrats for that, but I guess ppl complaining about grinding won't even be convinced by this example.

There's actually two factors that will help getting good gear "fast": Time and effort. Both together makes it easier though.

See, in my opinion the time to get a setup like what Llell posted isn't hard either, although the time he invested is 154 hours of playtime, so if one can do this within two weeks, that's an edge example, but it still shows his investment.

For the casual player - and many of the ppl complaining here are this kind I guess - this means it will take like 2 months, based on 2-3 hours playing per day to get there. Sounds a bit longer/harder in this context, yes, but it's still a timeframe where you have a mix+match with some parts of BiS gear (and Domi is harder than Conq) what I would consider appropriate.

And for the record: I'm a casual player, too. Yes, I'm in a guild. Yes, I play on a regular basis, that makes it easier and quicker. But still I'll need like 2 months for it.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#143 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:22 am

RuffRyder wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am First of all congrats for that, but I guess ppl complaining about grinding won't even be convinced by this example.

There's actually two factors that will help getting good gear "fast": Time and effort. Both together makes it easier though.

See, in my opinion the time to get a setup like what Llell posted isn't hard either, although the time he invested is 154 hours of playtime, so if one can do this within two weeks, that's an edge example, but it still shows his investment.

For the casual player - and many of the ppl complaining here are this kind I guess - this means it will take like 2 months, based on 2-3 hours playing per day to get there. Sounds a bit longer/harder in this context, yes, but it's still a timeframe where you have a mix+match with some parts of BiS gear (and Domi is harder than Conq) what I would consider appropriate.

And for the record: I'm a casual player, too. Yes, I'm in a guild. Yes, I play on a regular basis, that makes it easier and quicker. But still I'll need like 2 months for it.

How many gold bags do you usually get per week of play?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#144 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:24 am

OgiWanBG wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:26 am 2 questions:
1. Why Vanquisher and not Invader set ?
2. As other ppl said will we be able to convert medals/emblems into Conq?

Thanks,

1. Because this set is for people with Renown Rank 55 and Invader will be for RR60. Also, we want Invader to be obtained during Fort sieges.
2. Yes, mostly because this currency will be available for and from players that already are Renown Rank 50.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#145 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 am

kmark101 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 am I have a large problem with this kind of progression: if the new sets are only slightly slightly better, then why should I upgrade and spend a gazillion golds again to put talismans into the new set?

There should be a skill or item to pry out talismans from other sets to make this feasible.

Another thing is can you give us another free tab in the vault if there is so much new gear is coming out?

Why should you? Because you like the game and eventually while you play that game you will end up with this set. If the stats on this set will be to your liking you will spend an hour doing Onslaugh PQs to get talismans you want or grind gold from NPCs or crafting stuff for gold.

But if you don't like the game, there is no need to upgrade at all.

RuffRyder

Post#146 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:22 am
Spoiler:
RuffRyder wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am First of all congrats for that, but I guess ppl complaining about grinding won't even be convinced by this example.

How many gold bags do you usually get per week of play?
I'd say 1-2.
With my current Engi I got 2 doubles and bought the last 2 parts with Medaillons. Quite OK.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Dajciekrwi

Post#147 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:37 am

ToXoS wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:49 pm Most of these armors look meh. Like, T2 level of meh.
Some are nice, like Shaman, Marauder, Choppa or WE.
The SH one doesn't seem to have gloves or chest.
Order ones are the worst IMO, but that is the case for all armor sets so it's ok.
I must agree with Toxos, is any chance to rework a marauder chestpiece for example?
He looks like drunken Chosen, who sell parts of his armour and robbed the village beggar, to cover naked ass. Its look funnily XD
Can we just give him some chest like t1 chosen? Helmet , shoulder and such soild chest will have one united stylization.
And Black Orc -looks like poor cousin of Warboss.
We can wait to some real imposing apperance, i think.

Ninjagon

Post#148 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 am

Those are a good changes.
Remember, the best leaders always looks forward, to the future. You can imagine, what awaits us in this PvP oriented game. Can't wait! 8-)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#149 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:17 am

[/quote]

3) I don't know why people would complain about appearance when you can change the items appearance.

Thank you

Belannaris RR52
Elthanion RR49
Aranythe RR31
[/quote]

Looks like y playing on three characters, so y should understand that this appearance item are to to much to use. Y can see most all tome in prime time EU a clones of clones of clones. So y the look should be changed for son new.

normanis

Post#150 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:02 am

will remaked conqueror armor be like they where in live? like this https://gaarawarrgabs.wordpress.com/200 ... ts-in-war/
Slayer

(2 Piece Bonus): +66 Strength

(3 Piece Bonus): +344 Corporeal Resistance

(4 Piece Bonus): +66 Wounds

(5 Piece Bonus): +5 Reduced Chance to be Parried

(6 Piece Bonus): Preservation – On Being Hit: 10% chance to increase Wounds by 80 for 20 seconds.
and ironbreaker
(2 Piece Bonus): +344 Corporeal Resistance

(3 Piece Bonus): +66 Strength

(4 Piece Bonus): +66 Wounds

(5 Piece Bonus): +5 Parry

(6 Piece Bonus): Mending – On Being Hit: 10% chance to recover X health.
Engineer

(2 Piece Bonus): +66 Ballistic Skill

(3 Piece Bonus): +66 Initiative

(4 Piece Bonus): +66 Toughness

(5 Piece Bonus): +5 Ranged Critical Chance

(6 Piece Bonus): Reactionary – On Being Hit: 25% chance to increase Parry, Evade and Disrupt by 10% for 10 seconds.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"