Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
SmackdownNinja

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#31 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:52 pm

aa91837 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:46 pm >population of this server is sinking more and more
>what do?
>release new gear grind

they actually thinks they gonna make it ? :)
Adding any new content is good for a game, especially an MMO. There just going about it the wrong way tbh
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ads
Hat

Post#32 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:54 pm

While it's nice to have some new RVR gear, the new gear honestly looks like it is T2 gear or something, it does not look 'endgame' in the slightest. IMO the worst offender of this is the magus who looks like he is wearing the rvr gear you get in T1.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#33 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:56 pm

I think its a good idea that we get slightly stronger and stronger but PLEASE give us atleast items that look like lvl 20 and not lvl 10 :/

peterthepan3

Post#34 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:57 pm

geraldtarrant wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 pm
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm
SmackdownNinja wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 pm So the conqueror and dominator sets are getting nerfed? An odd way to go about things to say the least.
Conq/Dom will be receiving a "correction" in order to scale them with the current and future gear sets, which will prevent gear gap disparities and provide a gradual, but measured progression as time is spent, renown is gained and gear acquired.
Correction? You dont want to use word nerf? Becouse reducing something is nothing else than nerf.
And unless you nerf it to level of annihilator, what would be totaly unfair, introducing additional set, becouse you want to cover mob bad feelings about this server, will crush balance of sets in rr80 environment in long term. Adding just one atm is just allowing doomflayer power level to exist in future. And i remember everyone in the staff was tryiong to avoid introducing doom/warp.
Very bad move from my pov.
The gear would've been released regardless of recent events. I'm sorry but it is an affront to the work committed by Nork and others to suggest that this was done so as to alleviate tensions: this gear has been worked on by a number of people over the course of a few months.

Dominator/Conqueror is overperforming in certain aspects when compared to previous sets of gear, which left somewhat of a dilemma: do we a) make subsequent gear sets even stronger than dominator in current iteration, and result in more of a power creep (Dominator Aggravation/Conq Marked being abilities that would simply have had to have been copy-pasted into new sets - otherwise they wouldn't be taken off); b) fine-tune existing Conq/Dom (not nerf into oblivion as some of you think), so as to make the transitions between different gear sets smoother and negate the risk of power creep.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kretschmer

Post#35 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Thank u Norkalli. Good job.
I like shammy (dat git rockz), we, chopa, Borc, knight. Nice elements were on each tank class.
Unusual colours added some exotic feel.
Ror idea of gear progression seems better th LIve.
Its been very loooong wait since conq/domi release...
Hope new set it will be just +1 , lil bit of proc, armor value or anything better th current conq/domi.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#36 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:58 pm

geraldtarrant wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 pm
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm
SmackdownNinja wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 pm So the conqueror and dominator sets are getting nerfed? An odd way to go about things to say the least.
Conq/Dom will be receiving a "correction" in order to scale them with the current and future gear sets, which will prevent gear gap disparities and provide a gradual, but measured progression as time is spent, renown is gained and gear acquired.
Correction? You dont want to use word nerf? Becouse reducing something is nothing else than nerf.
And unless you nerf it to level of annihilator, what would be totaly unfair, introducing additional set, becouse you want to cover mob bad feelings about this server, will crush balance of sets in rr80 environment in long term. Adding just one atm is just allowing doomflayer power level to exist in future. And i remember everyone in the staff was tryiong to avoid introducing doom/warp.
Very bad move from my pov.
Where do you get doom/warp from?
From the looks of things and what I read, it will be a gear set comparable to Darkpromice gear that one would get from LV. The fact alone that the most powerful abilities of armor sets now all require 4 or 5 piece use, simply rules out combining armor sets to get the high crit (that I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE) that we had in Live.
Also, and more importantly, how can you make this decision that it will be bad, without seeing the stats for the gear sets?

As for the other negative comments;
Again, How do you know what your final stats will be like without seeing what the new conq/dom stats will be, and without knowing what the new gear set stats will be?

The really Cool looks will most likely be in Warlord/Sov. I would not release those now either. You want to look bad ass, ok I get it. Well that is end game gear. This and everything we have now, and even Invader, is mid level gear, not end game. Hang on to your horses folks.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#37 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:18 pm why release new gear at all if there is no power/stat progression?

This new gear is a progression; Conq/Dom were given a slight boost when implemented (2 years ago?) in order to make them outshine anything else in game at the time, and these new sets will have better stats (albiet slightly) than any other set currently in game.
ToXoS wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 pm So basically the players who have full conqueror now need this new set to have the same level of power that they have now

Players in full conq, on release of new gear, will all be the same power level as each other, albiet with slightly less of a leading edge on those in ruin/merc/anni.

Vl4ddy wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:39 pm I think a better way to do this would be to make the armor set look better because personally I think the new sets are absolutely hideous. And by making them look better with a slight increase to stats... I’m talking like perhaps 3-5 points per stat per piece, it will cause people to want to get them to be the best they can and the real reason for getting them would be to look better. But these t2 style skins are really disappointing.

Thankfully, all gear in game is able to have its appearance customized. We're currently limited to the assets we have on board which were conceptualized, drafted and implemented into the client a decade ago. The iconicTM soveriegn/warpforged appearances are reserved for the respective content; cities and LoTD. Vanquisher/Oppressor will provide a measured and inarguable stat advantage, and the opportunity to customize your characters appearance with gear pieces that were never before available within ror or Age of Reckoning.
aa91837 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:46 pm :)

>complete next gear set
>what do

release it?
Aerogath wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:40 pm Why not something like this ? its not even a real set.....

All this gear is currently in game, except the gloves on the right, the skins on the helmet (there are identical models), and the belt on the right. The belt on the right is in the Vanq/Oppressor set.

Toshutkidup

Post#38 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:07 am

Well, it’s something but I dunno. I will need to see the stats for both Subj/Dom after changes and new Sets. I have 10k Conj medals just doing nothing atm so I hope I can use them for something while I’m grinding away at all new set all over again that will prolly require I’m guessing 5k total to get all 6 pieces of new currency.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#39 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:10 am

New currency is necessary, so people like Toshutkidup aren't fully geared day 1. Buy some potions, dude.

geraldtarrant

Post#40 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:11 am

Nerfing existing sets and introducing new one, "slightly more powerfull" is slap in the face to playerbase and their time spent. Nothing more to add. But i guess thats what shitters get.
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group