Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zxul

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#21 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Guys, remember the RR nerf? How that one turned out? Are you really sure that nerfing current sets, especially now, is a good idea?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#22 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 pm

geraldtarrant wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 pm
Correction? You dont want to use word nerf? Becouse reducing something is nothing else than nerf.
And unless you nerf it to level of annihilator, what would be totaly unfair, introducing additional set, becouse you want to cover mob bad feelings about this server, will crush balance of sets in rr80 environment in long term. Adding just one atm is just allowing doomflayer power level to exist in future. And i remember everyone in the staff was tryiong to avoid introducing doom/warp.
Very bad move from my pov.
For yours and everyone else who should be interested's (IE the entirety of the RoR playerbase) situation awareness, a "correction" is necessary to prevent the debacle experienced in the AoR live setting. As they added more gear to try to desperately hang on to subscribers, they failed to plan in the long run a way to keep the playing field balanced, by adopting a "just add more" approach. This meant that the higher your gear and rank went, the greater the change your stats were from your last upgrade. In order to combat this, RoR has developed a conceptual approach to the issue, by reducing the "power" (raw stats, armor and bonuses) applied to each gear set as they increase in level; such that you feel a bigger difference going from rr40 to rr50, than you will going from rr75 to rr80. The current Conq/Dom pieces are not in line with this methodology, and must be corrected. The corrections inbound will be primarily to non-mainstat stats, and if not announced, would likely go unnoticed by the majority- but I wan't to maintain transparency and assure our playerbase that these changes are being made properly.

Here's a graphical representation of the live problem, the RoR solution and the correction. It took over 9000 hours in MSPaint.

Chaoself

Post#23 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 pm

That "Hospital Blue" should be avaliable in vendors.

ToXoS

Post#24 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 pm

So basically the players who have full conqueror now need this new set to have the same level of power that they have now, AND the vast majority of said sets look awful compared to the current conqueror.
High level new gear should look cooler, and have better stats than what we have now, even if the stats are not THAT much better.
From what I know, AoR didn't lack armor sets with over the top appearances. And I guess these sets are still in the database somewhere, right?
So why are we getting worst appearances (for most classes at least), and a nerf to the current BiS sets?
Just make Vanquisher a little better than Conq stat-wise. And if fresh level 40 players whine about some power-creep (lol), well they can play the game and actually getting the RR and said gear. They just need Anni/Merc/BL to be ok on the battlefield anyway.

Vl4ddy

Post#25 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:39 pm

As I am excited for the new sets, and thankful for the hard work, I don’t necessarily agree with the conq nerf. The new gear should be slightly stronger but not strong enough to notice a difference. It should have slightly better stats. I think a better way to do this would be to make the armor set look better because personally I think the new sets are absolutely hideous. And by making them look better with a slight increase to stats... I’m talking like perhaps 3-5 points per stat per piece, it will cause people to want to get them to be the best they can and the real reason for getting them would be to look better. But these t2 style skins are really disappointing.
While I know you all want to eventually bring back sovreign and warlord style gear as well, my question is, why were invader skins not used for this armor set? Because this is the invader equivenalt to AoR yes?
Thank you for your time.
Sloppynachos, Ronnieraygun, Ronnyraygun, Phungi.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#26 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Why not something like this ? its not even a real set.....

SmackdownNinja

Post#27 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:45 pm

The problem with AoR armor sets is that there were huge jumps in the terms of power and stats between one another. Slightly increasing power/stats for this new gear from current conq/dom stats wouldn’t create that situation. In the end this Is an mmo and you should always feel like your progressing not back tracking.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

aa91837

Post#28 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:46 pm

>population of this server is sinking more and more
>what do?
>release new gear grind

they actually thinks they gonna make it ? :)
Nobody on the broken noob class

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 pm

aa91837 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:46 pm >population of this server is sinking more and more
>what do?
>release new gear grind

Because releasing no new content is a path to prosperity? Ayyyy.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

ToXoS

Post#30 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 pm

aa91837 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:46 pm >population of this server is sinking more and more
>what do?
>release new gear grind

I'm ok with "grinding" new gear, as long as it is better and look better than what we have now.
But this? Come on dev team...