Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
catholicism198

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#51 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:06 am

geezereur wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:24 am Can you plz lower the scenario gear price a little this time?
1 emblem each loss and 6-7 each win take way to long time compare to how long time it takes to get rvr gear. Just to balance it out a bit.
...or better yet, not require that people play SCs to get gear for their preferred play style.

SCs are so boring.
oRVR is where the fun is to be had.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#52 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:13 am

Best marauder hat ever! Where is it from guys?!

SmackdownNinja

Post#53 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:33 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 am
SmackdownNinja wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:18 pm why release new gear at all if there is no power/stat progression?

This new gear is a progression; Conq/Dom were given a slight boost when implemented (2 years ago?) in order to make them outshine anything else in game at the time, and these new sets will have better stats (albiet slightly) than any other set currently in game.
ToXoS wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 pm So basically the players who have full conqueror now need this new set to have the same level of power that they have now

Players in full conq, on release of new gear, will all be the same power level as each other, albiet with slightly less of a leading edge on those in ruin/merc/anni.

Vl4ddy wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:39 pm I think a better way to do this would be to make the armor set look better because personally I think the new sets are absolutely hideous. And by making them look better with a slight increase to stats... I’m talking like perhaps 3-5 points per stat per piece, it will cause people to want to get them to be the best they can and the real reason for getting them would be to look better. But these t2 style skins are really disappointing.

Thankfully, all gear in game is able to have its appearance customized. We're currently limited to the assets we have on board which were conceptualized, drafted and implemented into the client a decade ago. The iconicTM soveriegn/warpforged appearances are reserved for the respective content; cities and LoTD. Vanquisher/Oppressor will provide a measured and inarguable stat advantage, and the opportunity to customize your characters appearance with gear pieces that were never before available within ror or Age of Reckoning.
aa91837 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:46 pm :)

>complete next gear set
>what do

release it?
Aerogath wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:40 pm Why not something like this ? its not even a real set.....

All this gear is currently in game, except the gloves on the right, the skins on the helmet (there are identical models), and the belt on the right. The belt on the right is in the Vanq/Oppressor set.

Ok thank you for clarifying this Nork. I was under the impression that the only reason why conq/dom would be nerfed is due to the new gear being nearly the same. I was just confused because I thought you would want people to be able to rely on conq to be competive with the new gear comming out.

Now the main issue I see is what about future gear sets? Will new gear always have to be refarmed to obtain the same or slightly better stats? I can understand why you guys are doing it due to the power gap that higher tier gear sets bring. But why not change it to make more "Linear". Like instead of how AoR did sets, with each being better then the next, why not release armor set that are in the same "power bracket" but with differnt stats and procs? This was already done to a certain degree with the pve sets, but they were not put in the same power bracket as conq/dom. If they were more comparable to conq/dom im sure the community would have had more interest in them. I mean we have client control now so some interesting gear sets could be put in.

This could give players more options on how to customize their build and not feel like their having things taken away from them. Kinda like how ESO did armor sets. All of them were in the same "Power Bracket", but were made uniqe and could be combined to make interesting builds. In the end this problem will have to be addressed some day, and I think options like these will go down much better with the community. Thanks for taking the time to address some these concerns, it is appreciated.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Xumae

Post#54 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:28 am

Very cool guys cant wait for the new armor
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

kweedko

Post#55 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:30 pm Team created, Community Powered: Renown Rank 55+ Gear. Only on Return of Reckoning.

Coming soon to a vendor near you. Gear up for the next big fight with original content by the community, for the community.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Almost every model you choose for this sets, looks like ****, not like 55 rr :mrgreen:

Arteker616

Post#56 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:31 am

u guys always talk about power crep but i think u understimate how it affect people,
players wanna feel progression and more and more powerfull characters , they put alot of time and effort to achieve that , it help them on form of RR and gear adventage.

it happened always on all mmos and games. and will keep happening, because there will be always people who put more time and effort than opthers, and they for sure will not be happy about the changes wich are inbound.
Onslaught and red eye fiasco are there and should learn of it.

i understand modern gamers always will QQ about the effort it takes to gear up, hell u just can go forums and read the qqers of people claiming about how hard is to lvl up and than u guys try to please everyone, but the conqueror dominator nerf is a big kick on the jowls to people wich busted his balls gearing up.

Arteker616

Post#57 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:33 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 am
geraldtarrant wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:11 am Nerfing existing sets and introducing new one, "slightly more powerfull" is slap to the face to playerbase and their time spent. Nothing more to add. But i guess thats what shitters get.
If Aggravation were not removed from Dominator, every subsequent set ever released would need to have Aggravation.
If Marked were not removed from Conqueror, every subsequent set ever released would need to have Marked.

These procs are irreplaceable.

You do realise this, right? You do realise how this may impede designing of new sets?

PS. This is from the PoV of someone who mains Offtanks.
when u will bring out heymate from the boneyard

Brizio

Post#58 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:35 am

Ok, the blue is ugly haha but i guess you can dye it.

Really nice job, Nork. Good to know you are looking for a sustainable growth of the gear power.

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#59 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:56 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:33 am
Spoiler:
Ok thank you for clarifying this Nork. I was under the impression that the only reason why conq/dom would be nerfed is due to the new gear being nearly the same. I was just confused because I thought you would want people to be able to rely on conq to be competive with the new gear comming out.

Now the main issue I see is what about future gear sets? Will new gear always have to be refarmed to obtain the same or slightly better stats? I can understand why you guys are doing it due to the power gap that higher tier gear sets bring. But why not change it to make more "Linear". Like instead of how AoR did sets, with each being better then the next, why not release armor set that are in the same "power bracket" but with differnt stats and procs? This was already done to a certain degree with the pve sets, but they were not put in the same power bracket as conq/dom. If they were more comparable to conq/dom im sure the community would have had more interest in them. I mean we have client control now so some interesting gear sets could be put in.

This could give players more options on how to customize their build and not feel like their having things taken away from them. Kinda like how ESO did armor sets. All of them were in the same "Power Bracket", but were made uniqe and could be combined to make interesting builds. In the end this problem will have to be addressed some day, and I think options like these will go down much better with the community. Thanks for taking the time to address some these concerns, it is appreciated.
Again, I use the word "correction" because it's exactly that. The current stat allocation and armor values as well as Marked and Aggravation procs are so powerful they are not in line with the RoR design philosophy. The actual reduction hasn't been publicized as it hasn't been lead approved, and is not ready to push to live- ideally the correction will get pushed either the same day the new gear drops, or soon after.

In terms of gear "brackets"- you are on point. The intention is to have ~3 options from four sources of gear sets per ~10 levels, with some fillers in between to allow for variety: Scenarios, oRvR, Dungeons and PQ's/PvE. As renown progression is monitored, so will speed of gear acquisition in order to make a smooth path, where you're simultaneously gaining renown in conjunction with earning and equipping gear for that level you just reached. The BiS set at any time, from here forward will not be substantially better than the gear previously, but a controlled and concise 'power' increase in accordance with our 'creep control' intent.

If you have any questions in regards to what I've explained in this thread, feel free to message me on discord and I'll happily go into further detail, but the graphs I constructed although not precise and lacking data points, are accurate and, in my opinion, conceptually sound.
Last edited by NoRKaLKiLLa on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#60 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:03 am

Arteker616 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:31 am
Spoiler:
u guys always talk about power crep but i think u understimate how it affect people,
players wanna feel progression and more and more powerfull characters , they put alot of time and effort to achieve that , it help them on form of RR and gear adventage.

it happened always on all mmos and games. and will keep happening, because there will be always people who put more time and effort than opthers, and they for sure will not be happy about the changes wich are inbound.
Onslaught and red eye fiasco are there and should learn of it.

i understand modern gamers always will QQ about the effort it takes to gear up, hell u just can go forums and read the qqers of people claiming about how hard is to lvl up and than u guys try to please everyone, but the conqueror dominator nerf is a big kick on the jowls to people wich busted his balls gearing up.
Currently, gear disparities between rr40 and rr80 players is not out of control, and we intend on keeping that way. Individual player skill and ability to function as a team is and should always determine the outcome of a fight- with gear providing a measured and practical advantage. The days of a fights outcome being determined before the first ability is fired is long gone.