Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Smellybelly
Posts: 197

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#101 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Guys and girls, ladies and gentleman. Conq and dom gear was overperforming by a large margin. The 5 piece procs are super strong for many classes.
One of the core problems with the live version of Reckoning was the very intense powercreep. The powers that be try to limit the powercreep here and that is a very very good thing. We dont want people in devastator against people in warpforged superman armor, its never fun. So swallow the slight nerf to our current gear, it affects everyone equally so it doesnt really matter any way.
Just my 2 cents
Image
Swaggaton~Swagwut~Throatripper~SuperSalty~Swagwald

<3 FUSION 3>

Ads
Avici
Posts: 66

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#102 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Smellybelly wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:13 pm
Guys and girls, ladies and gentleman. Conq and dom gear was overperforming by a large margin. The 5 piece procs are super strong for many classes.
One of the core problems with the live version of Reckoning was the very intense powercreep. The powers that be try to limit the powercreep here and that is a very very good thing. We dont want people in devastator against people in warpforged superman armor, its never fun. So swallow the slight nerf to our current gear, it affects everyone equally so it doesnt really matter any way.
Just my 2 cents
But we want people to spend months grinding mediocre sets that are just nominally better than the previous rr sets?

Foomy44
Posts: 498

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#103 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Avici wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm
We spend a lot, a LOT of time and effort grinding this high level gear to get... What... +3 wounds and + 5 int ?
To get entertained? Isn't that usually why people invest their time into gaming? Or do you REALLY need to be able to kill some lowbies slightly faster to make all your time seem worth it? I've played a lot of chess and I'm still using all my starter pieces and going up against people with the exact same setup as me, never occurred to me to argue I should have a bigger advantage because of all my time invested.
Current Loves: Chompy 74, ShroomStew 70
Retired 40+ Destro: TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, Doomshadow, DoomDisk, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Retired 40+ Order: CatNap, Shadeling, StormWall, Bangman

Avici
Posts: 66

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#104 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Foomy44 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 pm
Avici wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm
We spend a lot, a LOT of time and effort grinding this high level gear to get... What... +3 wounds and + 5 int ?
To get entertained? Isn't that usually why people invest their time into gaming? Or do you REALLY need to be able to kill some lowbies slightly faster to make all your time seem worth it? I've played a lot of chess and I'm still using all my starter pieces and going up against people with the exact same setup as me, never occurred to me to argue I should have a bigger advantage because of all my time invested.
This is WAR. You have to get much stronger as the game progresses, both lore-wise and gameplay wise. Nobody cares about your fancy dresses and titles or your "prestige". The only thing that matters is how good you at killing stuff, or not being killed by stuff. Because this is ALL the game about. Killing things and survive being killed. There is nothing else to do.

User avatar
kweedko
Suspended
Posts: 514

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#105 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:28 pm
Apparently a lot players have not a single clue about proper balancing. Live server power gaps were only manageable, because you basically left t3 with rr70-80.
Bullshit, in live you leave t3 with 40lvl and 20 rr - and the grind one evening for 50rr and 50+ gear, 2 days and you copetitive int t4(here you grind for weeks just to get anihilator - which need 39rr lold every time when see this requirments).

Let's be honest ROR is Korean Grind game in contrast with original WAR.
DDZEALOTFTW!

And remember No FUN allowed in ROR.

Save the DDZEALOTs proposal viewtopic.php?f=95&t=28103&p=318980#p318980 8-)

User avatar
Morf
Posts: 1221

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#106 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Nerfing conq/domi is 100% the right thing to do but is only a part of the power creep issue, kinda funny how i was just being a trouble maker/whiner when i pointed out the increase from anni-conq...
Anyhow if you are serious at looking at power creep issue you may want to look at genesis and beastlord, being able to have 9 ? set bonuses when combining sets imo is way over the top, if u must keep the bonuses maybe looking at bonuses that are not just stat bonuses but instead + 1/2 to a mastery path, an extra mastery point or 2, procs like tok jewls had (but actual useful ones that are not op) or look at the most important/used skills in each mastery path and add bonuses to give secondary effects to those, could even look at changing some non beastlord lair gear adding +5% of a certain stat (parry/block/strikethrough etc) ,+50 power, 5% reduce crit something along these lines so players are not just forced into wearing full sets this also would make pve worth doing, after all ROR was founded on the principles of making pve useful.

As for the appearance, Nork dont take this the wrong way because i can appreciate how much time it must of took you to look through thousands and thousands of items but these are dam ugly i dont think it justifies many months of grinding for a lesser skin then players currently have via conq/domi/seal 2 piece set, especially if the stats are going to be a minor increase.
If you are really committed to doing things the right way with power creep and appearance of items just add these skins to current conq gear and add current conq (doomflayer) skins to the new sets, sure players wont like it, i wouldnt but doesnt it make sense ? higher renown/harder to get should mean more stats (slightly) and better skin on gear, 1 step back 2 steps forward.
If this set is invader then you have 2 sets after, warlord for forts and sov for city, the skins should not need any changing/work done to them you already have full sov sets and warpforged + rr98 belt items.
Vanquisher - doomflayer skin, warlord - sov or warpforged skin, sov - warpforged or sov skin, you have the stat increase and the appearance increase.

Players dont always grind for stat increase they also do so for an awesome look of gear and given the small increase of stats that this set will have i dont see you accomplishing the goal of maikng players log in/grind for these sets with very little to gain from them.
Last edited by Morf on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morfee - Shaman / Fudda - Choppa / Mynnos - Kotbs

Foomy44
Posts: 498

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#107 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Avici wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm
Foomy44 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 pm
Avici wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm
We spend a lot, a LOT of time and effort grinding this high level gear to get... What... +3 wounds and + 5 int ?
To get entertained? Isn't that usually why people invest their time into gaming? Or do you REALLY need to be able to kill some lowbies slightly faster to make all your time seem worth it? I've played a lot of chess and I'm still using all my starter pieces and going up against people with the exact same setup as me, never occurred to me to argue I should have a bigger advantage because of all my time invested.
This is WAR. You have to get much stronger as the game progresses, both lore-wise and gameplay wise. Nobody cares about your fancy dresses and titles or your "prestige". The only thing that matters is how good you at killing stuff, or not being killed by stuff. Because this is ALL the game about. Killing things and survive being killed. There is nothing else to do.
This is also a pvp game, and if the people at the top are "much stronger" as you claim they "have" to be then the lower playtime people end up feeling like freekills and are discouraged from playing to the endgame, plus most of the fights are more unbalanced with a stat advantage helping determine the outcome instead of player skill which isn't something everyone wants. There are TONS of pvp games that don't give a massive advantage to the person with more playtime so I really disagree that that advantage is a necessary part of enjoying a game.
Current Loves: Chompy 74, ShroomStew 70
Retired 40+ Destro: TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, Doomshadow, DoomDisk, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Retired 40+ Order: CatNap, Shadeling, StormWall, Bangman

Sulorie
Posts: 2869

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#108 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 pm

kweedko wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:28 pm
Apparently a lot players have not a single clue about proper balancing. Live server power gaps were only manageable, because you basically left t3 with rr70-80.
Bullshit, in live you leave t3 with 40lvl and 20 rr - and the grind one evening for 50rr and 50+ gear, 2 days and you copetitive int t4(here you grind for weeks just to get anihilator - which need 39rr lold every time when see this requirments).

Let's be honest ROR is Korean Grind game in contrast with original WAR.
You buy anni set the moment you become rank 35 but I already know, that you have trouble with getting gear. :lol:
Dying is no option.

Ads
User avatar
Smellybelly
Posts: 197

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#109 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Good players dont need to hide behind good gear to defeat lesser foes though, just saying. Tactics and skills trumphs gear 90% of the time
Image
Swaggaton~Swagwut~Throatripper~SuperSalty~Swagwald

<3 FUSION 3>

Avici
Posts: 66

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#110 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Foomy44 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:35 pm
Avici wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm
Foomy44 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 pm


To get entertained? Isn't that usually why people invest their time into gaming? Or do you REALLY need to be able to kill some lowbies slightly faster to make all your time seem worth it? I've played a lot of chess and I'm still using all my starter pieces and going up against people with the exact same setup as me, never occurred to me to argue I should have a bigger advantage because of all my time invested.
This is WAR. You have to get much stronger as the game progresses, both lore-wise and gameplay wise. Nobody cares about your fancy dresses and titles or your "prestige". The only thing that matters is how good you at killing stuff, or not being killed by stuff. Because this is ALL the game about. Killing things and survive being killed. There is nothing else to do.
This is also a pvp game, and if the people at the top are "much stronger" as you claim they "have" to be then the lower playtime people end up feeling like freekills and are discouraged from playing to the endgame, plus most of the fights are more unbalanced with a stat advantage helping determine the outcome instead of player skill which isn't something everyone wants. There are TONS of pvp games that don't give a massive advantage to the person with more playtime so I really disagree that that advantage is a necessary part of enjoying a game.
Yes, this is how it works here. You start as nothing without name and slowly work your way towards fame and power through blood sweat and tears.I don't think it's a good idea to make new characters strong from the start.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests