Recent Topics

Ads

Mail adress (@gmx.xx , @web.xx) and creating new account

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Mail adress (@gmx.xx , @web.xx) and creating new account

Post#1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:09 am

For some reason we ignore, we have an issue sending activation mail to @gmx.xx and @web.xx.
If you register, please try to use another mail adress.

If you have any idea why this doesn't work properly, we are interested...

Ads
ragafury

Re: Mail adress (@gmx.xx , @web.xx) and creating new account

Post#2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:26 am

since they don't have a support E-Mail adress and a call costs 3,99€ I will not contact the provider (even I'm customer of both services).

My "normal mails" from returnofreckoning (like the newsletter from a while ago) got delivered without any issues. May the formular contains keywords, dunno.

as a accountowner you can setup a filter list and enter there the senders domain name etc.under approved / wished.

Only support I found containing the issue.

Edit:

I recommend this mail service if you are from germany:

https://tutanota.com/
Last edited by ragafury on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

RuffRyder

Post#3 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:09 am For some reason we ignore, we have an issue sending activation mail to @gmx.xx and @web.xx.
If you register, please try to use another mail adress.

If you have any idea why this doesn't work properly, we are interested...
What response does your mail server get, are the mails undeliverable and you get a NDR?
Or rather a spam filter mechanism that intervenes?

There also have been some issues with several mail services (like also O365) in the past occuring when the sender has missing/imcomplete SPF or DKIM records.

Just my thoughts though...

EDIT: Possible Sources

SMTP Banner Mismatch (unlikely a problem)
The SMTP banner issued by your email server did not contain the hostname we resolved for your server’s IP address.

SPF seems fine, DKIM I can't check properly.

Last mail from RoR I received in July, webserver move has been way later though iirc.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Malvaroth

Post#4 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:10 pm

It's my understanding that your server is hosted in France, is that correct?

Having lived in France myself and having used both GMX and WEB email adresses, I discovered at some point (this dates back at least 15 years) that for some reason, there seemed to be a blacklist either on the french or german side (or both), which completely prevented sending or receiving emails between the french provider and GMX/WEB.xx(x).
If I remember correctly, it didn't even matter which provider one used for internet (in France), since all used the same physical network (I believe France Telecom owned all the cables back then, no idea what the status is now). We never got any email delivery errors, everything just disappeared into the void. We contacted customer service for both the french and german sides but neither was willing to offer any solutions. I think we managed to get an error message confirming the blacklist suspicion somehow, not sure what we did, might even have been the customer support that confirmed it.
We just assumed these companies (France Telecom and 1&1 Internet AG/1&1 IONOS) must have had some kind of beef which never got resolved, and looks like this might still be the case. If so, there is probably not much we (you) can do about it:

- switch to a server hoster in a different country
- switch to a server hoster which uses a different internet provider (might need to be a different physical network if there even is one in France)
- accept it and update https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php to state that GMX/WEB emails will not work

Sorry I can't give more detail, as I said this was more than 15 years ago, but at least it may shed some light.

sioding
Game Master

Post#5 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:20 pm

This problem is fixed now. Anyhow - thanks for sharing your ideas and options. Activationmails are OK again.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Malvaroth

Post#6 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:10 pm

sioding wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:20 pm This problem is fixed now. Anyhow - thanks for sharing your ideas and options. Activationmails are OK again.
Well, glad to hear it apparently wasn't the blacklist problem I described. Would you mind satisfying my curiosity and telling us what you found/did?