Recent Topics

Ads

Statement current exploits

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
chaoscode

Re: Statement current exploits

Post#91 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:02 pm

a gold wipe with the opening of T2 area will keep a complete wipe from being needed. All those items people have been paying for will instently be worthless. No reason to make us relevel our characters as when t2 hits we will be replacing our gear anyways.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#92 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Maybe delete all your 12/20 toons and make new ones... over and over for the fun of it?
Dying is no option.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#93 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:08 pm

chaoscode wrote:a gold wipe with the opening of T2 area will keep a complete wipe from being needed. All those items people have been paying for will instently be worthless. No reason to make us relevel our characters as when t2 hits we will be replacing our gear anyways.

still there are new players, and as items (yet) arent boe or even bop, the items can still be sold to low level players and with that gold t2 gear again can be bought and so and so on.

solution could be to make all t1 items that exist shortly bevore the wipe is done bop and not sellable anymore.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#94 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Sulorie wrote:Maybe delete all your 12/20 toons and make new ones... over and over for the fun of it?
Isn't that the exact of idea of a Great Wipe solving the Great Problem? As levels were certainly gained by botting or leeching!
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Telen
Suspended

Post#95 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:16 pm

Rsoe wrote:
Adell wrote:
Rsoe wrote:They will not be able to sell the items if there is no gold. In other words they can't regain the gold, unless they wait for players to get gold either by quests or by farming. Ofc that would happen at some point, but ppl would most likely have farmed the gear themselves, if a increase in lvlcap was introduced alongside the goldwipe.
A gold coin would be worth a hundred times more after the wipe and these items would have the same market value.
A gold coin is a gold coin. It cant be worth more than a gold coin, because it is the measurement of value i think. If anything the value of a gold coin is not meassured in the item(i think thats reverse?), but the time/effort spend in collecting it. Therefor a gold coin cannot be worth a hundred times more because its too easy to optain. But maybe i am wrong? Please im not trying to present certain facts, so dont get me wrong^^
Currency value is dependant on supply. When the wipe happens gold will be far more valuable. Banked gear can then be sold at a lower price but higher value once the wipe increases the value of gold. The exploiters can then immediately sell off their goods, sucking more gold out of the economy and keeping prices value high until they run out of goods. At that point they will have enough gold to buy out all the best t2 stuff once its released. So the wipe without including gear achieved nothing but benefited the exploiters.

Azarael

Post#96 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:19 pm

To discuss some of the points raised by the previous pages:

- There is no way to compromise when there's exploited gold in the system. I've mentioned this before. If you have lots of money, you either farmed it manually in the alpha (more fool you, it's an alpha), you exploited it or you bought and sold in the climate of inflation and need to respect that what you have is mostly exploited gold.

- May I remind certain players to stop taking it out on the staff for what exploiters have done. I know we're the big bad staff who are planning to take action that some of you may not like, and we're obvious, named targets in contrast to the nameless exploiters who are hiding like the bottom feeders they are, but we are not the ones responsible for this situation.

- Some of you are saying that there's a way to dodge having to take action against items. You're wrong for multiple reasons:
  • - There's an item duplication exploit, which already puts paid to the integrity of items as well as gold. Yes, we know about this one too. No, it's not the gold exploit.
  • - Players are putting their gold into items to vend after the wipe, and T2 will do absolutely nothing to rectify this (seriously, how stupid do you think we are not to realize that players are doing this?)
This thread is rapidly turning into a rerun of the previous locked thread, and what's more, players are still trying to tell us things that we already know and not considering that we actually might know more than they do.

normanis

Post#97 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 pm

just make gold cap and no more need wipe. for example u can make only 99 gold not copper more. prices are so dumb its like for vegeance sword in trader u need pay to x10 more than from pvp seller. its cost few silver
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ototo

Post#98 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:52 pm

A happy kitty here =)

Completely agree in all the things said in the OP.

KEEP IT UP, PPL!! U ARE MY NEW HEROS!!! =)
Spoiler:

Ads
Azarael

Post#99 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:00 pm

normanis wrote:just make gold cap and no more need wipe. for example u can make only 99 gold not copper more. prices are so dumb its like for vegeance sword in trader u need pay to x10 more than from pvp seller. its cost few silver
Please read the thread, this was already addressed. Cap the gold and they'll just flood our account system with mules designed to hold their spare gold.

Rsoe

Post#100 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Telen

I see your point and i am essentially agreeing. But it is rather theoretical as it rules out a variation of factors; the amount of gold in game wil grow steadily from day 1 of wipe, therefor not hold the same value, also they cant immediately sell, and theres is not accounted for competetion(farmers), or a trading economy in a reset capital based econmomy. Other factors like new drops occuring should also be considered to bring down the value of banked goods. Most likely they will have to deal with farmers who got the items.

Example: A dealer sells shoulders for 1g, that 1g will be worth less and less, the more people farm. Considering how easy 1 g is to obtain. If he sells for 10g or 100g, the longer he will have to wait and chances that people have obtained otherwise is higher because the only way to get money is to farm/quest(but quest have a limit). The banked items would be bottlenecked and lose value if they dont sell fast. Im basing this on a full gold wipe tho and gear +16 wipe + all stackables.

It would also benefit the farmers who have worked for the items, disapointed to see that they are counted as exploiters:/

Also again trying to get my head around this, so please dont take any offence^^