Recent Topics

Ads

Few infos about event's end and fort test.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alfa1986

Re: Few infos about event's end and fort test.

Post#31 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:27 am

zgolec wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:27 am Forts are distaster atm. Lack of contribution makes ppl able to x realm last second and join fort anyway on the more zergy / winning side.

Bring back previous system with lvl cap and number of people cap - it wasnt perfect but it was 100 times better then sh**show now - but when fort open make it instantly open other pairing in t2 so ppl that wasnt able to join fort can work their way in other zone rvr not only be able to do sc/pve during fort.
Ok, now (if you don’t like forts) you can definitely go do scs or pve why are you outraged?)))
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#32 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Finally got to play a fort siege last night (The Maw) with the new "open" format. What Destro did to Order was something I had never experienced before in 10 years plus of playing Warhammer. That alone is deserving of high praise to the devs for opening forts to all t4 level players.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

zachary

Post#33 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:43 pm

>Is it possible to set up x2 on exp, rp, and medals for scenarios while last fort zone is active?

+1 on this idea! It 1) doesn't mess with the campaign code and 2) gives extra rewards to people who don't want to do the fort. Heck, I'd be +1 on double xp/rr/etc for the whole rest of the server while fort is going on. It would definitely make it a real decision of "do I want to fort or not" pretty much no matter what your level.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

ChicagoJoe

Post#34 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:41 am

Reik Fort feedback/information -

11.8 Destro Zerg - ~100 to ~50. Order tries to put up a fight, we get steamrolled. Because we get steam rolled so easily "no contribution no rewards" - dry push with such imbalance easy quick lord kill.

Needs to be some ratio limitations even if open 20-40% imbalance ok, otherwise no motivation to defend, because even if you try no rp, xp or invader tokens b/c it ends so quickly.

While it is possible for an organized minority to fight off disorganized majority this is extremely rare. Need to control cross realm unless to balance ratio.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

scatterthewinds

Post#35 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Previous fort system was better.
-reservations encouraged lake activity.
-ratio was balanced
-server could handle the pop

Good things about the new fort:
-the outer bos affecting inner door hp.

-thats it.

Ninjagon

Post#36 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:54 pm

I understand that this was needed for testing.
But, when this "fort testing" ends, please?
Server can handle 200 vs 200 but the system and maps are not designed for that. Poor attackers.
The OLD system was better - people have to do something in order to fight at fort. Now we have a real Xrealming issue.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

oaliaen

Post#37 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:28 pm

limit the aoe cap to 12

Alfa1986

Post#38 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:02 am

many ppl like these changes, which solved many problems (like portals, nothing to do, not working stage 2 etc.), although they added a few new ones. I have to note that attackers win forts now much more often than before according to my observations (earlier 10-20%, now 50/50). (I am talking about those forts in which I participated, both in NA time and in EU time). some people argue that the problem of xrealmers is a myth, and is now more inclined to stick to this version.
so far there are very few valid arguments in favor of the old system:
1. there was better.
2. there we received more medals.
3. Now it's a zerg show.
4. Now attacking / defending is more difficult.(why? -dosnt matter, just more difficult).
5. Toxic chat (edit: that mostly on the losing side).
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Direbloodykiller

Post#39 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:12 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:02 am many ppl like these changes, which solved many problems (like portals, nothing to do, not working stage 2 etc.), although they added a few new ones. I have to note that attackers win forts now much more often than before according to my observations (earlier 10-20%, now 50/50). (I am talking about those forts in which I participated, both in NA time and in EU time). some people argue that the problem of xrealmers is a myth, and is now more inclined to stick to this version.
so far there are very few valid arguments in favor of the old system:
1. there was better.
2. there we received more medals.
3. Now it's a zerg show.
4. Now attacking / defending is more difficult.(why? -dosnt matter, just more difficult).
5. Toxic chat (edit: that mostly on the losing side).
1. not a valid statement, purely an opinion
2. might be true
3. player issue (there is ways to work around it, it's up to ppl to actually do it instead of beeing mindless)
4. then it's even? doesn't understand the point at all
5. player issue (just don't do it comes to mind)

Ppl need to stop pretending that the dev's in any way should be accountable for ppl behavior. Their "job" isn't to hold our hands.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#40 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:28 am

To add to this topic as there seems to be some confusion.

AOE cap is generally perceived as good at 24 and as such has been decided to stay though some tweaks may ofc be done. This however has nothing to do with this thread.

Asd for fort test it has overall also been seen as better and will stay in this "open" form.