Recent Topics

Ads

T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark
Posts: 1494

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#31 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:52 am

ty team!
just in time when farming SC shield for WP.

I guess it's the result of recent feedback from new players.
too much gear gap, asking tier divide etc.
good i didn't opposite too much.
or was i? ;)
thx to new guys too
SM8, SW8, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, BW4, WP7, WH4, IB4, EG3, SL5, RP3
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE7, Cs7, Mg7, Ze6, Mara6, BO4, SH4, Shm5, Chop3
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

Ads
User avatar
normanis
Posts: 526
Contact:

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#32 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:43 pm

thumb up

User avatar
cursedflesh
Posts: 51

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#33 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 pm

further proof that anything can be achieved here by crying loudly ... totally unnecessary simplification of the game for new lazy kids, they have far more ppl to fight against, so more opportunities to recieve medals, we had to farm them for weeks/months

this amazing game will be "40/80 and top equip for free at start so noone feels bad" soon™
Last edited by cursedflesh on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garrth - the most useless ASW on server

User avatar
Vayra
Posts: 517

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#34 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:36 pm

cursedflesh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 pm
further proof that anything can be achieved here by crying loudly ... totally unnecessary simplification of the game for new lazy kids, they have far more ppl to fight against, so more opportunities to recieve medals, we had to farm them for weeks/months

this amazing game will be "40/80 and top equip for free at start so noone feels bad" soon™
Lol, since this game doesn't have full downconversion of higher tier crests/emblems anymore it's only natural that prices go down after a while. Back on live you could get warlord/royal crests/emblems to drop that would convert into quite ridiculous numbers of lower level currency ( 1 royal crest on live was equal to 125 conqueror and could drop from players above rr70). To complete scenario sets/weapons here the best you can do is get Oppressor drops from other players/finishing SC's. Again on live you had 2 more tiers above Oppressor that dropped either from players or from completing SC's after you bought the previous tier weapon. These drops and the ability to downconvert were the catchup mechanic on live, so price drops weren't needed as a new player could easily complete lower tier sets by downconverting high tier drops. We don't have that here, and so price drops are needed.

Honestly, I'd love to see the return of that mechanic as it provides a great way to dynamically allow people to catch up as new tiers are introduced. The more high renown players there are, the faster new players will gear up since there will be more high level crests dropping that they can use to finish their sets.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

User avatar
cursedflesh
Posts: 51

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#35 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:38 pm

Vayra wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:36 pm
cursedflesh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 pm
further proof that anything can be achieved here by crying loudly ... totally unnecessary simplification of the game for new lazy kids, they have far more ppl to fight against, so more opportunities to recieve medals, we had to farm them for weeks/months

this amazing game will be "40/80 and top equip for free at start so noone feels bad" soon™
Lol, since this game doesn't have full downconversion of higher tier crests/emblems anymore it's only natural that prices go down after a while. Back on live you could get warlord/royal crests/emblems to drop that would convert into quite ridiculous numbers of lower level currency ( 1 royal crest on live was equal to 125 conqueror and could drop from players above rr70). To complete scenario sets/weapons here the best you can do is get Oppressor drops from other players/finishing SC's. Again on live you had 2 more tiers above Oppressor that dropped either from players or from completing SC's after you bought the previous tier weapon. These drops and the ability to downconvert were the catchup mechanic on live, so price drops weren't needed as a new player could easily complete lower tier sets by downconverting high tier drops. We don't have that here, and so price drops are needed.

Honestly, I'd love to see the return of that mechanic as it provides a great way to dynamically allow people to catch up as new tiers are introduced. The more high renown players there are, the faster new players will gear up since there will be more high level crests dropping that they can use to finish their sets.
this is not live and we like it this way, they can catch up, but must work hard, we had it same with far less oportunity to get medals, they had super easy start already becuse of 2x event
Garrth - the most useless ASW on server

User avatar
Vayra
Posts: 517

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#36 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:52 pm

cursedflesh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:38 pm
Vayra wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:36 pm
cursedflesh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 pm
further proof that anything can be achieved here by crying loudly ... totally unnecessary simplification of the game for new lazy kids, they have far more ppl to fight against, so more opportunities to recieve medals, we had to farm them for weeks/months

this amazing game will be "40/80 and top equip for free at start so noone feels bad" soon™
Lol, since this game doesn't have full downconversion of higher tier crests/emblems anymore it's only natural that prices go down after a while. Back on live you could get warlord/royal crests/emblems to drop that would convert into quite ridiculous numbers of lower level currency ( 1 royal crest on live was equal to 125 conqueror and could drop from players above rr70). To complete scenario sets/weapons here the best you can do is get Oppressor drops from other players/finishing SC's. Again on live you had 2 more tiers above Oppressor that dropped either from players or from completing SC's after you bought the previous tier weapon. These drops and the ability to downconvert were the catchup mechanic on live, so price drops weren't needed as a new player could easily complete lower tier sets by downconverting high tier drops. We don't have that here, and so price drops are needed.

Honestly, I'd love to see the return of that mechanic as it provides a great way to dynamically allow people to catch up as new tiers are introduced. The more high renown players there are, the faster new players will gear up since there will be more high level crests dropping that they can use to finish their sets.
this is not live and we like it this way, they can catch up, but must work hard, we had it same with far less oportunity to get medals, they had super easy start already becuse of 2x event
Ahh, so you're just an old boomer with the 'back in my day' mentality where everyone has to suffer because you did. Go back to the 50s where you belong. I, on the other hand, prefer changes that entice newer players to stay and provide a challenge for me, not be free kills because gearing takes too long.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

User avatar
cursedflesh
Posts: 51

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#37 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Vayra wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:52 pm
cursedflesh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:38 pm
Vayra wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:36 pm


Lol, since this game doesn't have full downconversion of higher tier crests/emblems anymore it's only natural that prices go down after a while. Back on live you could get warlord/royal crests/emblems to drop that would convert into quite ridiculous numbers of lower level currency ( 1 royal crest on live was equal to 125 conqueror and could drop from players above rr70). To complete scenario sets/weapons here the best you can do is get Oppressor drops from other players/finishing SC's. Again on live you had 2 more tiers above Oppressor that dropped either from players or from completing SC's after you bought the previous tier weapon. These drops and the ability to downconvert were the catchup mechanic on live, so price drops weren't needed as a new player could easily complete lower tier sets by downconverting high tier drops. We don't have that here, and so price drops are needed.

Honestly, I'd love to see the return of that mechanic as it provides a great way to dynamically allow people to catch up as new tiers are introduced. The more high renown players there are, the faster new players will gear up since there will be more high level crests dropping that they can use to finish their sets.
this is not live and we like it this way, they can catch up, but must work hard, we had it same with far less oportunity to get medals, they had super easy start already becuse of 2x event
Ahh, so you're just an old boomer with the 'back in my day' mentality where everyone has to suffer because you did. Go back to the 50s where you belong. I, on the other hand, prefer changes that entice newer players to stay and provide a challenge for me, not be free kills because gearing takes too long.
no im not, but nice try to insult me 6,5/10 ... there will be always someone with better equip, skill, luck, thats the challenge to defeat them, for easy game there is wow, not ror ... that "changes" are the exact thing that totally ruins game industry, ofc is easy to have everything fast and be competitive, but that feel when u achieve something is gone ... tell me - u got all best equip in a month for example and next? no reason to play after it
Garrth - the most useless ASW on server

User avatar
StaH84
Posts: 80

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#38 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Since warlord and two sovereigns are designed for all 3 trees, I see no reason for scenario sets for this RR. Only maybe for Invader level.

Are there plans for Royal weapons like they were on life?
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 65
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 35
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

Ads
AkkumaRyuujin
Posts: 7

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#39 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:47 pm

cursedflesh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:55 pm
no im not, but nice try to insult me 6,5/10 ... there will be always someone with better equip, skill, luck, thats the challenge to defeat them, for easy game there is wow, not ror ... that "changes" are the exact thing that totally ruins game industry, ofc is easy to have everything fast and be competitive, but that feel when u achieve something is gone ... tell me - u got all best equip in a month for example and next? no reason to play after it
Grinding for months is not a sense of achievement. If your sense of achievement of gearing out a character is largely based on time, RNG, and minimal skill you might have essentially a form of gambling addiction. If the sole reason to play this game is for a gear grind then why are you playing this game?

User avatar
Aethilmar
Posts: 202

Re: T4 Set Cost Reductions Next Patch

Post#40 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:58 pm

For those complaining, this was inevitable. As soon as they introduced vertical progression into a PvP game it was pretty much mandatory they followed the path of the live version (and countless other games) and create a catch-up system for newbies. The next step, btw, will be for them to eventually hand out some baseline gear (ala baby Sov gear on live).

It has happened before. It will happen again.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests