Recent Topics

Ads

Server Offline *TEMP*

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Archer

Re: Server Offline *TEMP*

Post#71 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:15 pm

<Dyox sold all the rights to the source code to EA>
for them to milk us for another couple million for the crafting pack they had planned to pay for their xmas party :P

Ads
Mirkul29

Post#72 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Day 3, the dev are not yet aware that I am a giant talking clam...all according to keikaku.

Keep up the good work Guyz, hope to see you on the battlefield. :twisted:
Yeah, I like violence
Spoiler:

edge

Post#73 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Archer wrote:1. Cease and Desist Letter. would also include this forum. so not that ;)
This forum is just a fan site without a game to play. (:

MaxHayman
Management

Post#74 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Ok guys. This is the situation. The server we were using was shutdown and a new one was put up. However I wasn't able to get a backup of the character database before this happened. I've spoke to the server hosting company and they would be able to get the hard drive contents for me, however they need the person who is renting the servers permission. As the guy who provides us with the server isn't very responsive on Skype I'm finding it hard to get him to message the hosting company for this to happen. So we have 2* options.

1) Wait to hopefully get a response from the guy and get the character database.
2) The last backup I have is when we moved last weekend from the 'laggy' server. We could use this however there would be a rollback from Wednesday 2nd -> Saturday 28th ish

What do you guys thing?

*open to suggestions.
Max Hayman

Elven
Former Staff

Post#75 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:18 pm

MaxHayman wrote:Ok guys. This is the situation. The server we were using was shutdown and a new one was put up. However I wasn't able to get a backup of the character database before this happened. I've spoke to the server hosting company and they would be able to get the hard drive contents for me, however they need the person who is renting the servers permission. As the guy who provides us with the server isn't very responsive on Skype I'm finding it hard to get him to message the hosting company for this to happen. So we have 2* options.

1) Wait to hopefully get a response from the guy and get the character database.
2) The last backup I have is when we moved last weekend from the 'laggy' server. We could use this however there would be a rollback from Wednesday 2nd -> Saturday 28th ish

What do you guys thing?

*open to suggestions.
How great are the chances of getting contact with the "owner" of the previous server? Would the wait time be days/weeks etc?

I would be in favour of trying to hold out for the most up to date version. It will take time and some impatient people will throw their dummy out and cry. But I think most people would agree, waiting a little while to get their most recent characters and accounts back is the most important thing.

People just gonna have to wait and not **** cry about it.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#76 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:18 pm

I broke the layout again ^^ :?

Irrelevant

Post#77 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Elven wrote:How great are the chances of getting contact with the "owner" of the previous server? Would the wait time be days/weeks etc?
I was wondering this. I personally did a lot of grinding after then but at the same time I don't think a rollback would be that bad at this point, if the guy is likely to be uncontactable for a long time.
Hans; Witch Hunter.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#78 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:21 pm

I think the best thing is to set it up with the rollback.

The actual version isn't made to really develop Game and Characters, but to perform the server. So, i don't think that the "loss" will be important :). If you succed to recover last dbs, then lets see at this moment.

Ads
edge

Post#79 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Option 2 is my vote.

You could be waiting a month if ever for a response.

yorukami

Post#80 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:23 pm

I would choose 2nd option because people cant waiting also old database with renown rank points fix would be nice,you know when you get renown rank for next level you'll get 70% amont of RR points by each renown level which is it makes very fast to get maximum renown rank cap. (or just cap it to 10 max,untill hotfix.)

Sry my bad english.