Recent Topics

Ads

Questions and Answers: Drop yours here!

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
crafty

Re: Questions and Answers: Drop yours here!

Post#81 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:25 am

Can you share source for public? please!!!!

Ads
Uchoo

Post#82 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:35 am

Have you guys thought about changing how city queues work or even letting empty instances go like on live?

It feels real bad to sweat for 4 hours to get a city for everyone else on the realm and then not get a pop.
Last edited by Uchoo on Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Uchoo

Post#83 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:44 am

Question 2: Have you guys thought about doing more RvR mechanics in the zones? Stuff like "If you hold Armory in Praag you can spawn cannons" or "If you hold Martyr's Square you can use siege ladders/orcapaults."

I understand that it would be a large task for development and require lots of testing but that's what Warhammer always lacked and what I think the game would have been if the initial development wasn't so screwed up.

RvR can get bland fast and stuff like that allows the underpopulated realm and/or small man groups some options to contribute towards the objective of the zone rather than just roaming around for kills and it also punishes a side that ignores BO's and either sieges the keep with all of their numbers or sits inside their keep for defense. It would be a nice change of pace compared to the current static "Contest BO's and run supplies until 2 star and then siege."
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Vanmeldebrecht

Post#84 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:12 am

Question 1: Are there plans to further improve the performance of the game for close combat with enhanced numbers of players? In short, can we expect better performance on huge zerg fights in the near future?

Question 2: On the general topic of oRvR and balance changes, are you aiming to make wb-play more competitive and less "pug-zerg" friendly?

Question 3: New pve-content, lotd / lv coming up soon?

terrorsix

Post#85 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:25 am

Eyy lads, ive got 3 questions here.

1)First is regarding the current ticketing system, the current one isnt super user friendly,have you guys considered using the discord xela-bot to handle daily player/gm interactions?

while i know wargs opinion on this i do wonder if anything has changed during my break

2)will the old cross class easter egg items ever be making a return? Appearances are important to players and i miss all the unique combinations of armour people had

3)are we running on the best servers we could be? Can we donate more as a community to move to faster servers?

Thanks lads

abezverkhiy

Post#86 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:51 am

Hi devs,

I cannot stop applauding you for reviving dead WAR and bringing it to its present condition.

My questions are:

1) Plans to bring new captials - are the realistic as such or original game files never had them and introducing them would require making them from scratch?

2) WH/WE - any plans to revamp classes making them more useful for wbs? There are enough of obsolete abilities which could be removed and noone would be crying about them and replacing them with wb useful abilities is a dream of many WH/WE's out there.

Thank you.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

zaoolol

Post#87 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:31 am

Thanks for your amazing work <3

I have some questions:
  • What are the general limitations of your work on RoR? What can be done easily, what takes a lot of effort and what will never be possible?
  • Are you happy with how small-scale (<12) against larges-scale (>24) works with the current limitations on morale, targets, etc.?
  • Any plans on how queue/contribution for forts work for (guild-)warbands? We had some nights were only tanks and healers from our guild-wb got in which forced us to another zone which felt bad after pushing a hard keep.
  • Do you have any indication that some groups of players use some kind of macro/addon/abilityspam to (knowingly) produce lag in fights?

Love, pepz.

TheRipe

Post#88 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 am

When do I get my pirate kaptin hat? :mrgreen:
"Zoggin' stunty! Look wot 'ee did for me kleava! Nuw it'z all kover'd wiv 'eez bludd!"
-Choppa: Grufrip Blakkflagg Da Kaptin o' Da Freebootaz (2015-X)

Ads
zulnam

Post#89 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:54 am

Hi gang.

Thank you for your constant volunteer work. I might not always agree to your decisions (MIGHTY SSSSOULLL), but I appreciate the time and effort you put into this game.

My questions are:
1) What are the technical challenges around improving the game performance?

2) Has work on Land of the Dead already begun?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Rowanmantle

Post#90 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:02 am

Hello good people.

I have but 2 questions.

1. This one is a little trivial. What would it take to make players scavengeable like it was on live? I do so miss looting purple frags off enemies.

2. Do you ever see yourselves introducing the skaven patch? Where you could play them within rvr?

Thank you for keeping this game alive and giving us all a chance to play it. 🤟🏻
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara