Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Season 2 - Results & Insights

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caduceus

Re: Ranked Season 2 - Results & Insights

Post#41 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:20 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 am
heres the truth: if you suck at the game, then don't play a competitive mode. literally makes zero sense to try and argue that a mode called "RANKED" should be targeted toward a casual audience. go play regular scenarios.

First, low-skill players are not neccesarily casual.

Second, for those low-skill players to improve they must have a place where they can improve, and if we want players to dedicate their time and effort into Ranked (both of which are required in copious amounts) then we must give them a reason for doing so.

Third, apparently getting farmed by high-skill players and receiving nothing in return that could not have been gained elsewhere (and better) is not something people enjoy. Hence, no one queues Ranked. Zero matches Solo Ranked played in pre-season 3, and only a handful Group Ranked.

When will you realize that ignoring these tenants of game design and player behavior is not going to turn Ranked into the success we all want it to be?

Sorry to say it, but the elitist approach you seem to be advocating is the problem. It alienates the majority of players that would otherwise be interested in Ranked, even though Ranked needs these players to succeed.

Further, I think there's a serious bias within the Ranked community against people who perform poorly. It's important to understand that no matter how elite the Ranked community might think of itself, poor performance is always a combination of the player's individual skill in relation to the competition. No matter how elite, someone will always be last. However, that someone may still be better than most of Return of Reckoning's playerbase.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
DaWolf

Post#42 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:22 pm

Bloodmasked wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 am heres the truth: if you suck at the game, then don't play a competitive mode. literally makes zero sense to try and argue that a mode called "RANKED" should be targeted toward a casual audience. go play regular scenarios.
You see I've been following this thread as a good useless low skilled casual player, thinking to myself that I've missed the Ranked so far.
I know in advance that I'll never reach your level of roxxor on this game, but still I thought I'll try the ranked, just to see.
I even had an idea to propose.

And then I came across your post, and I remembered why I wasn't interested in ranked. Thanks, I'll leave you in your queue.

Kisses

TARDIONm

Post#43 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:20 pm

wait about s3 this topik xdddd
FMJ