Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Season 2 - Results & Insights

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Husti

Re: Ranked Season 2 - Results & Insights

Post#11 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:20 pm

Vance wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:30 am
Battlefield wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:13 am Better make arena 3v3 at least
Vote for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 Ranked, now that you have the tools.

Also therefore we wouldn't have to play Solo (Ranked) in a "group-up" incentivised game.

Thanks,
Vance/Leechking
I don't think that 1:1, 2:2 or 3:3 would work well. 1:1 would be dominated by defbuild WEs/WHs, dps or hybrid AMs/Shamans and reggen 2h tanks. 2:2 by dps WPs/Doks + tank or another melee dps. 3:3 would result in no kills when there is a 1/1/1 setup.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:58 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:28 am I hope everyone in ranked had fun and we can have a 3rd season without any "pls fix ranked" begging.
Would be nice to see some games but not long after s2 start the queue was becoming slow and usually one side was stacked in queue with nobody to match on other side. When you wait in queue with zero pops, despite sometimes 2-2-2 in queue on both sides, people tend not to bother with waiting. Especially when you hardly can do anything else while waiting besides crafting.
Dying is no option.

Battlefield

Post#13 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:30 pm

3v3 is fine 1dps 1tank 1healer

Caduceus

Post#14 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:51 pm

In 3v3 nothing would ever die.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Vance

Post#15 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:06 pm

Husti wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:20 pm
Vance wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:30 am
Battlefield wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:13 am Better make arena 3v3 at least
Vote for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 Ranked, now that you have the tools.

Also therefore we wouldn't have to play Solo (Ranked) in a "group-up" incentivised game.

Thanks,
Vance/Leechking
I don't think that 1:1, 2:2 or 3:3 would work well. 1:1 would be dominated by defbuild WEs/WHs, dps or hybrid AMs/Shamans and reggen 2h tanks. 2:2 by dps WPs/Doks + tank or another melee dps. 3:3 would result in no kills when there is a 1/1/1 setup.
And THAT is exactly why these version of Ranked would work -> your opinion. Everybody thinks they know what would be dominating/viable whatever.
I for example know a few setups, that are out-of-the-box which I personally already played successfully, which nobody would have thought when looking at it first (also against those setups/builds).

So to confirm what would be best (or to challenge the best setup with a new one) that Ranked versions can work well.

For 3v3 with 1/1/1 setup: that actually is the perfect training ground for strategy ;) Punt, Stagger, KD,....timing. Just an example for boring setups though, a 3 dps setup could burst them down as well.

But yes, you are definitely making my point why it would be interesting.

Vance/Leechking
Vance | Leechking
Preferred Playstyle 6vX (AAO Fights)

Guild-Group Player Verzweiflung | Despair
"We bring [Despair] :twisted:"

nat3s

Post#16 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm

ELO/MMR doesn't really work with pugs. There's a reason why other games only apply it to organised groups or solo content.

The whole MMR system needs to disappear imo. You're not pairing similar skill levels by using it as the number of people queuing doesn't allow for that. It just slows down match making. Remove MMR relax the requirements for instances to pop so people are not waiting hours for a single match and I suspect people will start to play it again.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Husti

Post#17 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:21 pm

nat3s wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm ELO/MMR doesn't really work with pugs. There's a reason why other games only apply it to organised groups or solo content.

The whole MMR system needs to disappear imo. You're not pairing similar skill levels by using it as the number of people queuing doesn't allow for that. It just slows down match making. Remove MMR relax the requirements for instances to pop so people are not waiting hours for a single match and I suspect people will start to play it again.
I think the key to a fun and lasting ranked scenario experience is to give the losing side also rewards, like it is for scenarios. Why punish the losing side with -MMR when they did a great job and fought like lions but the other side was just better?

If you relax the system and give the losing side also rewards then the environment would be less toxic and people would queue more because even if they lose they would get reward.

Id remove the MMR system to speed up queuing and do something like this:

For the winning side: everyone gets the same amount of badges/currencies
For the losing side: do a roll at the end like for public quests: best two get 3/4 of the reward of the winning side, 3rd 4th 1/2 of the reward, 5th 6th 1/4 of the reward the winners got. The more damage/heal/protected you did the more contribution gets added to your roll.

Everybody gets someting, but on the losing side you get less and it depends on your contribution.

That's how Id make it.

ashton007

Post#18 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Buff IB, thanks. Grudge building is so **** and too dependent on others-

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:52 pm

ashton007 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:25 pm Buff IB, thanks. Grudge building is so **** and too dependent on others-
It depends on your ability to swap oath friend.
Dying is no option.

Fulkan

Post#20 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 am

As support player - my only issue with ranked currently is that you literally have to schedule your days around stacking with decent players. I was top 10-20 players in pre-season but due to RL - my play time resulted in QQing with people that weren't power carries - and I literally got stuck at 300 MMR - without a proper way to climb out of it. I had to choose running my business or sniping streams to know which players are on - so I QQ only with people that I know will get me wins. Unfortunately for me - there was no time for this so I ended up playing endless games that were fricking brutal - and deservedly so. Order solo Q groups were better than the destro ones I was quing in to. It's just that now - all the quing has stopped - and I can't even get brutalized. Most of the mid tier skilled people just don't do ranked anymore.
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch