Recent Topics

Ads

LotD final test & latest news

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Re: LotD final test & latest news

Post#41 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:26 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:27 am
saupreusse wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:59 pm
Kloaner wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 pm

can we please have more Informations about that?
when the time is ready :)
Lost Vale finally done? ;)
2 weeks.

The same patch I'm finally removing all dwarves from the game.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Glorian

Post#42 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:12 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:26 am
Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:27 am
saupreusse wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:59 pm

when the time is ready :)
Lost Vale finally done? ;)
2 weeks.

The same patch I'm finally removing all dwarves from the game.
Finally, then I can go and start Bitterstone on the Hello Kitty MMO. :D

BluIzLucky

Post#43 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:46 pm

Looking forward to what you make of this :)

Couple thoughts..
1. Now that the acquisition of all ORvR and SC sets are in direct competition with Sov gear, shouldn't non-sov sets' cost be reduced, instead increased?
Seems like now the "optimal path" is to get pve / vendor gear and then vanq from gold bags and then save all medallions for sov.

2. How is vanq vs oppressor converted, as in do you consider 1 vanq = 1 oppressor ?
I assume not, probably more like 1 vanq to 6-8 oppressor.
So will oppressor cost be adjusted and added to ORvR gold bags?

3. Is Invader still required for sov?
I get there's the ward, but don't recall if it's required to start accumulating Royals (which now wouldn't be a thing if 1 invader = 1 royal) or is it also needed to equip sov?

4. Assuming 1 invader = 1 royal, will the fort win/loss reward ratio be adjusted to prevent even worse side stacking?

5. Assuming the new currency is equal to a tier 1 medal, to keep all costs relatively the same, does that mean a vanq drop will now drop 625 (1x5x5x5x5) of the new currency, is that going to be shared across the party? and a 5x royal gold bag is 15.5k x5? :lol: i know there's a lot of other ways to implement this so just a question based on guess.

6. OP mentioned that we can now play any mode, but is it still a case of time spent on certain activities are much more rewarding?
I.e. SC <<< ORVR << FORT <<< CITY

Will this approx ratio stay the same?

E.g. You'd have to do +50 scenarios to get the same rewards as 1 good city?
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Whyumadbro

Post#44 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:53 pm

If you can play scs or rvr to get ranked gear with new currency this will kill ranked.

Skullgrin

Post#45 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:54 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:26 am The same patch I'm finally removing all dwarves from the game.

Swap them out for Skaven, that would really make some heads explode. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

navis

Post#46 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:28 pm

Interesting currency changes. If it means I can use my old currecny to get better gear then hell ya.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#47 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:51 pm

Kloaner wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 pm
GamesBond wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:23 pm PvE will get QoL adjustments very soon and new content,
can we please have more Informations about that?
Stuff like decreasing the number of runs needed to get gear, potential bug fixes, new dungeons later on (there's no ETA). We also have a PvE focus group that could pump some QoL ideas which devs could implement when they have time. Overall it's not a fast process as our resources are limited, but it'll get some attention.

valadorn5 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:31 am What bothers me is that if we are going to have new LotD gear/armor we may want to wear this instead of the old one we have bought earlier due to the new cost balance. I know it is difficult to give every detail before the reveal, but that's an aspect you must be aware of.
Just like any other game, when new content comes out you may find your latest gear replaceable. You may also not find the newest gear decent enough to switch, there's nothing concrete now to confuse you - just play and enjoy the game without worrying if in a year or two or three years some content may make your current gear useless. Regarding the new currency, it'll be rewarded much more often than the current one currency that you need to gear up, since more activities will have it in their respective reward pool, and all gear sets will be requiring the same currency.

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:46 pm Looking forward to what you make of this :)

Couple thoughts..
Spoiler:
1. Now that the acquisition of all ORvR and SC sets are in direct competition with Sov gear, shouldn't non-sov sets' cost be reduced, instead increased?
Seems like now the "optimal path" is to get pve / vendor gear and then vanq from gold bags and then save all medallions for sov.

2. How is vanq vs oppressor converted, as in do you consider 1 vanq = 1 oppressor ?
I assume not, probably more like 1 vanq to 6-8 oppressor.
So will oppressor cost be adjusted and added to ORvR gold bags?

3. Is Invader still required for sov?
I get there's the ward, but don't recall if it's required to start accumulating Royals (which now wouldn't be a thing if 1 invader = 1 royal) or is it also needed to equip sov?

4. Assuming 1 invader = 1 royal, will the fort win/loss reward ratio be adjusted to prevent even worse side stacking?

5. Assuming the new currency is equal to a tier 1 medal, to keep all costs relatively the same, does that mean a vanq drop will now drop 625 (1x5x5x5x5) of the new currency, is that going to be shared across the party? and a 5x royal gold bag is 15.5k x5? :lol: i know there's a lot of other ways to implement this so just a question based on guess.

6. OP mentioned that we can now play any mode, but is it still a case of time spent on certain activities are much more rewarding?
I.e. SC <<< ORVR << FORT <<< CITY

Will this approx ratio stay the same?

E.g. You'd have to do +50 scenarios to get the same rewards as 1 good city?
You should wait for the patch notes and then discover what path suits you better. Surely some content will reward more than other content, it would be unfair otherwise. While cities for instance will reward more than capturing a keep, it will not act as a gate anymore. Regarding the conversion rates we will not provide additional details to the specific conversion calculation, but our advise to get gear and potions if you need them is helpful enough and removes any burden of conversion discrepancy.

Kaelang

Post#48 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:45 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:54 pm
Kaelang wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:26 am The same patch I'm finally removing all dwarves from the game.

Swap them out for Skaven, that would really make some heads explode. :P
Skaven release. YEP.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#49 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:19 pm

is there tier difference with new currency system?
or you get same currency from lvl 1 to sov end gears ?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#50 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:02 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:19 pm is there tier difference with new currency system?
or you get same currency from lvl 1 to sov end gears ?
Yes it's the same currency, so none of your rewards whilst leveling up will be trashed and everything will be used to upgrade your gear.