Recent Topics

Ads

LotD final test & latest news

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
oaliaen

Re: LotD final test & latest news

Post#31 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:49 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:07 am
GamesBond wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:29 pm
Major Currency Changes

2. You will no longer have your desired gears locked behind a specific content. You can play your favorite game modes, participate in your favorite activities in these game modes and get rewarded properly.

Yea, that's not true. PvE gear is still gonna be locked away in the Dungeons, which I'll never have the time/motivation to do. All this is going to do is make potions more expensive and and make the high end top DPS scenario weapons stupidly easy to acquire. Hope you guys have a balance plan in place to account for when everyone is doing lots more damage than they are currently, cuz its gonna happen fast when you change this.
Same to ranked mode.. :ugeek:

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#32 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:23 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:07 am
Major Currency Changes

2. You will no longer have your desired gears locked behind a specific content. You can play your favorite game modes, participate in your favorite activities in these game modes and get rewarded properly.

Yea, that's not true. PvE gear is still gonna be locked away in the Dungeons, which I'll never have the time/motivation to do. All this is going to do is make potions more expensive and and make the high end top DPS scenario weapons stupidly easy to acquire. Hope you guys have a balance plan in place to account for when everyone is doing lots more damage than they are currently, cuz its gonna happen fast when you change this.
True, which is why we mentioned that it is a currency system that caters for RvR/SC - the core game modes of the game. PvE will get QoL adjustments very soon and new content, but regarding the currency, it envelops Scenario and RvR only for now.

Maltar wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:48 am This means that I can decide what I want to spend my time on in game, and still have progression. Guildies want to do certain content, well my character will still progress, so happy days.
Conversion factors might be a small issue, especially since grind times can be a bit on the high end in the current game.
Right on point.

oaliaen wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:49 pm Same to ranked mode.. :ugeek:
Ranked may be included later on. It also may not, we have to discuss the possibilities internally as it may devalue rank and decrease its already low popularity.

Kabuco
Former Staff

Post#33 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:23 pm

Every armor item will cost roughly 15% more after this patch. So buy every piece you can afford now.
If you have a red name, you're on the wrong side!

OCRANA ...deal with it

Kabuco BW RR8x
Kynai WE RR8x

meatcpu

Post#34 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:47 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:55 am maybe remove pug sc and try tight matchmaker again?
I don't know much about the current implementation, but I'd love to see them matchmaker insist that you have at minimum 1/6 per archetype before allowing a pop.

The ranked system has a lot of good stuff like confirming player acceptance before forming the match and information about who is in q. It would be nice to see for instance there are X groups in q per faction. The diminishing restrictions as time go on are a pretty cool feature as well. I suspect these are all things that may find themselves into normal SC over time and that one function of ranked is to allow them to be polished on a smaller sample set of players.

Maltar

Post#35 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:52 pm

Ranked may be included later on. It also may not, we have to discuss the possibilities internally as it may devalue rank and decrease its already low popularity.
Well, with the new system, you now have the player base super carrot, if ranked gear gets included, but you want ranked to be more popular, just jack up the reward drop rates in ranked until you see healthy participation numbers. From all the earlier experiments done over the years, zone lock rewards etc, it is always clear that the one things driving the players is just how much of a reward they can get from the content. And even for people that have no interest in ranked gear, they still can buy what they want using the currency.

And that basically goes for all the content you want players to still use, even if a system for pve would get introduced, make it worth the players time, but not forced, and people would still do the content. If for example an hours dungeon run gets valued at somewhere between 1-4 hours of rvr content as each boss drops x amounts of the new currency + maybe a chance at the normal loot, well that might just keep players doing dungeons. And you could always have event weeks for various dungeons with even beefier numbers to try to coax even the non dungeon runners to try it out, if you find certain dungeons not seeing enough activity.

Would need to keep adjusting until you hit the sweet spot of course, but as long as new gear and weapons are added that people would want, you can nudge the players into content while still letting those who only love that one thing in the game still coming back for more with their steady progression rate.

Kloaner

Post#36 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:23 pm
PvE will get QoL adjustments very soon and new content,
can we please have more Informations about that?
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

saupreusse
Developer

Post#37 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:59 pm

Kloaner wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 pm
when the time is ready :)

Omegus

Post#38 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:27 am

saupreusse wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:59 pm
Kloaner wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 pm
when the time is ready :)
Lost Vale finally done? ;)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
SuperStar

Post#39 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:03 am

Imo players won't play ranked for gear, and it's not healthy either. They should play it coz it's fun.

I hope if they can gear up quickly they will play ranked.

I saw a lot of player tried, but if they not bis or almost bis they haven't got chance even in low MMR. They are often still humiliated and asked not to join. It's understandable in other hand coz they ruin the fun most of the time. But hard to get a higher number playerbase who play ranked.

Also in other competitive games have shared meta builds. We need too, there are some very important knowledge but in everywhere. You should implement the meta builds and rotation in game to the ranked panel. Most of the time it's gear problem but also knowledge problem. Most of them don't have enough time to search hours in forum.

This is a new era most of us don't like to work just for reward. The fun in the process is almost or more important.

There are 16 class and many subclass ppl won't stop play if they geared up easier. The fun just beginning, ror has endgame but the entry threshold is too high.

valadorn5

Post#40 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:31 am

Kabuco wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:23 pm Every armor item will cost roughly 15% more after this patch. So buy every piece you can afford now.
What bothers me is that if we are going to have new LotD gear/armor we may want to wear this instead of the old one we have bought earlier due to the new cost balance. I know it is difficult to give every detail before the reveal, but that's an aspect you must be aware of.