Recent Topics

Ads

Sildur's Enhanced WAR Shaders v6.0: DX11, DX12, OpenGL, Vulkan (January 31, 2023)

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sildur

Re: Sildur's Enhanced WAR v4.0.1+Vulkan! (June 19, 2022)

Post#711 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:35 am

Faldrino wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:11 am Hey Sildur! I've been trying for ages to get it working, and I've followed your guide to a T, but the shaders just don't seem to load in. I'm just short off re-installing RoR to see if I've messed it up somehow. I think it might be the registry file path that I needed to edit that I've maybe messed up? But I'm not 100% sure. Do you have any advice?
Hm do you have it on a different harddrive? Make sure to change the C at the begging of the path to your HDD letter.
You can also double check if the path is set in the registry by opening it and searching for ReShadeVulkan32.json.
This is how it should look like, with my path:

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#712 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:12 pm

Sildur wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:06 pm Update 4.0.1 is out now
Spoiler:
, with support for linux!

Code: Select all

v4.0.1
- Now using DXVK with async support.
- Updated my custom reshade binaries to 5.2.2. (4.9.1 for linux)
- Improved antialiasing thanks to the modified shaders by lordbean. Enabled by default now.
- Code cleanup and minor adjustements.
- Removed FXAA
- Removed old SMAA
- F10 now toggles MXAO and F9 toggle depth of field (distance blur)
Thanks to Xpander for testing all sorts of configurations on linux!
This is how a clean warhammer folder should look like on windows. (you may have some log files):
Absolute amazing work, runs and looks like a charm, just one thing: Is there any way to get rid of the MXAO shadows making some layers (like ToK, action bars, etc.) look "transparent", like shadows are shining through them? I like the environment shadows way more when enabled, just they mess up some other windows depending on their layer; also I see some flickering walls on buildings for example with MXAO enabled.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Sildur

Post#713 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:19 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:12 pm
Spoiler:

v4.0.1
- Improved antialiasing thanks to the modified shaders by lordbean. Enabled by default now.
- Removed FXAA
- Removed old SMAA
This is how a clean warhammer folder should look like on windows. (you may have some log files):
Absolute amazing work, runs and looks like a charm, just one thing: Is there any way to get rid of the MXAO shadows making some layers (like ToK, action bars, etc.) look "transparent", like shadows are shining through them? I like the environment shadows way more when enabled, just they mess up some other windows depending on their layer; also I see some flickering walls on buildings for example with MXAO enabled.
Yep, that's the ambient occlusion, you can just toggle that by pressing F10 ingame.

RuffRyder

Post#714 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:22 pm

Sildur wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:19 pm
Spoiler:
RuffRyder wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:12 pm
Spoiler:

v4.0.1
- Removed FXAA
- Removed old SMAA
Yep, that's the ambient occlusion, you can just toggle that by pressing F10 ingame.
The hotkey I saw actually, but the question is - sorry bad wording - is there any way to enable it and avoid such anomalies? Else I'll just turn it off, but would prefer having it active. :)
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Sildur

Post#715 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:38 pm

Unfortunately not, AO requires depth buffer access and it can't mask out the UI so it just goes through everything.

Faldrino

Post#716 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:17 pm

Sildur wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:35 am
Faldrino wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:11 am Hey Sildur! I've been trying for ages to get it working, and I've followed your guide to a T, but the shaders just don't seem to load in. I'm just short off re-installing RoR to see if I've messed it up somehow. I think it might be the registry file path that I needed to edit that I've maybe messed up? But I'm not 100% sure. Do you have any advice?
Hm do you have it on a different harddrive? Make sure to change the C at the begging of the path to your HDD letter.
You can also double check if the path is set in the registry by opening it and searching for ReShadeVulkan32.json.
This is how it should look like, with my path:
Thank you so much for that, Sildur! I got it working straight away. I had two C:/ entries to the registry editor both pointing to the same .json file. I deleted both of them and double checked the set up and I got it working.

Shaders look great though! A fair bit smoother than the last patch. Really nice, thanks!

Brickson

Post#717 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:12 pm

Spoiler:
xpander wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:05 am Ohh yeah. It doesn't seem to load with that d3d9.dll file. Even though the async dxvk works fine on linux, but this dll doesn't for some reason. probably because Lutris hooks up the dxvk files different way. So yeah do not copy the d3d9.dll and also you dont need the dxvk.conf file as Lutris install script provides that automatically also.
Spoiler:
Sildur wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:30 am Updated the linux version without version change, delete d3d9.dll and dxvk.conf if your coming from an earlier version.
Thanks, it's working now :D. I used your new version without d3d9.dll and dxvk.conf.

I just had time for some quick tests in Altdorf at the moment, but here are some obversations:

- Putting dinput8.dll and d3dcompiler_47.dll into the dll overrides in winecfg didn't do anything. I had to put them in the dll overrides in the runner options in Lutris to make it work (for value use n,b)

- Reshade also starts without d3dcompiler_47.dll in the dll overrides. Haven't checked if this breaks some of the functions though.

- I sometimes got texture bugs (black textures, wrong textures and a white tile around a torch). I had to relog my char to make them go away. Have to see if they will pop up more often.

- The old version with d3d9.dll and dxvk.conf fixed the launcher window for me. Without them it's back to its buggy state when using dxvk (black and buttons only visible when hovering over them). Got used to it, so it's not really bothering me that much anymore. But it looks like something in these two files could be used as a fix for it.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

xpander
Community Management

Post#718 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:18 pm

Brickson wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:12 pm
Spoiler:
Thanks, it's working now :D. I used your new version without d3d9.dll and dxvk.conf.

I just had time for some quick tests in Altdorf at the moment, but here are some obversations:

- Putting dinput8.dll and d3dcompiler_47.dll into the dll overrides in winecfg didn't do anything. I had to put them in the dll overrides in the runner options in Lutris to make it work (for value use n,b)

- Reshade also starts without d3dcompiler_47.dll in the dll overrides. Haven't checked if this breaks some of the functions though.

- I sometimes got texture bugs (black textures, wrong textures and a white tile around a torch). I had to relog my char to make them go away. Have to see if they will pop up more often.

- The old version with d3d9.dll and dxvk.conf fixed the launcher window for me. Without them it's back to its buggy state when using dxvk (black and buttons only visible when hovering over them). Got used to it, so it's not really bothering me that much anymore. But it looks like something in these two files could be used as a fix for it.
- i guess you messed up marking them in winecfg, cause both options work the same way
-d3dcompiler_47.dll was needed for some effects last time really tested it, might not be needed anymore indeed, i just assumed its still needed.
-disable post processing from game video settings i guess?, havent noticed any graphical issues yet, thats the only effect i have turned off.
-if you replaced your previous lutris dxvk.conf (with the reshade provided one) and now deleted it, then, yeah your launcher is black. it should contain this to make Launcher work:

[RoRLauncher.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 1
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Sildur

Post#719 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:15 pm

Brickson wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:12 pm snip
Hmm, make sure your vulkan runtimes and gpu drivers are also up to date.

b00n

Post#720 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:18 pm

Thank you for this nice refresh! Tried it and it seems with the new binaries and async it's running much more smooth. Had 100fps (capped by driver) most of the time.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs