Recent Topics

Ads

Sildur's Enhanced WAR Shaders v6.0: DX11, DX12, OpenGL, Vulkan (January 31, 2023)

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sildur

Re: Sildur's Enhanced WAR v4.0+Vulkan! (June 17, 2022)

Post#701 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:56 pm

Vraal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:50 am In how far does the Update 4.0 increase th graphic fidelity when compared to the recent 3.0 update?
Or is this Vulcan thing just something technical?
Rendering the game in vulkan should bring performance improvements vs the dated directx9 renderer. Vulkan and Directx12 are the newest renderers used in most games released these days.
xpander wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:23 am Linux How To:

- Grab the 3.0 version and extract to RoR directory: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LTaLsp ... sp=sharing
- Grab 32bit d3dcompiler_47 and extract to RoR directory: https://www.dll-files.com/d3dcompiler_47.dll.html
- Open Winecfg (wine configuration) add dinput8 and d3dcompiler_47 into dll overrides

Quick Video Guide:

Click here to watch on YouTube

version 3.0.1 seems to have broken depth capture on linux with DXVK.
version 4.0 seems to be a bit bad way to do it on Linux as it includes d3d9.dll file from what? On linux DXVK files (the d3d9.dll) are provided by Lutris automatically.
Thanks for the guide, adding it to the main post. d3d9.dll is DXVK, so you can either ignore it or replace the file that comes with lutris.

Ads
Sildur

Re: Sildur's Enhanced WAR v4.0+Vulkan! (June 17, 2022)

Post#702 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:00 pm

An easier guide on how to install it on linux should be out tomorrow, sent some test builds to Xpander.

Phantasm

Re: Sildur's Enhanced WAR v4.0 with Vulkan! (June 17, 2022)

Post#703 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:30 pm

Spoiler:
Sildur wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:27 am This should be the last update for awhile, now fully supporting DXVK!
With this update, warhammer will now run in vulkan instead of directx9.

Linux and MacOS users feel free to post your ways of injecting reshade in to DXVK.

Installation:
1. Download and install the latest vulkan runtime, found here: https://sdk.lunarg.com/sdk/download/lat ... untime.exe
2. Download Sildur's Enhanced WAR v4.0-Vulkan and unpack all the files and folder into your warhammer folder, next to the war.exe / war-64.exe
3. Go inside the Reshade folder and edit the file "ReshadeVulkanPath32.reg" with a text editor of your choice.
4. Inside said file edit the path to match yours, pointing to the ReshadeVulkan32.json file inside the reshade folder. The path is done with double slashes //.
5. Save it and run/doubleclick the file and add it to your registry.
6. Launch the game and enjoy!

Note:
Delete dinput8.dll and reshade.dll inside your warhammer folder if your coming from a previous version.
If it doesn't work, make your hardware supports vulkan.
Vulkan working but reshade not? Maybe you have to edit the path inside ReShadeApps.ini aswell, pointing to your exe file.
If you ever change your warhammer path, you will have to adjust the path in ReshadeVulkanPath32.reg aswell and run it again.

Uninstall:
Adjust the path in "Remove reshade registry.reg" and run it to remove the registry entry.
After that delete all the files that came with this mod.

CHANGELOG:

Code: Select all

v4.0
- Using DXVK to run the game with vulkan instead of directx9!
- Updated presets and added two new ones, can be changed by pressing the home key and changing the preset at the top.
- Minor bloom adjustements
- Delete dinput8.dll and reshade.dll in your warhammer folder before applying.
I may wanna try out Volkan (sic!) on a weekend. Any idea will dx9 reshade preset work with dxvk?

Sildur

Re: Sildur's Enhanced WAR v4.0.1+Vulkan! (June 19, 2022)

Post#704 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:06 pm

Update 4.0.1 is out now, with support for linux!

Code: Select all

v4.0.1
- Now using DXVK with async support.
- Updated my custom reshade binaries to 5.2.2. (4.9.1 for linux)
- Improved antialiasing thanks to the modified shaders by lordbean. Enabled by default now.
- Code cleanup and minor adjustements.
- Removed FXAA
- Removed old SMAA
- F10 now toggles MXAO and F9 toggle depth of field (distance blur)
Thanks to Xpander for testing all sorts of configurations on linux!
This is how a clean warhammer folder should look like on windows. (you may have some log files):

Brickson

Post#705 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:05 pm

Thanks for your work :)

Unfortunately the Linux version isn't working for me. I can't see a difference and F11 doesn't change anything either.

I'm assuming the reason is the dll overrides configuration in the runner options of the wine config in Lutris. What value do I have to put in there? I tried "n" and "b", but they don't change anything and when I put in "disabled" I'm not getting past the launcher window.

Edit: Adding the entries in winecfg didn't help either.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

xpander
Community Management

Post#706 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:51 pm

Brickson wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:05 pm Thanks for your work :)

Unfortunately the Linux version isn't working for me. I can't see a difference and F11 doesn't change anything either.

I'm assuming the reason is the dll overrides configuration in the runner options of the wine config in Lutris. What value do I have to put in there? I tried "n" and "b", but they don't change anything and when I put in "disabled" I'm not getting past the launcher window.

Edit: Adding the entries in winecfg didn't help either.
Hmm, does home key bring up the reshade menu or it doesnt seem to load at all?
Can you try the older version i linked few posts ago, with the video tutorial? (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13&start=690#p513764)
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Sildur

Post#707 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:57 pm

Could it be the d3d9.dll file? That's the dxvk file, from a different branch with async support.

xpander
Community Management

Post#708 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:05 am

Ohh yeah. It doesn't seem to load with that d3d9.dll file. Even though the async dxvk works fine on linux, but this dll doesn't for some reason. probably because Lutris hooks up the dxvk files different way. So yeah do not copy the d3d9.dll and also you dont need the dxvk.conf file as Lutris install script provides that automatically also.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Faldrino

Post#709 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:11 am

Hey Sildur! I've been trying for ages to get it working, and I've followed your guide to a T, but the shaders just don't seem to load in. I'm just short off re-installing RoR to see if I've messed it up somehow. I think it might be the registry file path that I needed to edit that I've maybe messed up? But I'm not 100% sure. Do you have any advice?

Sildur

Post#710 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:30 am

Updated the linux version without version change, delete d3d9.dll and dxvk.conf if your coming from an earlier version.