Recent Topics

Ads

Want a free digital portrait of your character? Read here!

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Archexecutor

Want a free digital portrait of your character? Read here!

Post#1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:07 pm

Aloha!

I'm the infamous fail-marauder/fail-fan-artist of old Karak Norn. I've had a single regret ever since the game's original shutdown - I never managed to ding RR98+ and to check out the models of the RR98 weapons for the marauder. They used to drop from blue capital city bags. I logged in once during the final week, hoping to get the free boost to 100, but alas, nobody told me the bloody booster mob was in Chaos Wastes, and not in IC. So, short on time IRL, I said goodbye, uninstalled, and left it at that.

Now it seems I might have an opportunity to fulfill my wish, seeing as how people are digging into the game's source files with great success. So here's how you could benefit from this:

Provide me with a zoomed in screenshot of characters wielding all RR98 chaos weapons, especially the marauder's maces/picks, etc (I'm sufficiently familiar with the RR100 glowy weapons, so those are not necessary.). Multiple views from different angles preferred. The first person to do so will get a free art request from yours truly. Your character (or a character of your choice) portrayed in a heroic stance, in grayscale, with minimal background, for free, in full print-friendly resolution.

Examples can be found here.

Also, I may choose additional people for free art slots at my discretion, if they provide me with previously unposted rare weapon/armor models from ingame :)

I'm self-taught and painting is just a hobby for me, but I like to think that I'm at least semi-decent at it :)
So here's hoping we can enter a mutually beneficial arrangement.

PS And because I know some people are too lazy to click, here's some lowish rez examples:

Ads
wiscel

Re: Want a free digital portrait of your character? Read her

Post#2 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Nice work!
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Nekkma

Re: Want a free digital portrait of your character? Read her

Post#3 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:33 am

Hi Arch,

Are you playing here or only fishing for screenshots? Anyhow, nice to see you again! On a sidenote you should totally add your best portrait of a certain gobbo!
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron