Recent Topics

Ads

Help installing the game - 2019 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Technical Support Sticky first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

READ THEM THOROUGHLY.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
dzenkun

Re: Help installing the game - 2019 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Post#41 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:27 am

Hello, I’m trying to play, but I can’t start the launcher, I click on it and nothing happens with administrator rights

Ads
yuurei94

Post#42 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:54 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to install this game off and on for the better part of this year, to no avail. I keep running into the same problem each time that didn't exist prior to me playing a year or so ago.

To start off: I download the game straight from the Torrent and wait until it finishes. I close the whole Torrent client down, move the WAR folder to my desktop, make sure that it is 'read only', and proceed to open the launcher.

This is where the trouble begins; the launcher doesn't actually download anything. It will only say 'downloading manifest', then proceed to verify everything in the game (audio files, assets, etc). Once it completes this, I will get an error message telling me that there was some sort of socket error and that it was unable to connect.

This is interesting because I've had previous issues like this with Everquest clients where they were trying to connect to the patch server, but came up with a socket error. To this end, I researched a fix for it, and fix it I did. There was an issue with the proxy server on my computer, so I essentially disabled the proxy server (LOTRO also had issues with its own proxy server when trying to patch), and it was able to patch. But WAR dos not patch.

So maybe there was an issues with InstallShield Update Manager, which would interfere with my server connections to WoW private servers. So I made sure that was closed out, but WAR still will not connect.

If there's anyone who may have a fix for my issues, I would be deeply grateful. I just learned that Warhammer: The Old World is going to release sometime just yesterday, and I wanted to celebrate by playing some of my favourite Warhammer Fantasy games.

Here are the screenshots I've taken:
Spoiler:
Cyannebar Whitemoon - Archmage
Feleruilbar Dragonfury - Shadow Warrior
Tonaan Mistwalker - Swordmaster

Le'uvall Palefire - Sorcerer
Cinlaethe Soulrender - Disciple of Khaine
Morathe Bloodkiss - Witch Elf

Acidic

Post#43 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:51 pm

yuurei94 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:54 pm
Hello,

I've been trying to install this game off and on for the better part of this year, to no avail. I keep running into the same problem each time that didn't exist prior to me playing a year or so ago.

To start off: I download the game straight from the Torrent and wait until it finishes. I close the whole Torrent client down, move the WAR folder to my desktop, make sure that it is 'read only', and proceed to open the launcher.

This is where the trouble begins; the launcher doesn't actually download anything. It will only say 'downloading manifest', then proceed to verify everything in the game (audio files, assets, etc). Once it completes this, I will get an error message telling me that there was some sort of socket error and that it was unable to connect.

This is interesting because I've had previous issues like this with Everquest clients where they were trying to connect to the patch server, but came up with a socket error. To this end, I researched a fix for it, and fix it I did. There was an issue with the proxy server on my computer, so I essentially disabled the proxy server (LOTRO also had issues with its own proxy server when trying to patch), and it was able to patch. But WAR dos not patch.

So maybe there was an issues with InstallShield Update Manager, which would interfere with my server connections to WoW private servers. So I made sure that was closed out, but WAR still will not connect.

If there's anyone who may have a fix for my issues, I would be deeply grateful. I just learned that Warhammer: The Old World is going to release sometime just yesterday, and I wanted to celebrate by playing some of my favourite Warhammer Fantasy games.

Spoiler:
Best I can think is maybe network related , worth trying vpn
This seems to help with a few network sins.
I not great with them so can’t help on which one or how to use

yuurei94

Post#44 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Acidic wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:51 pm
yuurei94 wrote:
Hello,

Spoiler:
I could certainly try that. I’ll try anything at this point. I have spent so much time on this game in the past and miss my characters far too much to just let it all go as the dust on a solar wind.

I’ll let the forum know if it works or not. Sacrifice a goat for me in the meantime, please.
Cyannebar Whitemoon - Archmage
Feleruilbar Dragonfury - Shadow Warrior
Tonaan Mistwalker - Swordmaster

Le'uvall Palefire - Sorcerer
Cinlaethe Soulrender - Disciple of Khaine
Morathe Bloodkiss - Witch Elf

Acidic

Post#45 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:52 pm

yuurei94 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:07 pm
Acidic wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:51 pm
yuurei94 wrote:
Hello,

Spoiler:
I could certainly try that. I’ll try anything at this point. I have spent so much time on this game in the past and miss my characters far too much to just let it all go as the dust on a solar wind.

I’ll let the forum know if it works or not. Sacrifice a goat for me in the meantime, please.
Could not find any goats but hope that the Dwarf we sacrificed last night is sufficent

FilyaSan

Post#46 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm

I can’t get into the game. I read all of your instructions. Well, I didn’t feel anything. Help me.

FilyaSan

Post#47 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm

but I didn’t succeed