Recent Topics

Ads

Authentication failed

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Jounce

Re: Authentication failed

Post#31 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:52 am

Having the same problem. Any other ideas on a fix? Tried the VPN, un click read only etc... still no worky

Ads
Alvadar65

Post#32 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:08 am

I fixed the problem on my end. Made this little helper to aid people. Obviously you should make sure to follow any prior steps in regards to the installation first. https://i.imgur.com/VarlflE.png

Edit* scratch that I just got lucky and logged in once I did this but then it went back to not working

Cubitus

Post#33 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:57 pm

I remember friends encountering this problem back in the "vanilla" days of Age of Reckoning. I never encountered this problem myself, until now :evil: . For 3 days I have tried everything, even searching the old cached solutions from back then. No technical gimmick works for me.

Only thing that works for me is switching to another connection. My PC is hooked up to a router via cable and that router has a fiber connection behind it. Using this primary connection I get nowhere, and it doesn't matter how much "Patience" I practice, 10 or 100 times the result is the same. But when I switch to my phone's portable WiFi hotspot the game connects instantly on 1st try, always and every day. Go figure. :?:

To me it seems like a router/ISP issue. I've forwarded WO:RoR's needed ports on my router to my PCs static IP, but to no success. I haven't tried using a VPN, but I don't see the point either.
DoK @ WO:AoR 2008
WP @ WO:RoR 2020 :?:

lordsimon3

Post#34 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:57 am

Same issue here.

Works fine on my old laptop, doesn't on my main desktop. Same router, same connection, both Win10, both using Windows firewall/defender. I've tried closing steam like someone suggested, uninstalled some cpu-z motherboard utility, tweaked graphic settings. I think a few others have said it works on a laptop but not desktop. It's literally using the same install (just copied from my desktop via USB) so I know that's fine.

lordsimon3

Post#35 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 pm

Another update. I disabled my nic, connected to wireless from my desktop (Micro-ATX motherboard) and it works. Same PC everything, just wireless vs Ethernet.

Cubitus

Post#36 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:10 pm

lordsimon3 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 pm Another update. I disabled my nic, connected to wireless from my desktop (Micro-ATX motherboard) and it works. Same PC everything, just wireless vs Ethernet.
That's interesting. I had to try it for myself in hopes of getting my primary connection to work with WO:RoR. I disabled my NIC for Ethernet and connected via WiFi to same network but it doesn't work for me. Only solution to work for me seems to be using a different connection (in my case a WiFi hotspot from phone).
DoK @ WO:AoR 2008
WP @ WO:RoR 2020 :?:

kevdotcom

Post#37 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:12 pm

I think I have solved it!
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it:

- Go to your network adapter settings
- Right click your main adapter and choose properties
- Click on configure and go to the "advanced" tab
- Go to something called "speed & duplex" (might differ, I'm using german windows 10)
- Set it to 10Mbit/s Half-Duplex

Alozar

Post#38 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:49 am

I think I have solved it!
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it:

- Go to your network adapter settings
- Right click your main adapter and choose properties
- Click on configure and go to the "advanced" tab
- Go to something called "speed & duplex" (might differ, I'm using german windows 10)
- Set it to 10Mbit/s Half-Duplex
Sadly this did not work.

Ads
BaldBaBoon

Post#39 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:23 pm

Hello all.

I have this same problem with the authentication failing at login screen.

I have tried what i believe as every tip, trick suggested on the forums but to no avail.

Will check back once in a while to see if there is a solution.

Xanaero

Post#40 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:02 pm

I am also having this issue. I have tried connecting via VPN to UK. Tried ethernet and wireless. Nothing worked. Have not tried my phone hotspot but that is frustrating if that is the only way to get the game to work.

*UPDATE* This is just a login error. I viewed another post found here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889

I watched the video and the person tried at least 6 times until the launcher verified and connected. I attempted this and on my second launch of the game it connected. If you don't see white scrolling text in the black box on the right in the first 3 seconds then quit game and click connect again. Keep trying this until it connects.