Recent Topics

Ads

High CPU usage and sound interrupts/cracks

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Edelvises

High CPU usage and sound interrupts/cracks

Post#1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:08 am

Hello, english not my native language, but i will try.
When i am play ROR, i can see high CPU usage, sometimes my sound(all sound even music from internet radio) is crakling and interrupt.
I have no problem with other games, it is just with ROR only.
I have updated drivers, DX, Mobo, etc.
My PC spec - i5 4670, 16gbRAM, 780gtx win7-64bit.
Last edited by Edelvises on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
FuatKoseoglu

Re: High CPU usage and sound interrupt

Post#2 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:21 pm

I use i7 4770k,16gb Ram and 780gtx windows 10. Game runs smooth. It could be because of game's coruppted data. I would advise redownloading it again.

vove

Post#3 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:26 pm

FuatKoseoglu wrote:I use i7 4770k,16gb Ram and 780gtx windows 10. Game runs smooth. It could be because of game's coruppted data. I would advise redownloading it again.
Or because of having the computer infected with a variety of malware. As we could see in last days users don't care all that much about their security.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Edelvises wrote:Hello, english not my native language, but i will try.
When i am play ROR, i can see high CPU usage, sometimes my sound(all sound even music from internet radio) is crakling and interrupt.
I have no problem with other games, it is just with ROR only.
I have updated drivers, DX, Mobo, etc.
My PC spec - i5 4670, 16gbRAM, 780gtx.

For most MMORPGS it is normal that they consume tons of cou power while your graphics card falls asleep most of the time. I run it on an i5-4690k (4x4Ghz) and it consumes all of it when there are many players on the screen.
Same for Guild wars 2.

vove

Post#5 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:39 pm

saupreusse wrote:For most MMORPGS it is normal that they consume tons of cou power
This is not normal at all for any mmo.

Besides check the requirements for Warhammer Online- 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent · 1 Gigabyte RAM · A 128 MB Video Card

Keep in mind it's game from 2008.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:45 pm

vove wrote:
saupreusse wrote:For most MMORPGS it is normal that they consume tons of cou power
This is not normal at all for any mmo.

Besides check the requirements for Warhammer Online- 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent · 1 Gigabyte RAM · A 128 MB Video Card

Keep in mind it's game from 2008.
it was for guild wars 2... it got better with the new 64 bit beta launcher.(devs knew for so long that their game consumed **** tons of cpu)
Yeah i know its insanely high. but as soon as 100+ players are on the map, even old games like war consume insane amounts of cpu.
i think its more about the amount of players and less about how good the graphics are. even wow can consume a shitload if theres alot going on.

vove

Post#7 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:56 pm

I never faced such problems and when I was playing gw2 it was on my i5-3570.

Only problem I faced with that game was disappearing players in WvWvW due to the ultra graphics settings but this was an error on Arenanet's side, not mine.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:58 pm

vove wrote:I never faced such problems and when I was playing gw2 it was on my i5-3570.

Only problem I faced with that game was disappearing players in WvWvW due to the ultra graphics settings but this was an error on Arenanet's side, not mine.
dont know i always played on max settings. and the character model draw distance and cahracter model textures/animations made my cpu cry, while my gpu was chillin.

Ads
Edelvises

Post#9 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:02 pm

saupreusse wrote: For most MMORPGS it is normal that they consume tons of cou power while your graphics card falls asleep most of the time. I run it on an i5-4690k (4x4Ghz) and it consumes all of it when there are many players on the screen.
Same for Guild wars 2.
vove wrote:
FuatKoseoglu wrote:I use i7 4770k,16gb Ram and 780gtx windows 10. Game runs smooth. It could be because of game's coruppted data. I would advise redownloading it again.
Or because of having the computer infected with a variety of malware. As we could see in last days users don't care all that much about their security.
Not infected. Nod32+Malwarebytes. As i said problem ONLY with ROR. Btw i have GW2 and played it much, no such problems.
I played many another singles and mmo.

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#10 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:13 pm

I know it's probably not the cause, but do you have sorting turned on in your bags? If so, un-check it - it causes major FPS issues as per https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/2028
Github / Tighub / Stack