Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Agaston

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1791 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "E:\WarHammerOnline\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
bei RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
bei RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

Ads
Agaston

Post#1792 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "E:\WarHammerOnline\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
bei RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
bei RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

Ley
Former Staff

Post#1793 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Right click on your war folder an untick the read only thingy.

Xolaxsay

Post#1794 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:20 am

Hello, I have the same problem and error note text as Keanu in the quote below, except my game starts, but it seems like it can't find the server. I can't see my characters. I have downloaded the game client in German.

Following Ley's advice didn't help:
When typing "lodctr /r", it says the INI file \r wasn't found.
When typing "lodctr /e:PerfProc", it says the INI file /e:PerfProc wasn't found.

I have disabled read-only and run it with admin privileges. I didn't help. I did however notice the folder keeps reverting to read-only by itself whereas the files within are not read-only (and weren't before, I think). I didn't download the game client with Torrent. I think I tried all the advice from the stickied threads, but maybe missed something.

Could the download of the game client be broken and I should download it again?
Ley wrote:
Keanu wrote:Hi together. I am trying since hours to install Warhammer. After solving diverse problems i got stucked in here now.
Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Die Kategorie ist nicht vorhanden.
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
bei MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
bei RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

While this comes, Warhammer does start and comes as a black screen with 99 fps. Version 1.4.8
I am installing Warhammer in German.
So: Die Kategorie ist nicht vorhanden means The category is not available.
And bei means at.
Thanks for your help!
You need to rebuild performance counters. How to manually rebuild performance counters:
1- Go to start, and type in the search box "cmd". Right click cmd, and run as administrator.
2- Type in the command console, "cd c:\windows\system32", and hit enter.
3- Then type "lodctr /r", and hit enter.

It will take a few seconds to perform the command.Performance counters should be rebuilt. Try starting the game again.

If that does not work, type
CODE: SELECT ALL
lodctr /e:PerfProc
instead.

Xolaxsay

Post#1795 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:40 pm

My problem is kind of solved. This error message still occurs ("The category does not exist."):

Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Die Kategorie ist nicht vorhanden.
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
bei MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
bei RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

But the game does connect to the server.
I have copied the game folder from my friend's computer to my computer. I'm just wondering why there is an error message, when the game works (properly from what I see, haven't fully tested it yet).

joshdhorn

Post#1796 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 pm

This is the error I get, it gives me this error but still loads the client. I can't create a character or anything like that.

EDIT: Resolved, had to move a file.

Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\josh_\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning (English)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\josh_\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning (English)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

TheGamingSlash

Performance check?

Post#1797 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:13 am

I can't create or start a character, how do i do the performance check?

TheGamingSlash

Post#1798 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:28 am

Which file to i move to create a character?

Ads
TheGamingSlash

Post#1799 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:35 am

joshdhorn wrote:This is the error I get, it gives me this error but still loads the client. I can't create a character or anything like that.

EDIT: Resolved, had to move a file.

Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\josh_\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning (English)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\josh_\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning (English)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

What do i move and how?

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#1800 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Try using this launcher.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)