Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Lugg

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1861 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm

https://imgur.com/a/LlAvu

error 404 file not found when i want to download the client

Ads
nibbles

Post#1862 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:01 pm

@Vakko
Make a Warhammer Directory in the Root of C Drive ( C:\Warhammer\. ) and then Download / Move the game and launcher into this new directory. Right click into the Properties of new folder C:\Warhammer and make sure Read Only is not ticked and OK passed any messages for all files.
ReRun the RoRLauncher from the new folder to bypass the uac

Zeranium

Post#1863 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:26 pm

Good day, I have been working my best to try and this this to work and I have been successful up until now. Now I am getting a lovely error saying it cant not start properly. I took a snip of the exact error it has been giving me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you kind Gents

arda64

Post#1864 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Data.myp:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\data.myp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData(Byte[] data)
i cant open

saupreusse
Developer

Post#1865 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Right click your folder > properties > uncheck read only > apply to all files.

gilidon

Post#1866 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:23 am

Hello there,
Both links for the Launcher are unavailabie for me and I believe I'm not alone, the first gives me an error and the second says the owner removed it. The video guide from viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16495 directs to a page for the Launcher that exist no more and I've been a bit lost trying to find a second source. Could be possible a reupgraded link or other one that haven't be quoted here? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Gilidon

saupreusse
Developer

Post#1867 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:41 am

im currently cleaning up the download process. we just provided 2 fresh new download links (torrent and MEGA) right here https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php#download.
If you already have the game and are only looking for the launcher use the link provided in the first post on this site: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16#p73
Place the launcher inside your game folder (where the WAR.exe is located) and run it. You might need to right click the folder > properties > uncheck read only > apply to all files.

Izkimar

Post#1868 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:41 am

This is the error I am getting.

Could not connect to Login server
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Spigger\Desktop\data.myp'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Spigger\Desktop\data.myp'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.SendCheck()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Connect()

Ads
Kamikoto

Post#1869 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'D:\uTorrent\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)

Izkimar

Post#1870 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:53 pm

So idk what's happening. But my WAR folder keeps returning to read only, and the launcher can't find data.myp.

However, when I do a fresh restart, I am able to make it read only and launch the game. Yet, whenever I close the game I have to restart my PC again to be able to launch it.

Any thoughts?