Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Odinson22

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1801 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Data.myp:
System.Exception: You need to stop application currently using the following file: data.myp

at MYPHandler.MYPHandler.WriteFileToArchive(FileInArchive archFile, MemoryStream MS)

at MYPHandler.MYPHandler.ReplaceFile(FileInArchive archFile, FileStream newFile)

at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()
this is the message i keep getting any help?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#1802 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Odinson22 wrote:Data.myp:
System.Exception: You need to stop application currently using the following file: data.myp

at MYPHandler.MYPHandler.WriteFileToArchive(FileInArchive archFile, MemoryStream MS)

at MYPHandler.MYPHandler.ReplaceFile(FileInArchive archFile, FileStream newFile)

at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()
this is the message i keep getting any help?
You need to stop the application currently using that file. Torrent probably.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

jTw1n

Post#1803 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:53 am

Downloaded the game and installed everything as instructed the launcher seems to load, I can login the game loads through the starting screens then shows loading, then a box pops up to accept terms of service I'm guessing for an instant and the game closes back to desktop. Any idea what this issue is?

Elven
Former Staff

Post#1804 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:27 am

The direct download links may "go down" today. This is because the primary site I used to host the links still hasn't come back online (so I presume it's dead) and I've been temporarily hosting them on my personal cloud storage which has a data cap.

I'll resolve it later when I'm back home.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#1805 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Download links are live once more.

fuelycuely

Post#1806 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Same error, tried "solutions" posted in the sticky....nothing works, wasted all day downloading this PoS! thanks for nothing (really wish this wasn't the only choice for a WaR server...R.I.P game)

Go ahead and ban me, I deleted the client and I'm never wasting bandwidth downloading it again. maybe get your **** together admins???? :|

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#1807 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:59 pm

fuelycuely wrote:Same error, tried "solutions" posted in the sticky....nothing works, wasted all day downloading this PoS! thanks for nothing (really wish this wasn't the only choice for a WaR server...R.I.P game)

Go ahead and ban me, I deleted the client and I'm never wasting bandwidth downloading it again. maybe get your **** together admins???? :|
Good first post. Quality stuff here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wetham101

Post#1808 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:07 am

Trying to launch game. I have a system error but still launches the game only to main screen where it does not direct me to server list nor character selection screen. I have done several problem solving and still having to go in circles with this game. Please dont tell me either "Have i selected read-only off" lol. But also i had this game running fine on my windows 7 pc. Ive upgrade my whole pc with windows 10. I also installed DX9 so im not sure what the problem is.

Ads
bloodknighty

Post#1809 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:46 pm

hi im having two issues, i managed to download the game fine but I cant get the patch to work and I cant get ROR launcher to work either. the rorlauncher is giving me this message

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

the patcher is giving me this error message (sorry it wouldnt go in attachments for some reason) The pathc client was unable to update the file [D:downloads\warhammer online - age of reckoing\warpatch.bin] (0 total errors encountered) please ensure the game in not already running and there is free space available on the disk.

Meneer1234

Post#1810 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:08 am

bloodknighty wrote:hi im having two issues, i managed to download the game fine but I cant get the patch to work and I cant get ROR launcher to work either. the rorlauncher is giving me this message

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

the patcher is giving me this error message (sorry it wouldnt go in attachments for some reason) The pathc client was unable to update the file [D:downloads\warhammer online - age of reckoing\warpatch.bin] (0 total errors encountered) please ensure the game in not already running and there is free space available on the disk.
Try to run the game as Administrator. I remember when it still didnt work you need to download 1 other file. But you need to look for that on the forums somewhere. (maybe this topic)