Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
cor

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1941 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:12 pm

I played this game in the past. Now with win10 i tryied to reinstall it, i downloaded the launcher, the files from torrent.. but when i lauch the game it say:

Code: Select all

Language:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Il file 'C:\Users\user\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\user\UserSettings.xml' non è stato trovato.
Nome file: 'C:\Users\user\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\user\UserSettings.xml'
   in System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   in System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   in System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   in System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   in System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
   in RoRLauncher.ConfigWindow.ReadLanguage()
I run as admin but i cant uncheck the read only thing, it always come back.. is that the problem? i tryied to take all the modify security following a guide but isnt working

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#1942 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:19 pm

cor wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:12 pm I played this game in the past. Now with win10 i tryied to reinstall it, i downloaded the launcher, the files from torrent.. but when i lauch the game it say:

Code: Select all

Language:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Il file 'C:\Users\user\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\user\UserSettings.xml' non è stato trovato.
Nome file: 'C:\Users\user\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\user\UserSettings.xml'
   in System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   in System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   in System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   in System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   in System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
   in RoRLauncher.ConfigWindow.ReadLanguage()
I run as admin but i cant uncheck the read only thing, it always come back.. is that the problem? i tryied to take all the modify security following a guide but isnt working
I would suggest not have the game on the desktop but to have it somewhere else on the hard drive. But also if you have the read only issue check:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889

There is a powershell method there if you dont get it working the normal way.

Godsdemon03

Post#1943 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 pm

I let it re DL the files I already have on my system that was working before the latest patch with no problems and when it got to the 130k ish files it crashed. (3 days of DLing) Apparently nothing was saved and now it wants me to ReDL all the files again. If there isn't some kind of fix I might have to just bow out of the community. There isn't that much "fun" to be had during my prime time hours to warrant this the patcher kicking out and all the other headaches that I didn't have before hand.

Uruwar

Post#1944 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:16 pm

I downloaded d3dx9_34.dll file and the game ran fine. then I logged out to fix something and it started the whole downloading manifest stuff again, so I went to redownload the d3 file to see if that would help and now direct x says I already have the file which is true but why isn't the game running then?

Uruwar

Post#1945 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 am

So i got the game to work but whenever i exit the launcher it makes me do the whole download manifest thing all over again why is that?

Philsky

Post#1946 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:44 am

I am having the same issue as Uruwar with 60,000 files that need downloading. It takes a very long time (days) and if the servers ever go down I have to start all over again.

I am eager to join the community and play. Does anyone have a solution to this or know what I am doing wrong? I've gone through some of the youtube videos and guides on here but the ones I found do not seem to mention this at all. Can you think of anything I missed that would cause this? Is there any way to circumvent it?

Thank you in advance for any help I receive!

Elven
Former Staff

Post#1947 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:49 am

I host my copy of the game. Here's a link to it:

http://pc.cd/bHq7

CountTalabecland

Post#1948 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Philsky wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:44 am I am having the same issue as Uruwar with 60,000 files that need downloading. It takes a very long time (days) and if the servers ever go down I have to start all over again.

I am eager to join the community and play. Does anyone have a solution to this or know what I am doing wrong? I've gone through some of the youtube videos and guides on here but the ones I found do not seem to mention this at all. Can you think of anything I missed that would cause this? Is there any way to circumvent it?

Thank you in advance for any help I receive!
downloading a newer copy of the game such as Elven has posted above is essential. It shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes to download that whole thing. The download off the RoR website does not work so any time it says it is downloading 60,000 odd patch items then something is wrong.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Philsky

Post#1949 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Hey! Thank you both! That was the solution! I've been enjoying RoR for the past hour or so! Looking forward to playing with you guys in the future!

Calyptian

Post#1950 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am

İ think i quit! i cant play this game. Always endless downloading even if i tried to elven's copy.