Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
YoGSoLiDiS

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1821 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Getting this error:

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

EDIT: I fixed the issue by taking read-only off the folder. I also moved the folder to Program Files (x86).

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Post#1822 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Good work.

Reminder: All these common issues are covered in the FAQ, which is linked at the top of all the topics in the technical support forum. I urge all people who need support checking the sticky before posting.

Here's the link for those who can't figure it out: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889

Kaeartes

Post#1823 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:07 am

Hi again. I have tried everything on the sticky and several other suggestions. I have redownloaded from different sources and have used different versions of the launcher. I can get the game to launch, however there is no character creator when the game loads and it will crash after 10 secs with an authentification error. Any suggestions?

Ukraven

Post#1824 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi Guys,

Trying to install the game, came across a few hurdles which were resolved by following the FAQ's, stickies etc but have ground to a halt.

Everything looks fine, servers are green, lets me press connect but after that the game opens to a blank Char select screen with this message in a pop up window:

Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'D:\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

I have seen this in the troubleshooting threads and all it says to do is try downloading an unpacked version which I have done and it doesn't rectify the issue. Tried multiple times to no avail and this is the only fix in the threads I can see.

I just want to kill some stunties, can anybody help?

Many thanks

Ukraven

Post#1825 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:48 pm

joshdhorn wrote:This is the error I get, it gives me this error but still loads the client. I can't create a character or anything like that.

EDIT: Resolved, had to move a file.

Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\josh_\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning (English)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\josh_\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning (English)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()
Just resolved, the file you need to move is the 'mythloginserviceconfig.xml from the ROR launcher folder into the WAR folder

Kaeartes

Post#1826 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:05 am

I still have the issue of no character creator when the game starts and I have mythloginserviceconfig.xml in the main WAR folder. Is there any help at all someone can give me? I have tried ever other solution on the troubleshooter and as many as I have been able to find on this forum and not a single one has worked

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#1827 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:22 pm

Kaeartes wrote:I still have the issue of no character creator when the game starts and I have mythloginserviceconfig.xml in the main WAR folder. Is there any help at all someone can give me? I have tried ever other solution on the troubleshooter and as many as I have been able to find on this forum and not a single one has worked
You've tried everything in the sticky? That's literally our entire list of secret troubleshooting steps.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kaeartes

Post#1828 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:40 am

Yeah everything in the sticky, and other solutions that others suggested that may have been applicable. The issue I get is just like on the Patience video you have on there but I have tried 20 times in a row to get the launcher to work correctly but always have the same result. I haven't got character creator once, and I have opened the game close to a hundred times now. Was really looking forward to resurrecting my knight and slapping some fools with a two-handed sword. I'll keep trying but if there aren't any other suggestions then I suppose I am screwed

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#1829 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:58 pm

The Patience video is intended for times when we are seeing DDOS issues, I'll clarify that in the sticky. There are other factors that cause the same issue, largely not being able to connect to the game server. Try using a VPN if you're sure you've got everything else in the sticky covered.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kaeartes

Post#1830 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:26 am

Finally got a vpn to work. Had tried a couple but none worked before. Finally got a chance to smack some Chaos scum. Thanks for the help