Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Ley
Former Staff

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1751 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Keanu wrote:Hi
Finally i can now join in the main menu. In the main menu I can't create a charackter. What is now the problem?
(And also the grafik settings are changing to standart after I close the Game. How can i fix this?)
Before the main menu starts there comes this error:
Data.myp:
System.Exception: You need to stop application currently using the following file: data.myp
bei MYPHandler.MYPHandler.WriteFileToArchive(FileInArchive archFile, MemoryStream MS)
bei MYPHandler.MYPHandler.ReplaceFile(FileInArchive archFile, FileStream newFile)
bei RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()
Read the post above yours ^^

Ads
Sweden172

Post#1752 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:59 am

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\Neuer Ordner (2)\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

I downloaded everything whats the problem?

Sweden172

Post#1753 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:28 am

WAR is not working?
Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\Neuer Ordner (2)\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

Ley
Former Staff

Post#1754 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:23 am

Sweden172 wrote:WAR is not working?
Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!

Unblock the launcher. (right click RoRLauncher.exe -> properties -> click Unblock button)

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.

If you used the torrent to download the game, the torrent application may still be using the files. Either copy the entire WAR folder to a new location (if you wish to continue supporting the torrent), or move the entire WAR folder to another location to break access to the torrent.

data.myp is read only!

Same solution as above.

Sweden172

Post#1755 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Ty so much it works !
Love you ! No homo <3 XD

mikealltogether

Post#1756 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 am

I am still recieving the following error when I open the launcher, though it shows the error the game will still open the text box will be blank and the only buttons I see are the cinematic, credits, and settings buttons, I've tried all the tricks from the original suggestions and I'm still getthing the error

Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\mike\Desktop\warhammer\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\mike\Desktop\warhammer\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

Gerv
Banned

Post#1757 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:28 am

mikealltogether wrote:I am still recieving the following error when I open the launcher, though it shows the error the game will still open the text box will be blank and the only buttons I see are the cinematic, credits, and settings buttons, I've tried all the tricks from the original suggestions and I'm still getthing the error

Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\mike\Desktop\warhammer\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\mike\Desktop\warhammer\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()
Read the stickied thread, try the solution listed under Launcher > Could not find file ... mythloginserviceconfig.xml : > and replace the launcher with the unpacked one. Then re-launch. Make sure you have it all installed and located in the same folder.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

mikealltogether

Post#1758 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:24 am

Tried it, no change

Ads
botcuttercx

Post#1759 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:16 am

I followed the Client installation instruction step by step, but if i want to login with the RoRLauncher it says Invalid Username/Password. Already tried to set new password, but still get this message. The Forum login works.
help me ????

NeverForget

Post#1760 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi

I get this
Error starting: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se pudo encontrar el archivo 'C:\Users\Dairon\Desktop\WAR.exe'.
Nombre de archivo: 'C:\Users\Dairon\Desktop\WAR.exe'
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
en RoRLauncher.Hash.GetMd5HashFromFile(String fileName)
en RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
en RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

I tried what you posted about cmd, putting the command and rebuilding the counter (or whatever is that), and I still dont know what to do. Can you help me, please?