Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
jbergmann

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1741 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:45 pm

When I try to log into game this appears
Error starting: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.291\WAR.exe'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.291\WAR.exe'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Hash.GetMd5HashFromFile(String fileName)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#1742 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:57 am

you have put the game into a temp directory wich prbly got deleted.

you need to unzip the downloaded file into a normal directory on you pc and put the launcher in the same directory as the game itself.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

vontasseul

Post#1743 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello evrybody,

I'm a fan of this game and i really want to join the order !!! but i have the same problem with jbergman ? pleas help me :)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#1744 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:58 pm

vontasseul wrote:Hello evrybody,

I'm a fan of this game and i really want to join the order !!! but i have the same problem with jbergman ? pleas help me :)
If you have the same problem, he was already answered.

Also, this sticky has all the answers to each error we know of.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889

That's what the huge red section with words is for. Maybe we need to make it flashing with arrows pointing at it...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ironwolf87

Post#1745 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:18 am

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Ghost\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
how do I fix this

Ley
Former Staff

Post#1746 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:26 am

Ironwolf87 wrote:Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Ghost\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
how do I fix this
Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!

Unblock the launcher. (right click RoRLauncher.exe -> properties -> click Unblock button)

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.

If you used the torrent to download the game, the torrent application may still be using the files. Either copy the entire WAR folder to a new location (if you wish to continue supporting the torrent), or move the entire WAR folder to another location to break access to the torrent.

Keanu

Post#1747 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi together. I am trying since hours to install Warhammer. After solving diverse problems i got stucked in here now.
Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Die Kategorie ist nicht vorhanden.
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
bei MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
bei RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

While this comes, Warhammer does start and comes as a black screen with 99 fps. Version 1.4.8
I am installing Warhammer in German.
So: Die Kategorie ist nicht vorhanden means The category is not available.
And bei means at.
Thanks for your help!
Tufz Tufz

Ley
Former Staff

Post#1748 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Keanu wrote:Hi together. I am trying since hours to install Warhammer. After solving diverse problems i got stucked in here now.
Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Die Kategorie ist nicht vorhanden.
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
bei MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
bei RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

While this comes, Warhammer does start and comes as a black screen with 99 fps. Version 1.4.8
I am installing Warhammer in German.
So: Die Kategorie ist nicht vorhanden means The category is not available.
And bei means at.
Thanks for your help!
You need to rebuild performance counters. How to manually rebuild performance counters:
1- Go to start, and type in the search box "cmd". Right click cmd, and run as administrator.
2- Type in the command console, "cd c:\windows\system32", and hit enter.
3- Then type "lodctr /r", and hit enter.

It will take a few seconds to perform the command.Performance counters should be rebuilt. Try starting the game again.

If that does not work, type
CODE: SELECT ALL
lodctr /e:PerfProc
instead.

Ads
Ley
Former Staff

Post#1749 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Unblock the launcher. (right click RoRLauncher.exe -> properties -> click Unblock button)

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.

If you used the torrent to download the game, the torrent application may still be using the files. Either copy the entire WAR folder to a new location (if you wish to continue supporting the torrent), or move the entire WAR folder to another location to break access to the torrent.
Or try to download and extract all files in your WAR folder
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... FCn4UIAQ77 in

Keanu

Post#1750 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Thanks for the great support! Now everything works fine.
Last edited by Keanu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tufz Tufz