Recent Topics

Ads

Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Post#31 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:37 pm

freshour wrote:I just want to use Dom again... and not have to use Dawm.... I've been Dom in games for YEARS, so weird it has never been taken until now.
Dom? Short for the common name "Dominic?" Also a common shorthand term for the word "Dominant," often used as a title in a BDSM context?

I'm not surprised it was taken, I'm surprised you managed to claim it in any other game, ever.

Ads
Vayra

Post#32 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Yeah, Dom is a fairly common name I feel. I have, however, never seen the name Vayra be taken before in any MMO.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

freshour
Banned

Post#33 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Yeah exactly!!! You'd think it would always be taken. But I think everyone else thinks that haha. Also they are always into weird versions. Like Dom-isaurus, or Dom-trump or Dom-inator or Dom-possible...

I usually sweep in and snag Dom just about every single time :)

Tklees

Post#34 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:34 am

thankfully no one wanted to be Tklees, that scrub was awful, and I was able to steal his name and make him look 100x worse.

But seriously names on inactive accounts should definitely be freed up. Someone out there has zarbix and i know he wishes he had his name I can only imagine there are others out there that wish theres wasnt taken as well whom were original in there choice
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Gachimuchi

Post#35 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:52 am

Genisaurus wrote:Also a common shorthand term for the word "Dominant," often used as a title in a BDSM context?
♂Deep♂dark♂fantasies♂
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Pixie126

Post#36 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:34 am

I do wish I could have "Ramoth" back, but I will make do...Perhaps that person will decide they want to play again and do something with that baby white lion.
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

Penril

Post#37 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:14 am

Tklees wrote:thankfully no one wanted to be Tklees, that scrub was awful, and I was able to steal his name and make him look 100x worse.

But seriously names on inactive accounts should definitely be freed up. Someone out there has zarbix and i know he wishes he had his name I can only imagine there are others out there that wish theres wasnt taken as well whom were original in there choice
But what is Zarbixx gonna do if his name is freed... level a new BW named "Zarbix"?

If those names are ever freed, i hope it comes together with an option to rename our current characters. We were able to do this on live (for a price though). I hope someday we are able to do it here as well.

Dabbart

Post#38 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:42 am

Penril wrote:
Tklees wrote:thankfully no one wanted to be Tklees, that scrub was awful, and I was able to steal his name and make him look 100x worse.

But what is Zarbixx gonna do if his name is freed... level a new BW named "Zarbix"?

If those names are ever freed, i hope it comes together with an option to rename our current characters. We were able to do this on live (for a price though). I hope someday we are able to do it here as well.

Except we will have the exact same problem afterwards. The next day, some oldschool player will return and want a name that was just nabbed in the open lottery and complain.

If you haven't played any toon on an account within a year, I see no reason that your account should remain active.

I am against renaming a toon however. If you make a very particular impression with someone as a name, if you want to go as another name you should have to make and lvl an alt. If the name means so much that people want previous accounts and toons deleted due to inactivity, then you should put in the effort to level the damn thing. However, that is just my opinion.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Grimmrog

Post#39 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:34 pm

StormX2 wrote:yah when i logged in for the first time here, i made a huge grab for all teh names i could remember using lol
Sure if you had the luck to be one of the first logging in.

Many are just unhappy now with their names taken away. But thats something everyone has to deal withit on his own way.
I Figured out about the revival of Warhammer yesterday when soemoen wrote about it in the Steam Forum of Vermintide. Was happy with this, but then the name is taken and I guess this will simply not make me play Warhammer. Still nice to see the game continues, it deserves it, because it was a very good game.

Sometimes you are just too late.
Dabbart wrote: Except we will have the exact same problem afterwards. The next day, some oldschool player will return and want a name that was just nabbed in the open lottery and complain.

If you haven't played any toon on an account within a year, I see no reason that your account should remain active.

I am against renaming a toon however. If you make a very particular impression with someone as a name, if you want to go as another name you should have to make and lvl an alt. If the name means so much that people want previous accounts and toons deleted due to inactivity, then you should put in the effort to level the damn thing. However, that is just my opinion.
This Problem is created when the game didn't allowed at leats one blank in the characters name, It's cool that the game offers a First and a Family name. But the First name is still the unique identifier making the family name just a visual addition. A better solution would have been allowing one blank and along string to let people at character generation itself genrate a Name<blank>family name. Would have solved a ton of issues. Especially amongts dwarfes name recycling is rather common.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#40 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:41 pm

you wont play the game because your name was taken?

Sux, but oh well. The WAR will continue, RoR for Life!