Recent Topics

Ads

interface reset issue

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Thifall

interface reset issue

Post#1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:49 pm

Hello everyone,

So as topic suggests i go problem with Interface. To be exact: Whenever i log in or use /reloadui my whole interface (including addons) resets to default settings (1 hotbar, default positioning on screen, addons disabled etc). After hour of trying to fix issue i found that game client doesn't create certain files in my user/settings/... folder. I am missing CharacterSettings.xml file and ProfileSettings.xml, aswell every EA_xxx folder is empty.

Furthermore, every new created character or from another account has same issue, even on different machine everything works fine (after moving hotbars/other windows, reloging(or reloadui) doesn't reset it).

Was comparing files on both machines and nothing seems to be missing. Everything is checked and IS NOT read-only.

For now only solution i see is repeat download/unpacking procces.

Maybe you might find something else?

Ads
magicthighs
Former Staff

Re: interface reset issue

Post#2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Try deleting or renaming the user folder when the game's not running, it should all be created automatically next time you run the game.

Thifall

Post#3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Deleting "user" folder did not help. New folder was created, however issue hasn't been resolved.

Still missing file "CharacterSettings.xml" in "martyrs square/charname" folder and "ProfileSettings.xml" inside deeper "charname" folder. Also missing all of .xml settings files inside all of EA_xxx folders.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:01 pm

i have a similar issue. everytime i relog, my characters health bar is set back to its original place, even though im always centering it on the screen everytime.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#5 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:07 pm

saupreusse wrote:i have a similar issue. everytime i relog, my characters health bar is set back to its original place, even though im always centering it on the screen everytime.
Let me guess, you use shared profiles? I had the same problem, and it went away completely once I stopped using them.
Just configure your UI for one character, then copy the user setting folder for each character you have, and rename it to the name of that character.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:08 pm

magicthighs wrote:
saupreusse wrote:i have a similar issue. everytime i relog, my characters health bar is set back to its original place, even though im always centering it on the screen everytime.
Let me guess, you use shared profiles? I had the same problem, and it went away completely once I stopped using them.
Just configure your UI for one character, then copy the user setting folder for each character you have, and rename it to the name of that character.
gonna try it out! thanks

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#7 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Thifall wrote:Deleting "user" folder did not help. New folder was created, however issue hasn't been resolved.

Still missing file "CharacterSettings.xml" in "martyrs square/charname" folder and "ProfileSettings.xml" inside deeper "charname" folder. Also missing all of .xml settings files inside all of EA_xxx folders.
Sorry, I have no idea what could be causing that. Maybe your installation was damaged? Try reinstalling and see if that fixes the problem.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#8 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:10 pm

saupreusse wrote:
magicthighs wrote:
gonna try it out! thanks
No problem. The folder you have to copy is in the user\settings\Martyrs Square directory, with the same name as the character you just configured the UI for.

Ads
Thifall

Post#9 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:18 pm

magicthighs wrote:
Thifall wrote:Deleting "user" folder did not help. New folder was created, however issue hasn't been resolved.

Sorry, I have no idea what could be causing that. Maybe your installation was damaged? Try reinstalling and see if that fixes the problem.
soooooooo... I did folder swap and something interesting happened. Now when logging in i got settings from another character (more hotbars, moved healthbars, group interfaces etc). Now, when i change it and do reload it goes back to... the settings that were applied by those changed files:D Even using restore default button doesn't totally restore ui to it's defaults. It's somewhat crazy :D

Evilslicer

Post#10 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:25 am

My interface is disabled on my toon Arthenius. I can't inter act with anything on the game. I don't know what to do to fix this. I have no Mini map, nothing is on my screen except the game. No abilities, no backpack, nothing...….everything is disabled. I have no buttons or anything to click on. Can't exit the game.