Recent Topics

Ads

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Morf

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

Post#31 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:41 pm

22635 wrote:
Morf wrote:A friend of mine has a fix for the NB problem which appears to cause this error, but im to stupid to work out which file to replace with the fix, i will ask him if he can post here in detail how to do it.
Yeah, that would be nice if we could use that fix.

Here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13977 works for me,hope it works for everyone else.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Mael

Post#32 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Thanks for that Morf and thanks for the original OP's for the fix. Will be trying it out in a min.

For those people who don't feel the need to delete then make a new file, if you have notepad++ or another xml file editor, you can just make the change to the existing file.

It's only one line that get's commented out. The line commented out is

Code: Select all

<!--<SavedVariable name="NerfedMemory.actionDataCache" global="true" />-->
That line was line 153 in Notepad++'s system of line numbering.
Maelsorc 40/34 On sabbatical until sanity returns
Maelsmash 40/31 Ditto.

geezereur

Post#33 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:07 pm

rraveen wrote:I'm getting the same error almost everytime I log a toon out. I'm running under Windows 10.

Same here but I have Win 7

neutrino

Post#34 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Morf wrote:
22635 wrote:
Morf wrote:A friend of mine has a fix for the NB problem which appears to cause this error, but im to stupid to work out which file to replace with the fix, i will ask him if he can post here in detail how to do it.
Yeah, that would be nice if we could use that fix.

Here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13977 works for me,hope it works for everyone else.
This doesn't work btw.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Tesq

Post#35 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:18 pm

replace whole add on with the one from here

http://tools.idrinth.de/addons/

Gnash

Post#36 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Just started getting this error during a fortress. I have zero addons yet. Addons folder = empty. Unless you count the 4GB patch from NTCore, but still addon folder is empty.
thx!
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

Gnash

Post#37 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:03 pm

TYVM for reply. The 64 bit fix was ticked already. Considering my lag issues disappeared immediately after installing the duct tape i'm a bit hesitant. Pardon a second question: the patch was, iirc (and probably don't, forgive please) just executed on the respective target file (folder?) not so much added and still resides in my DL folder; i remember the NTCore instructions stating the patch only needed to be executed once, then voila, problem solved. So other than deleting executable from DL folder, what course of action do you recommend for undoing the duct tape? Thanks again for your time. Checking out Caffeine's posts in a minute. Good hunting!

to the already busy content mods: I decided to install the NTCore patch after being advised to do so within tech support forum. I also had no idea you Devs so eloquently coded that little gem in, so tyvm. Stupid question two: why did the 4GB duct tape seem to make game play "lagless" if this code was already part of the install? Simple curiosity, nothing more. Appreciate and respect all effort that every one of you invest in keeping this game alive and kicking (ass). Cheers!
And belated Birthday wishes!!
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack