Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Client download

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
robwarrior
Posts: 2

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1111 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 am

hi all i get the error message this file does not have the app associated with it for performing this action please install an app , or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default app settings page

Ads
User avatar
MISTERMPTH
Posts: 6
Contact:

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1112 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:08 am

I found out about & used Tixati, but thanks for replying anyway.

dannass
Posts: 1

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1113 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:38 am

I dl from google and gonna play today. :?

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6754
Contact:

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1114 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 pm

dannass wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:38 am
I dl from google and gonna play today. :?
Just as a general reminder for downloading anything on the internet. Don't "download from google". You should use a trusted source of whatever you're downloading, directly from the person/company that made it being the best source.

We provide this in a safe and efficient manner via Torrent. The benefit of a torrent is that it has file verification built into the download structure. You cannot download anything that the torrent we provide does not include. The other benefit is the transfer speed, as distributed networks are not only free, but magnitudes faster than what we're able to reasonably provide to a playerbase of this size. If you have some preconceived notion that Torrents are by default bad, it is simply a file transfer protocol. The content of What you download is what gets you in trouble, whether it's via Torrent, or "download from google".
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Solvite
Posts: 1

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1115 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 pm
dannass wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:38 am
I dl from google and gonna play today. :?
Just as a general reminder for downloading anything on the internet. Don't "download from google". You should use a trusted source of whatever you're downloading, directly from the person/company that made it being the best source.

We provide this in a safe and efficient manner via Torrent. The benefit of a torrent is that it has file verification built into the download structure. You cannot download anything that the torrent we provide does not include. The other benefit is the transfer speed, as distributed networks are not only free, but magnitudes faster than what we're able to reasonably provide to a playerbase of this size. If you have some preconceived notion that Torrents are by default bad, it is simply a file transfer protocol. The content of What you download is what gets you in trouble, whether it's via Torrent, or "download from google".
Yea but none of the guides really help anymore, and I have no idea what a Torrent even is in comparison to other download websites. I feel forced to use the google drive DL.

User avatar
Elven
Former Staff
Posts: 5145

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1116 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:45 am

I regularly update my client and share it for people to download. You should be able to avoid the lengthy update process since this client version is updated already.

Download link is here: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... eWiFRm1Otk

At the top right, click download and from the drop down list, select "download as zip".

User avatar
desizt
Posts: 118
Contact:

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1117 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:15 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z-74T0 ... sp=sharing

Uploaded the updated client pack again today :)
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.


Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Sept 2020)

User avatar
DarthBec
Posts: 3

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1118 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi all,

I played Warhammer Online back in the day but this is my first go at RoR.

I have a question - can I use my original copy of the game as the client, or will that not work?

I'm not very comfortable using torrents especially if it's downloading the actual game files as my ISP will probably see it as "illegal"

Sorry if I've misunderstood something :D

Ads
User avatar
Lilim
Posts: 356

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1119 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:54 pm

DarthBec wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:51 pm
Hi all,

I played Warhammer Online back in the day but this is my first go at RoR.

I have a question - can I use my original copy of the game as the client, or will that not work?

I'm not very comfortable using torrents especially if it's downloading the actual game files as my ISP will probably see it as "illegal"

Sorry if I've misunderstood something :D
Hey,

nope, you have to download the game....but If you don't like torrents, you can use the google drive link from desizt, one post above yours.

User avatar
xruptor
Posts: 92

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1120 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm

DarthBec wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:51 pm
Hi all,

I played Warhammer Online back in the day but this is my first go at RoR.

I have a question - can I use my original copy of the game as the client, or will that not work?

I'm not very comfortable using torrents especially if it's downloading the actual game files as my ISP will probably see it as "illegal"

Sorry if I've misunderstood something :D


I wouldn't recommend it as it would be an extremely old copy and the prepackaged ones are updated and configured to work with ROR.

The torrent is completely safe and you won't have any issues with it being flagged as Illegal. Torrents themselves are not illegal, it's what you may possibly download that could be considered illegal. Torrents are used legitimately all over the place and you don't even realize it. Sometimes it's built into applications and even games. Many games use Torrents to download update files through their patcher, in fact the Battle.net one from WOW uses something very similar. There are even software that use peer-to-peer as a communication backbone to other software clients. It's just a system that is used to reduce download bandwidth on the server by relying on clients to share their data to others. Majority of Linux distributions use Torrents to download their Operating System as another example.

So in general don't have the misconception that all torrents are "illegal" or "evil". It's just a peer-to-peer download system. Now if you went and downloaded illegal movies or games using a torrent system, THEN it would be illegal.

But if you are that paranoid on using something that is considered safe and common practice (which is understandable, I get it ;)). Don't worry there are other methods to download you can use. See the following posts.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16&p=435793#p432628
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16&p=435793#p435460

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests