Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Client download

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Lilim
Advisor

Re: RoR Client download

Post#1141 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:14 am

Blacktemplaz wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:20 am
d3dx9_34.dll can not be found. the game dont lunch what can i do please i need help
hey,

you are missing directx9...If you are downloading the game by torrent you should have a folder called "dx90x". Use the DXSETUP.
(You need directX9c to play this game, if you have questions or further problems, join the offical RoR discord, link in my signature)

Ads
Biozid

Post#1142 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:15 am

I am getin this error when i run Ror Updater. THe launcher wont let me sign in before updatiing.

Error Downloading updater:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Games\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

Profanity72

Post#1143 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:34 am

I downloaded the game and it was running well for months but now it seems like a file randomly deleted on it's own and won't run. I've redownloaded the game multiple times but it either fails or it says it successfully downloads but doesn't show up in my programs and even when it says download complete start? and I click yes nothing happens. I feel like a file to launch the game is missing but I don't know which file or how to get it.

Assur

Post#1144 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Czy można grać na Mac-u?

Drakhar

Post#1145 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:44 am

I followed the install guide but when I go to launch the game from the launcher I get a pop up that sys the game is launching but instead of the game starting I get sent right back to the launcher. Any ideas?

desizt

Post#1146 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am

Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

calebj95

Post#1147 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:53 pm

Its telling me that the launcher is seen as a trojen and a localinfect. Ideas?

Lilim
Advisor

Post#1148 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:57 pm

calebj95 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:53 pm
Its telling me that the launcher is seen as a trojen and a localinfect. Ideas?

The launcher is a trojan / malware!
The mechanism used in order to launch the client is picked up by anti-malware heuristics. Nothing we can do about that.
You can do something about it. Exclude the entire WAR folder in your anti-virus software, Windows Firewall/Defender, or whatever other software you have that would do something like this. How to do this is up to you to figure out, each bit of software is going to have its own procedure.

but here is the full install guide:

How to Download:
+ Recommend Torrent Tixati: http://www.tixati.com/
+ First step, disable your Antivirus, Firewall, or Malware detection programs. These can potentially interfere with an install.
+ Download torrent file: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/files ... 20.torrent
+ Run the Torrent file, with the Torrent app, and wait until it's finishes.

How to Install:
+ Stop your Torrent from seeding (close it, maybe check your task manager)
+ Move the Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning outside the ReturnofReckoning-March2020 folder and move it to c:\ ... for instance move it to c:\Games
(but NOT inside c:\ Program Files or c:\ Program Files (x86); it should be in a folder which it have write access)
+ Remove the write-protection from all the files in the Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning folder.
(right click on the War Online - RoR folder > properties > disable the read-only box)
+ Check that your whole Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning folder is whitelisted in your Antivirus program and check if your Firewall or Maleware doesn't interfere with the install.
+ You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.
(Right click on the RoRLauncher.exe > properties > run administrator)
+ Run the RoRLauncher.exe
+ Let it update (sometimes it needs a few seconds until it starts)
+ Exit launcher and rerun it again
+ Repeat the last 2-steps until there is no update left
+ Launch the game

!!! [If you don't have DirectX 9.0c, installed it is required, and now this is also included in the torrent. In the ReturnOfReckoning-March2020 folder find the dx90c folder, open that and run DXSETUP.exe]

Ads
calebj95

Post#1149 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:59 pm

Gotcha. Thank you so much!! ^_^

Harambenotfound

Post#1150 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 pm

can you please repack the torrent. 12 GB is still too much for me to download.