Recent Topics

Ads

Authentication problem

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Llanair

Authentication problem

Post#1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 am

Okay, so when I start up, regardless of if its as Admin or not, I find myself getting into the game, to the pre-server menu...and the black box stays empty. After a while I get an error box that says "Authentication Failed -- application will now terminate."

I used to run this fine on this same computer, I did not at the time need to remove the read-only setting(and seemingly can't do that anyway despite Admin permissions and even putting it just on the desktop rather than in a drive) and my security software has not changed. I took an unintentional break for a while and came back to it doing this.

Is there some update i'm missing? some file i need to update? a particular program that can meddle with this? i'm utterly clueless, please help!

Ads
FuatKoseoglu

Re: Authentication problem

Post#2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:35 pm

I have been waiting for solution like 1,5 years. Have you tried vpn?

Specialpatrol

Post#3 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:50 pm

Are you logging in from a wireless connection?

I get the exact same error, whenever I try to log in on my wireless connection (doesn't matter if it's on my 5ghz connection or the regular one). As soon as I hardwire my desktop to my router, the problem goes away.

Needless to say, it's bloody annoying - as I have to drag a wire across the apartment. But it's a basic fix, that at least solves the problem for now. So try it, if you haven't already.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Llanair

Post#4 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:12 am

Sadly, a direct connection simply isn't possible in my current set-up, the socket is downstairs where there is no room and the comp is upstairs where there is no socket, to say nothing of lacking a wire that long.

Its strange though because i've always used wireless connection, then one day it just seems to have stopped working for no aparant reason