Recent Topics

Ads

Unable to connect

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Norzium

Unable to connect

Post#1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Could not connect to Login server
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 46.105.54.77:8000
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(IPAddress[] addresses, Int32 port)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(String host, Int32 port)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Connect()

I'm trying to launch after I set the launcher to run as administrator and adding the launcher as an exception in Firewall. Apparently I can't access the login server (box is yellow upon launch). I did try Hotspot Shield (much to my chargrin since it **** up my old laptop) and was able to get to the initial character selection screen, but none of my characters were there and shortly after I'd get a popup saying authentication had failed and the application will now terminate.

Error code up above, appreciate any help!

For reference, I'm trying to access RoR from an Eduroam (wired) connection and I'm already well aware that Eduroam has form in certain ports being blocked. It'd be pretty sad if RoR turned out to be another game I couldn't play.

Ads