Recent Topics

Ads

Authentication failed - app will now terminate

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Nojil

Authentication failed - app will now terminate

Post#1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:15 pm

Hello everybody!

Just a quick question...I have the issues adressed above on my laptop since I downloaded the game. I re-installed it already, tried a few different versions (torrent and a german client), installed the DirectX stuff they tell you to download on the website etc.

Now...this still happens to me. I even already changed my password since some people said that would help but it didn't.
After like 25 seconds of starting the game it freezes and windows tells me "Authentication failed - the app will now terminate.
Tried a few different security settings, unticked the "read only" option in the properties etc. - still doesn't work

Any solutions?

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Authentication failed - app will now terminate

Post#2 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Hm i had The Same Problem. I had a Programm named yac on my PC since i deinstalled it The problem is solved. Sometimes it comes again. Just close game and ror launcher and Start again a few Times. Normal it works
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Sparto

Post#3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:39 am

Downloaded the game today and got the same error... Shame really guess I will keep playing WoW instead :D

Darosh
Banned

Post#4 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:45 am

Londo wrote:"Authentication Failed --- Application will now terminate" Means client did not receive timely response from game server. (There are two servers involved, lobby server and game server).

Client connects to lobby server first, then to game server.

Possible reasons why client can't connect to game server:

1. War client is not patched. War.exe client has to be patched to work with ror servers. Original live version will not work. (Ror patcher will try to patch it, but sometimes fails if file is read-only or already running)
2. Data.myp is corrupt, read-only, or older version. (Have someone send you copy of theirs.)
3. Firewall/ISP is blocking game server port (different from lobby server port 8048)
4. War install is not version 1.4.8 build 573
5. ISP is doing packet shaping (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_shaping)
Abbd: Yada yada, forum search, yada yada stickies, yada yada red boxes and so on.