Recent Topics

Ads

Solved - Defeat--Tried all avenues to launch

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Orrodreth

Solved - Defeat--Tried all avenues to launch

Post#1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi all,

I'm not a guy who easily accepts defeat but here I am;

I am able to open the launcher and click connect however I still receive the "file not found" error. The game proceeds to open but I am unable to move past the opening screen with options such as "credits, settings and exit." The box to the right is also blank.

I have tried all things listed in the sticky and combed the forum. I have tried the command prompt route with "lodctr /r" (states it's successful with no change), the unpacked launcher with unzip, the launcher is in the correct folder, I have re-installed the game several times using different methods (torrent and megaupload), I have also ensured the "read-only" is unchecked on the folder containing WAR.

The screen I end up on looks like the video attached to the sticky (Patience) however I do get the error message on every launch and have tried to open the game several times with no luck.

Any thoughts at this point??

Thank you!

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Defeat--Tried all avenues to launch

Post#2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:25 pm

What error message are you getting that is not covered in the technical sticky?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Orrodreth

Post#3 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Thank you for the quick reply!

I am receiving the below message (which I understand is in the sticky). I have tried to replace the launcher with the unpacked copy using the link but I'm still receiving the message and unable to create a character once the game begins. I was able to accept all terms at the title.

Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Desktop\Warhammer Online\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Desktop\Warhammer Online\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

Orrodreth

Post#4 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:06 am

Figured it out! Was missing some files with the launcher extraction... moved the launcher only and not the files

Ley
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:14 am

Solved~