Recent Topics

Ads

Will Not Connect to a Server

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
weasel

Re: Will Not Connect to a Server

Post#21 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:00 pm

I tried reinstalling everything still doenst work. i don't get an error message so can't show you one.
the login server file does change after atempting to log in.

Original text is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RootElementOfAnyName>
<MythLoginServiceConfig>
<Settings>
<ProductId>2</ProductId>
<MessageTimeoutSecs>24</MessageTimeoutSecs>
</Settings>
<RegionList>
<Region regionName="prod">
<PingServer serverName="None">
<Address>0.0.0.0</Address>
<Port>0</Port>
</PingServer>
<LoginServerList>
<LoginServer serverName="ReturnOfReckoning01052015">
<Address>178.32.58.46</Address>
<Port>8048</Port>
</LoginServer>
</LoginServerList>
</Region>
</RegionList>
</MythLoginServiceConfig>
</RootElementOfAnyName>

After logging in it changes to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RootElementOfAnyName>
<MythLoginServiceConfig>
<Settings>
<ProductId>2</ProductId>
<MessageTimeoutSecs>24</MessageTimeoutSecs>
</Settings>
<RegionList>
<Region regionName="prod">
<PingServer serverName="None">
<Address>0.0.0.0</Address>
<Port>0</Port>
</PingServer>
<LoginServerList>
<LoginServer serverName="20160805">
<Address>46.105.54.77</Address>
<Port>8048</Port>
</LoginServer>
</LoginServerList>
</Region>
</RegionList>
</MythLoginServiceConfig>
</RootElementOfAnyName>

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Post#22 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:41 am

All looks OK there. Try checking security settings and through anti virus. Try using a VPN to see if you can log in to character lobby with a different IP.

iambrandon

Post#23 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:28 am

It seems like I cant log in after the new patch, Does not want to connect to the web server, it just shows red. Checked anti virus and firewall.

Vonn59

Post#24 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Well I have a similar problem, the launcher works fine I believe its the client I am seeing a problem in it starts fine but when its attempts to log in after the Handshaking process it seems to fail to successfully login, I don't know what to do at this point.

mekal

Post#25 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:28 pm

having a problem also first had to use the vpn as it would just timeout was able to create a character and enter the world took about 2 steps and logged out returned a hour later tried to login but it wont get past the initial screen with the black box just getting a message "authentication failed -- application will now terminate" any help would be appreciated

edit: disregard just had to swap vpn

thepankydoodler

Post#26 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 pm

After removing read only, adding firewall and antivirus exceptions, making sure the files are unblocked and running as admin, getting most recent launcher, rebuilding performance whatevers, etc. I still get this error:

Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Category does not exist.
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

thepankydoodler

Post#27 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:53 am

By same problem I mean I'm getting the same error code and results as OP. I've added exceptions in my firewall and antivirus, I've rebuilt my performance whatevers, restarted my computer, made sure the files aren't read only and are unblocked, and I'm running as administrator. But I still get this:

Data.myp:
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:06 am

So this error
Data.myp:

Might be related to UAC being disabled. User Account Control. It's the Windows function that prompts certain types of files to run. Turn that on, set it to the lowest security level if that's what you want. As a long-time sysadmin, we never turn this off, and only lower it on trusted devices (your home device would be considered trusted).

It also might be related to needing to run WAR.exe as admin. You need to force it to run as admin by right clicking on WAR.exe, Properties, Compatibility tab, always run as admin.

If that fixes the issue, let me know and I'll add it to the sticky.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
kmark101

Post#29 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:49 am

Make sure you have directx file in your game folder. Even if your Windows is 64bit, you need the 32bit directx file.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

thepankydoodler

Post#30 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:20 pm

I turned down UAC, installed DX10. 9.0c isn't compatible with windows 10 even in compatibility mode. Both War.exe and launcher are run as admin. Still get the same error.